• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News - 2013/14

Anyone know when Sky and BT will make their announcements? I'd say our game against Palace has a 60% chance of being televised as its a London derby and Palace are a newly promoted team but...

Chelsea v Hull I'd imagine has a 80% chance with Mourinho back at the helm, against a newly promoted Hull. I'm going for this to be shown on the Sunday.

Man U's trip to Swansea is likely to be televised due to the game being the first in a new era under David Moyes. I think this will be the first fixture of the season.

As for other games to be televised... I think we will be next in line with Villa v Arsenal perhaps the 4th choice.

Palace Away

Allocation and Prices to be confirmed.

One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders can apply online or by submitting an application form, which can be obtained from the ticket office, no later than 5:00pm on Monday 15 July.

One Hotspur Bronze / Lilywhite Members be able to apply online or by submitting the away match application form, which can be obtained from the ticket office, from 5.00pm on Monday 15 July and no later than 5pm on Monday 29 July.

Loyalty Points: 5

I do not understand how an away match which we will be oversubscribed for, especially against a London side, can warrant 5 points.

I did a bit of research and it suggested that time either today or tomorrow and well, it wasn't today!!

Staring at the ring of doom again waiting to get in and try for multi-game packages. Last mm and it's not moved for 15 minutes. How I've missed these Monday mornings!

We have the potential to play a maximum of 67 competitive matches in the 2013-14 season, excluding any FA Cup replays.

A0301_zps90c886fe.png

Staring at the ring of doom again waiting to get in and try for multi-game packages. Last mm and it's not moved for 15 minutes. How I've missed these Monday mornings!

I wasnt going to bother with any of these but i was going to do Swansea & will be away (Vegas \o/) when they go on sale mext Mon. So i decided to buy package 'one' which includes Norwich & Saudi Sportswashing Machine which were also in my 'to do' list.
I called the site up at 9.07am got to within a millimeter of the end of the queue & it kicked me out. Then it wouldnt work at all on IE at all so switched to Firefox. Eventually got in around 9.42 & bagged one.

£7 fees. Nice.

I wasnt going to bother with any of these but i was going to do Swansea & will be away (Vegas \o/) when they go on sale mext Mon. So i decided to buy package 'one' which includes Norwich & Saudi Sportswashing Machine which were also in my 'to do' list.
I called the site up at 9.07am got to within a millimeter of the end of the queue & it kicked me out. Then it wouldnt work at all on IE at all so switched to Firefox. Eventually got in around 9.42 & bagged one.

£7 fees. Nice.

Happy days fella. See you there. COYS!

Was fine for me this morning. Was held in a queue until 9.30, then it let me in and I bought a couple of the packages.

Straight afterwards I went back in to get a third without having to queue again. The least painful purchase of Spurs tickets I've ever experienced.

Was fine for me this morning. Was held in a queue until 9.30, then it let me in and I bought a couple of the packages.

Straight afterwards I went back in to get a third without having to queue again. The least painful purchase of Spurs tickets I've ever experienced.

Same here, when I finally managed to access the site, got the first 3 packages, but by the time I got to Package 4 they didnt have any left. Didnt mind too much as I will sttruggle to make the home match v City, so would have been throwing £100 away I suppose.

By the way, anybody know what 'PRC/CRC restrictions apply to this purchase' means???

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Thanks for your support. Multi-Game packages sold out in just 45 mins. Tickets still available for Spurs Vs Espanyol.

Been trying to find out over the net when the tv fixtures be coming out,picked up something on digital spy saying the annoucement has been cancelled for today saying it be middle to the end of the week now. Sky and BT still haggling who to cover.

Arsenal v Spurs is now Sunday 4pm.

Found that out through my Arsenal contact -only know their ones. As detailed above full list wont be published until Wednesday at earliest.

This is once again proof how little the PL regard it's travelling supporters. It appears the fans in Thailand, Miami and Brisbane tuning in on TV are far more important than us silly sods who will travel the length and breadth of the country.

Arsenal v Spurs is now Sunday 4pm.

Found that out through my Arsenal contact -only know their ones. As detailed above full list wont be published until Wednesday at earliest.

This is once again proof how little the PL regard it's travelling supporters. It appears the fans in Thailand, Miami and Brisbane tuning in on TV are far more important than us silly sods who will travel the length and breadth of the country.

to be fair it is massive game between two london teams......games at those time in Asia are on really late, singapore is 7 hours ahead.

it is all about sky putting it on the tv...

to be fair it is massive game between two london teams......games at those time in Asia are on really late, singapore is 7 hours ahead.

it is all about sky putting it on the tv...

I've got no issues with the Arsenal KO - was always going to be Sunday as we have EL on the Thurs anyway and couldn't be Monday night due to upcoming internationals. My frustration is with the constant uncertainty of when games will be played meaning it is impossible to plan any trips until the TV companies decide, over a prolonged period, which games they want to show.

The PL could put their foot down and dictate that if Sky/BT want to rearrange any of their games they must do so no less than 3 months before the scheduled date (this would be perfectly reasonable at the start of the season but appreciate slightly different towards the 'business end' of the campaign). Then Scudamore stands all high and mighty saying how proud he is that the PL is the only major league not to enforce pricing structures on clubs - seriously if you can make SO much money through TV deals then away ticket prices should be subsidised and capped at something like £20 to compensate for the added travel costs denied by not being able to book up further in advance.

Rant over.....

The TV fixtures announced on Thursday will kick-start the war between Sky Sports and BT Sport for Premier League supremacy.

And Sky's first picks mean a low-key start for newcomers BT with Liverpool v Stoke due to be their opening Saturday match. Sky cover Swansea v Manchester United and Chelsea v Hull that weekend.

All eyes will be trained on the first game of the Premier League champions' title defence, with David Moyes taking charge of a league match for the first time.

And Jose Mourinho's first competitive game since his return to Chelsea ensures the match at Stamford Bridge is hardly less intriguing.

Sky are planning a strangle-at-birth strategy to combat the challenge from BT to their long-held domination of TV football.

The blueprint is being devised under Project Purple, the Sky think tank dedicated to finding ways to derail BT's launch of their 38-game Premier League package on August 17.

As part of this strategy, Sky will broadcast its first ever free-to-air live match at 5.30pm on the opening day of the new season, as well as a Football League match live at lunchtime.

The head-to-head rivalry will start with Sky putting on the Championship fixture Burnley v Bolton on August 3 to coincide with BT's first football game of the new season, Steven Gerrard's testimonial match between Liverpool and Olympiakos.

The Project Purple game plan also includes having a live studio audience for Sky's Saturday football slot at 5.30pm, which has long been one of BT's proposals for their football coverage.

Regulator Ofcom has launched an investigation into BSkyB's alleged refusal to share its Sky Sports channels with BT on 'fair terms'.

The telecoms watchdog said it has opened an investigation into Sky's 'alleged abuse of a dominant position' regarding the wholesale supply of Sky Sports 1 and 2 - its flagship sports channels.

BT wants to offer Sky Sports via YouView set-top boxes to complement its own newly-launched sport offer.

But BT said Sky will not allow the channels to be broadcast over BT boxes unless it offers its rival wholesale access to its own BT Sport channels in return.

BT sparked a price war with Sky last month when it launched free live Premier League action to football fans for the first time - if they buy its broadband starting at £10 a month. It will also show 30 live matches from the Football Conference next season.

Sky have announced their exciting line-up for the new season, with Jamie Redknapp appearing on a revamped Saturday show in front of a live audience and Jamie Carragher joining Gary Neville on Monday Night Football.

BT, meanwhile, have snapped up Michael Owen as their lead co-commentator, while Owen Hargreaves, Steve McManaman, David James and Rio Ferdinand will also appear as pundits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2359747/Manchester-United-Chelsea-Sky-Sports-Liverpool-BT-Sport-opening-Premier-League-fixtures.html

Back