• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News - 2013/14

Only just spotted this. Now I'm really p#ssed off. What the f#ck is that all about????

Totally miffed

I sympathise. It gets no better, does it? My personal 'favourite' is still Sunderland away a couple of seasons back, which got moved for tv at 2 weeks notice.

Why is the club playing these couple of games at 12pm......laudrup was saying down here,that home team can dictate the times of the game,especially after an europa cup game,i know sky can have a say but why didn't we kick off at 2pm at least.

Why is the club playing these couple of games at 12pm......laudrup was saying down here,that home team can dictate the times of the game,especially after an europa cup game,i know sky can have a say but why didn't we kick off at 2pm at least.

I think the Saudi Sportswashing Machine had to be at 12pm so it didnt clash with the Sunderland v City game as both were being televised.

Same with the United game BT showing our game. Hull vLiverpool is being shown by Sky at 2pm with Chelsea v Soton at 4.10pm

But I dont understand why the West Ham and Hull games kicked off at 4pm as neither were televised, same with the Stoke game on Dec 29th, dont know why it is 4pm and not 2pm or 3pm, and even why its on the Sunday at all

I think the Saudi Sportswashing Machine had to be at 12pm so it didnt clash with the Sunderland v City game as both were being televised.

Same with the United game BT showing our game. Hull vLiverpool is being shown by Sky at 2pm with Chelsea v Soton at 4.10pm

But I dont understand why the West Ham and Hull games kicked off at 4pm as neither were televised, same with the Stoke game on Dec 29th, dont know why it is 4pm and not 2pm or 3pm, and even why its on the Sunday at all

I don't know if Sky have specifically requested a few Sundays with a 'triple-header' but it's 1 game too many for me...all a bit footballed out. Plus 12 just feels too early, like sunday morning amateur football .

Thinking about it i would prefer 1 at 530 sat, 1 at 3/4pm sun, and the mnf game at 8pm....don't need much more than that. Keep as many games at 3pm sat (so bump the EL of Thurs as well)

The Stoke game has probably been moved to give us more time to recover. If both clubs agree and there are no reasons not to do it, it can be done I think.

Since we played thursday and Emirates Marketing Project /sunderland played on tuesday, i thought the club would have pressed for a 2pm at least,we know the goons/man ure will have the 4pm slot,most players have got acustomed to the 1.30/4pm routine on a sunday so why **** everyone around.

Won't be surprised its for the asian market,zzzzzzzzz,.........ive seen spanish and italian games kick off at half 11/midday now because of this.

The Stoke game has probably been moved to give us more time to recover. If both clubs agree and there are no reasons not to do it, it can be done I think.

I think it will be this. Splits the gap between the Boxing Day and New Years Day games, play WBA,2 days rest, play Stoke, 2 days rest, play United.
Instead of 1 day break and then 3 days.

I see Everton are playing Southampton on the 29th too even though they arent on TV, but at least they kick-off at the more reasonable time of 1.30pm, wouldnt have minded that too much I suppose

From Stoke OS:

Spurs Fixture Change Statement

A message to supporters from Chief Executive Tony Scholes:

"When the fixtures for the 2013-14 season were announced in June many clubs, including ourselves, were surprised that over the Christmas period there was a two-day gap between two games, followed by a four-day gap before the next fixture. The issue was raised with the Premier League, who promised to look into it.

"As a club we did not expect any changes to be made to the Christmas schedule but were informed last week by the Premier League that clubs would be allowed to move their December 28 fixtures back by 24 hours – a decision we immediately communicated to supporters.

"As the home club, Tottenham had the greater influence over whether or not the game was moved, although we obviously had a part to play in the decision. I’m sure that you would accept that from a footballing point of view 3 days between each game makes more sense and from the point of view of supporters at least the decision has been made now, seven weeks before the game.

"However, I do recognise and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused to a section of our support who may already have organised travel independent of the club’s free coach travel scheme. Whilst we are unable to reimburse travel or hotel costs you may already be committed to, we are able to offer you free travel on the day of the game. Our free coach travel initiative normally only applies to fans travelling to and from Stoke for Premier League games. However, given the circumstances, we are happy to reserve you a seat on a coach for the return journey from London only, if this suits you better. I accept that this may not be an ideal situation, but it does mean that you will not incur any further costs."

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/spurs-fixture-change-statement-1173098.aspx

Good find DenmarkSpur.

Nice to know some clubs keep their fans informed on why such decisions are made.

Still interested to know why its 4pm though.

Last edited:
Applied for United Away on NY Day.

Any idea what the loyalty points cut-off will be for this.

Haven't done an away since last season and the points rule has changed (based on last 5 years only etc) - so not sure how this has affected things?

Also, how long after the application closes does it usually take to find out?

Haven't done an away since last season and the points rule has changed (based on last 5 years only etc) - so not sure how this has affected things?

Tbh I think you will be fine no matter how many you have. 5.30pm ko on New Years Day and £54 a ticket..I cant see us selling our full allocation for this one

Was hoping we might hear yesterday, it was around this time last month they announced Dec TV games. Shame it wasnt yesterday though the Premier Inn £25 per room deal ended last night. Ah well

I think we all knew Norwich and Cardiff were being moved, due To Europa, and I think Everton was always looking good for TV. So it was just a matter of k.o times.

Hopefully the Cardiff game will be getting moved again, as thats the League Cup final weekend...

All applications received from Season Ticket Holders, One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members have been successful.

Are we not allowed to play on saturdays or something? I've got tickets for the Everton game, and it just makes everything som much more stressfull with travel and stuff when it's on a sunday.

Are we not allowed to play on saturdays or something? I've got tickets for the Everton game, and it just makes everything som much more stressfull with travel and stuff when it's on a sunday.

The Europa kills a lot of the Saturday games, including the play-off its now going to be at least 10 that have been moved, plus it appears we are still good TV viewing, so we do get chosen a lot.
Everton at home was always in with a chance of being picked, surprised Norwich away was though.

Palace at home is still a 3pm Sat match, but Cardiff has been moved, Arsenal will be televised for sure, Southampton the week after might get chosen too, so it could be Sunderland in April before our next home Sat 3pm k/off after Palace.

Back