• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

He doesn't really solve our issue, which is not having pace or dribblers up front outside of Son (and Lamela, if he ever returns to fitness) - but I agree, there are some decent finishes in there. Safe to say we know what we'll be getting from him if this one goes through, though - he isn't being signed because of his tap-ins and finishes in the box, he's being signed because he's a physical unit we can lob crosses at, a la Giroud.
There were a few tidy finishes with his feet in that vid too, as Giroud had last season also to be fair. It is not all aerial stuff.

Last edited:
Spanish Crouch. Still better option than Janssen though.

Llorente coming off the bench wont be worrying if he's ever gonna score again, wont be worrying about never making it at the top level.

We can't do any type of pressing game with him on the pitch though, he doesn't have the legs.

The flip side is that if he had a successful loan spell, he could be a £40m player

And thats the gamble you take. We have a fair fwe million in him, he did very little this season to suggest he was about to find his feet and the net, and now we have a chance to profit on him (apparently).

Do you stick or twist?

I can certainly see the appeal in taking the money while its there.

I do like Janssen, so Im pretty ambivalent on this one. If he goes its good business, and good luck to him - the games will do him good. If he stays then Ill go back to seeing the best in him and hoping he finds the net a few times to really establish some confidence.

I'd rather have Bony, who appears to be going to Swansea for similar money, than Llorente.
(And there might be some residual value there)

Llorente coming off the bench wont be worrying if he's ever gonna score again, wont be worrying about never making it at the top level.

We can't do any type of pressing game with him on the pitch though, he doesn't have the legs.

Perfect bench option.

A different way of playing off the bench

And thats the gamble you take. We have a fair fwe million in him, he did very little this season to suggest he was about to find his feet and the net, and now we have a chance to profit on him (apparently).

Do you stick or twist?

I can certainly see the appeal in taking the money while its there.

I do like Janssen, so Im pretty ambivalent on this one. If he goes its good business, and good luck to him - the games will do him good. If he stays then Ill go back to seeing the best in him and hoping he finds the net a few times to really establish some confidence.

It'll come down to what he has done in training and Poch's view on whether he will come good.

We have more than one issue. Clearly much of our rumoured business has been looking at genuine pace/dribblers up front - Balde, Gray, Mahrez...

I think it does him a disservice to say he is a just a big lump. Its a factor, a plan B, an option - all things we've lacked, but he is a genuine quality striker who gets goals - all sorts of goals - as well. Something Janssen is yet to show us.

Llorente would add a lot to our squad/options and its more than just an agricultural plan B.

There were a few tidy finishes with his feet in that vid too, as Giroud had last season also to be fair. It is not all ariel stuff.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to disparage this potential signing - I didn't say he's *only* some lump, and he can definitely finish with some finesse as well. But he wouldn't be signed because he finishes well, is all - he'd be signed primarily for his aerial threat and size, and the finishing and technique are extras that round out his game.

Either way, I'd like it, as long as we don't let Janssen go permanently to make it happen.

Where as Kane just constantly sprints the width of the pitch harrying defenders a la Sanchez right?

Well yeah he does work pretty hard in the pressing game actually...
Of all his many qualities Kane's work rate is one of the most impressive things about him. It's just that his loping style of running (ambling -slightly faster ambling) masks what is actually a lot of chasing down and reasonable pace over mid-distance.

So when you look at West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea around us and then look at Spurs, quoted as "We will make signings and not panic on media attention on lack of signings" I think we have had a fudging good window.

Levy and Poch know what they want and we do it in a methodical way that works.

Fcuking love the pair

So when you look at West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea around us and then look at Spurs, quoted as "We will make signings and not panic on media attention on lack of signings" I think we have had a fudging good window.

Levy and Poch know what they want and we do it in a methodical way that works.

Fcuking love the pair

Walker - 50MIL
Janssen - 23MIL
Wimmer - 18MIL
Total - 91MIL

Aurier - 23MIL
Sanchez 30MIL (+ Addons)
Foyth - 9MIL
Llorente - 15MIL
Barkley - 30MIL

Total - 107MIL

Hopefully one more in with a bit of pace, to make up for barkleys injury, although NKoudou may be back in plans

Back