• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Could still rock up with the other lot but we're tinkling them off and upping the price....

So ha!

Because that's useful when we have 70% possession?

Llorente has the same issues as Benteke. He's a perfect forward for a 4-4-2 team that plays on the break and has a Defoe next to him and two touchline hugging wingers. He's not suited to a fluid, high tempo passing and possession side

You have to wonder whether Poch is going to be deploying some other systems in tight games this season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What is an immobile target man going to do? He needs Dawson hoofs to head on to Defoe. Not Eriksen and Alli trying to pick out his snail pace runs.

Again, you're being too static in your approach to this potential signing IMO. Remember, BTW, where most of Sunday's game was played; in the opposition half! We are talking about an option off the bench, and if a side sits deep and suddenly has to deal with Kane and Llorente on same pitch, with either Eriksen or Alli off them, and it will cause defenses problems.

Again, you're being too static in your approach to this potential signing IMO. Remember, BTW, where most of Sunday's game was played; in the opposition half! We are talking about an option off the bench, and if a side sits deep and suddenly has to deal with Kane and Llorente on same pitch, with either Eriksen or Alli off them, and it will cause defenses problems.

Agreed. I like this signing.

When you think about facing Madrid and Dortmund, and sending on Janssen to shake things up...you can see why we're aiming for Llorente. That much more weight to him. Hopefully Janssen sticks around or we have a buy back or sell on clause.

Only issue is waiting for bony to complete before they sign off....to much time for that other lot to intercede....

I would be sorry if we let Janssen leave ( a years loan would be fine though), as for Llorente well he gives us another option and he is great in the air.

I don't dispute that he's got good feet (he would never have succeeded in Spain if he was an Andy Carroll). My concern is his lack of mobility - the complete opposite of Kane - and our pressing system.

But you get a different player from what we have, thats half the point is it not?

One that exploits space and is a huge aerial threat whilst being a clever footballer? Also Kane will learn off him which i know is a cliche but I think its true.

He also seems a decent bloke to have around and we need CL experience, GHod knows that

Back