• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

He's the best defensive header at the club:(
Would Stoke have terrorised us in the air if he was playing?
Then again, it could be asked, would we have been even more terrorised on the ground if he was playing?

:(

Still, silver lining could be Berahino deal is closer:cool:
Must say I agree about his aerial dominance. I am not sold on the alderweireld/ vertonghen Central defensive partnership yet. Felt that Fazio and verts complemented each other nicely. Did we not go on a run of not losing last season when they were paired together?

If thats true then Berahino should be on his way .We weren't desperate to sell him but if it helped get Berahino then we 100% would sell.

Must say I agree about his aerial dominance. I am not sold on the alderweireld/ vertonghen Central defensive partnership yet. Felt that Fazio and verts complemented each other nicely. Did we not go on a run of not losing last season when they were paired together?

Yeah, i'd actually consider selling Verts and playing Toby and Faz...

<<Runs for cover>>

We want to play a high line, most weeks we are going to play teams who we will have more possession against, and whose tactic will be to play it into the channels and hit us on the counter, and/or play it over the top as we press onto them.

Dawson was shown the door for being too immobile and slow
We purchase a player who is slower and doesnt know the league

Strange signing in first place,

We want to play a high line, most weeks we are going to play teams who we will have more possession against, and whose tactic will be to play it into the channels and hit us on the counter, and/or play it over the top as we press onto them.

Dawson was shown the door for being too immobile and slow
We purchase a player who is slower and doesnt know the league

Strange signing in first place,

i didnt see this against Stoke, plus Vertonghen and Alderweireld are not that quick

agree with this, i thought Verts and Fazio together were excellent and i still cant work out why Poch abandoned that partnership.

wouldnt it be funny if we sell Fazio to West Brom but dont end up signing Berahino :rolleyes:

Have never understood why people on he rated Fazio so highly given how Dawson got slaughtered on here and them being so similar. I think we should take the money and run as Fazio isn't first choice and no point having a mediocre back-up who is at a peak age (28) sitting in the stands. Prefer to develop Dier in his proper position, and if that helps gets us Berahino, so much the better

I would be sorry to see him go, he and Jan were by a long way our best CB pairing last season. Still now we have Toby I doubt he will play that many games as the Jan Toby partnership will be our best.

At least with Fazio, you can clearly identify his strengths.

I'm still waiting to understand what it is that Vertonghen brings to the defence - and no, it's not 'good on the ball'.

Dier > Fazio > Vertonghen

I'm still waiting to understand what it is that Vertonghen brings to the defence - and no, it's not 'good on the ball'

I think its just a left foot. He has not put in a really good display in a long time. And he keeps letting players get in front of him and behind the RCB. ITs not an easy run to track but he is never anywhere near them.

I think its just a left foot. He has not put in a really good display in a long time. And he keeps letting players get in front of him and behind the RCB. ITs not an easy run to track but he is never anywhere near them.

The united game? the entire back line was fine?

There is no way Fazio is better than Jan, and as AdamB said, much prefer Dier given a run if we had to than Fazio brought out for a small run of games.

He was good in the air most day, but even him I remember losing a bunch of brick in the air late last season. The assumption for the money has to be he is a bit part in a SB deal.

Back