• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Argentinian Dawson, my foot. He's got an aggressiveness and ferocity I love, despite his flaws. :)

=D>

[VINE]OpVqFidqEeY[/VINE]

... Verts walking away as Fazio comes in and protects his keeper. Something I could see Walker, Mason, Bentaleb, Soldado, Chadli, and Kane doing. We need more of these types in our side. Rose would probably too but he'd take it too far do something stupid, and get sent off.

awesome stuff from Faz. Between him and verts, I actually think he's been the more solid option in our defense. Verts has a tendency to needlessly pull at shirts too much and scares me from time to time.

... Verts walking away as Fazio comes in and protects his keeper. Something I could see Walker, Mason, Bentaleb, Soldado, Chadli, and Kane doing. We need more of these types in our side. Rose would probably too but he'd take it too far do something stupid, and get sent off.

awesome stuff from Faz. Between him and verts, I actually think he's been the more solid option in our defense. Verts has a tendency to needlessly pull at shirts too much and scares me from time to time.

It was a pretty stupid thing to do if you look at it rationally though. Normally, I would agree that we need to stick up for each other, but we were already into injury time chasing an equaliser, and Fazio's action killed a minute of playing time that the referee didn't add on at the end of the six minutes.

I realise that there is a lot of adrenaline in the system, and we have all done similar things playing football, but at times we need to keep a cool head. Stambouli's "tackle" that caused the penalty was another example. He didn't make contact, but going to ground in the first place in that situation was foolish. There was no need for it. I think that, in general, our players make too many poor decisions like that.

It was a pretty stupid thing to do if you look at it rationally though. Normally, I would agree that we need to stick up for each other, but we were already into injury time chasing an equaliser, and Fazio's action killed a minute of playing time that the referee didn't add on at the end of the six minutes.

I realise that there is a lot of adrenaline in the system, and we have all done similar things playing football, but at times we need to keep a cool head. Stambouli's "tackle" that caused the penalty was another example. He didn't make contact, but going to ground in the first place in that situation was foolish. There was no need for it. I think that, in general, our players make too many poor decisions like that.

Campbell was spoiling anyway, he was looking to carry on getting in Lloris' face,so I don't think it made much difference.

But we do seem to have some fight in the team now.

Agree with your overall point about rationality, but not really with your examples.

Stambouli's tackle, in addition to not being a penalty imo, wasn't one of those where going to ground in the box is foolish. For me that's situations where the attacker isn't really threatening and going nowhere (like the foul on Kane, wingers heading for the touch line). The Palace player was coming inside and would have had at least a fairly free shot on goal or a pass to set up an excellent chance. The foolish thing in that situation was Eriksen getting done so ridiculously easily by a ball being thrown over his head.

Stambouli's foolish involvement in that game was when he completely needlessly picked up a relatively early yellow for a foul in a nothing situation for absolutely no reason. Risked a later red and effectively made himself much more of a force defensively in midfield because he had to be careful. Proper lack of discipline.

I get your point on the Fazio situation, but by then one Palace player had already trod on Hugo's neck ffs. Standing up for your goalkeeper is fine there imo and it's a situation where if he lost his head a bit it's at least understandable. I was fuming and far from rational myself. The Stambouli and Eriksen situations though... Not good enough.

Agree with your overall point about rationality, but not really with your examples.

Stambouli's tackle, in addition to not being a penalty imo, wasn't one of those where going to ground in the box is foolish. For me that's situations where the attacker isn't really threatening and going nowhere (like the foul on Kane, wingers heading for the touch line). The Palace player was coming inside and would have had at least a fairly free shot on goal or a pass to set up an excellent chance. The foolish thing in that situation was Eriksen getting done so ridiculously easily by a ball being thrown over his head.

Stambouli's foolish involvement in that game was when he completely needlessly picked up a relatively early yellow for a foul in a nothing situation for absolutely no reason. Risked a later red and effectively made himself much more of a force defensively in midfield because he had to be careful. Proper lack of discipline.

I get your point on the Fazio situation, but by then one Palace player had already trod on Hugo's neck ffs. Standing up for your goalkeeper is fine there imo and it's a situation where if he lost his head a bit it's at least understandable. I was fuming and far from rational myself. The Stambouli and Eriksen situations though... Not good enough.

I disagree that Stambouli needed to make that tackle. It wasn't a situation that warranted a desperate, 50/50 tackle. Maybe Ledley would have got a shot off, but it was hardly a clear chance. In general, it's rarely a good idea to make sliding challenges inside the penalty area, unless you are certain you will get to the ball first.

I can understand Fazio's reaction, but that doesn't make it any more clever. His reaction was exactly what Campbell was after. Like I said, I agree that we need to stick up for each other, but that was just the wrong time for it.

I do agree that Stambouli got himself a needless yellow card, but it wasn't that early. 10-15 minutes into the second half, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
I disagree that Stambouli needed to make that tackle. It wasn't a situation that warranted a desperate, 50/50 tackle. Maybe Ledley would have got a shot off, but it was hardly a clear chance. In general, it's rarely a good idea to make sliding challenges inside the penalty area, unless you are certain you will get to the ball first.

I can understand Fazio's reaction, but that doesn't make it any more clever. His reaction was exactly what Campbell was after. Like I said, I agree that we need to stick up for each other, but that was just the wrong time for it.

I do agree that Stambouli got himself a needless yellow card, but it wasn't that early. 10-15 minutes into the second half, if I recall correctly.

Not aimed at you in particular, but if the ref doesn't give the penalty it's a "great tackle by Stambouli". Stambouli doesn't try to tackle him and Palace scores it's "brushes past our supposed defensive midfielder with ease". Really don't think it was that bad.

10 minutes into the second half, but for absolutely no reason at all. It was the antithesis to the yellow Bentaleb picked up against Chelsea when he stopped a break. Absolutely nothing happening well into their half. Silly silly silly.

Not aimed at you in particular, but if the ref doesn't give the penalty it's a "great tackle by Stambouli". Stambouli doesn't try to tackle him and Palace scores it's "brushes past our supposed defensive midfielder with ease". Really don't think it was that bad.

10 minutes into the second half, but for absolutely no reason at all. It was the antithesis to the yellow Bentaleb picked up against Chelsea when he stopped a break. Absolutely nothing happening well into their half. Silly silly silly.

I see what you are saying, but I think the best thing to do would have been to get close to Ledley, put him under pressure and try to get some upper body contact to put him off. Diving into a 50/50 tackle inside the box is always a dangerous game to play (take not Danny Rose).

I agree with you about the yellow card. If I recall correctly, he had just misplaced a pass and was a bit ****ed off and tried to make up for it. But again, that is when you need to try to keep a cool head. I know it is difficult in the heat of the moment, though. I think everyone who has played football at any level does.

=D>

@RachelVMartin: Would rather've seen him with Vertonghen on pitch but lovely that @Fede2Fazio mingled with fans in East Lower #COYS
B7k3yaCIUAAqnHE.jpg:small

Absence does make the heart grow fonder!

After the abysmal defending against Burnley - getting caught out by a ridiculous route 1 punt through the middle - and Verts losing his head yesterday, does anyone still think we can do without the big man?

There are fewer calls in public saying we made a mistake letting Dawson go and bringing Fazio in.
Especially after today's Hull game, the pundits should be seeing more and more that we have upgraded.

- - - Updated - - -

There are fewer calls in public saying we made a mistake letting Dawson go and bringing Fazio in.
Especially after today's Hull game, the pundits should be seeing more and more that we have upgraded.

As posters know I am a big Fazio fan; just love the big man. But it wasn't his best game today. Three times he missed closing out his striker (mainly Berahino) and left them with a shot on target - Lloris bailed him out big time,

Back