• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Being good in the air is how you judge a league 1 defender. We need more than that.

Yes, but we have been massively poor in recent times to a ball just pumped into the box.

For all his faults yesterday, he did really well at winning those balls, combined with a cultured player like Vert, it could be a good partnership.

I cry for the days when King/Woodgate cleaned up anything in the air in our box.

Didn't see MOTD but give me Dawson any day.

Fazio made several poor clearances that could have been punished, misplaced passes and anytime he was dragged wide he looked like Bambi on ice. I agree he was better than he has been but I don't think it is possible to get worse.

Looks like a worse Ramon vega

Dawson also went through phases like that.

Its too early to judge Fazio.
You don't become **** overnight

Dawson was and still is a very good defender. We could quite easily compile a highlights reel that make him look like a complete donkey.

Fazio is the same. The guy is a competent defender who was part of a successful EL winning side. He represents his national side too. Players will make mistakes, it's how they respond thats important. Look at Rose and Naughton from last season. This year they have improved incredibly. Not saying they are perfect but they have really benefitted from what was a tough year.

Still seems like hes playing with no confidence , he did some really amateur stuff in the first half, missed passes missing out on easy headers etc
But still out of what we have i think him and Verts is the best combo and i hope we stick with it and they build up some confidence and understanding.

He's the Spanish MIchael Dawson - really bizarre that we essentially swapped like for like in terms of style and ability

I would take lovren any day of the week.

Whoever is saying he looks alright is kidding themselves. He has been embarrassingly bad thus far. He will be targeted by every manager we come up against

My only hope here with Fazio is when I consider how bad Mertesacker looked in his first months at Arsenal. There was a huge difference in his early performances and those he gave once he had got used to the Premiership and established a partnership with Koscielny.

He's the Spanish MIchael Dawson - really bizarre that we essentially swapped like for like in terms of style and ability

There are similarities, but Fazio to me looks superior defensively along the ground and quite clearly better on the ball.

My only hope here with Fazio is when I consider how bad Mertesacker looked in his first months at Arsenal. There was a huge difference in his early performances and those he gave once he had got used to the Premiership and established a partnership with Koscielny.

Agreed. Judging a central defender after 3 league starts in a far from settled team seems super strange to me.

Although I really don't think Fazio has been as bad as Mertesacker was early on at Arsenal. Speaking of the scum, Koscielny was ridiculed at times during his second season after an impressive first season.

Whoever is saying he looks alright is kidding themselves. He has been embarrassingly bad thus far. He will be targeted by every manager we come up against

Lovren has been somewhere between bad and horrendous judging by just about every Liverpool fan I know. He also cost about 3 times as much as Fazio and has had a lot longer to get used to the PL.

Lol you should ask Liverpool fans who they would rather have. Lovren has been horrendous for them.

Lovren is dreadful. Was ****e at Lyon. Was carried by Fonte last season and being shown up this year.

Yeah it is - Fazio has been far worse. Calamity waiting to happen. (And has several times)

As for being good on the ball - he looks clumsy as hell.

I think people are trying to kid themselves we have a player here.,..., maybe he does a mertesecker, but so far I have been gobsmacked that we have signed him

if you've ever tried, CB is one of the hardest positions on the pitch to start new. In a competitive match there is no instance where you are defending alone.

he takes a lot of chances, some don't pull off that well, but at least he doesn't hide, and it will only speed up his development.

i much prefer a CB that takes the initiative rather than one that plays safe (and will undoubtedly still ship in goals, but tries to make it look like its no one's fault).

Yeah it is - Fazio has been far worse. Calamity waiting to happen. (And has several times)

As for being good on the ball - he looks clumsy as hell.

I think people are trying to kid themselves we have a player here.,..., maybe he does a mertesecker, but so far I have been gobsmacked that we have signed him

Were you one of those blaming him for the goal against Stoke?

Back