• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FAO Andorid Disciples

People dissapear up their own arses about iTunes and iPhone in general. What most people forget is that it is designed to be intuative and easy to use for people that do not find technology intuative and easy to use.

"Just drag and drop" I hear you all clamour... But the fact is that there are still thousands and thousands of people that find technology intimidating and the idea of using one machine to update a different machine is a daunting task. Having everything wrapped up in a single client with minimal button pushes, whilst believing you are in a "safe" environment where you cannot go wrong is important.

Personally I want to be able to get into my wifi router and set my own rules, create static IPs etc. So for that, I'm going to go out and find the router that's right for me, it doesn't mean I'm going to sledge BT or any other ISP that sends out an idiot proof box to their customers so that they have the least amount of problems possible. I don't see why people hammer the iPhone so much. You want to spend days and days modding your phone so that it'll vibrate "Rule Brittania" when your dear old mum phones and play a live walkpaper of some Hentai Marge Simpson using a telephone as a dildo as you accept the call, happy days, get a fudging Android. But at the same time, get over yourself!

Anyway, all my phone music is on Spotify now and I use my Touchpad for movies. I can't remember using iTunes last.
Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg
:lol:

Last edited:
People dissapear up their own arses about iTunes and iPhone in general. What most people forget is that it is designed to be intuative and easy to use for people that do not find technology intuative and easy to use.

"Just drag and drop" I hear you all clamour... But the fact is that there are still thousands and thousands of people that find technology intimidating and the idea of using one machine to update a different machine is a daunting task. Having everything wrapped up in a single client with minimal button pushes, whilst believing you are in a "safe" environment where you cannot go wrong is important.

Personally I want to be able to get into my wifi router and set my own rules, create static IPs etc. So for that, I'm going to go out and find the router that's right for me, it doesn't mean I'm going to sledge BT or any other ISP that sends out an idiot proof box to their customers so that they have the least amount of problems possible. I don't see why people hammer the iPhone so much. You want to spend days and days modding your phone so that it'll vibrate "Rule Brittania" when your dear old mum phones and play a live walkpaper of some Hentai Marge Simpson using a telephone as a dildo as you accept the call, happy days, get a fudging Android. But at the same time, get over yourself!

Anyway, all my phone music is on Spotify now and I use my Touchpad for movies. I can't remember using iTunes last.

Hang on I had to connect my iphone to my PC to update it, do you mean I could have updated my iphone without doing so?

I don't see why people hammer the iPhone so much.

Only because the fan boys talk it up so much, and are entirely dismissive of Android's greater capabilities

I wouldn't mind if Apple users said "Yes, I can see that Android offers more functionality than my iPhone, but I'm a layman..."

Only because the fan boys talk it up so much, and are entirely dismissive of Android's greater capabilities

I wouldn't mind if Apple users said "Yes, I can see that Android offers more functionality than my iPhone, but I'm a layman..."

Quite simply the worst argument against Apple. Fanboys. It's not just a bunch of geeks who have iPhones. The elderly, my parents...even people with severe disabilities swear by them because of the things they can do.

I have no problem if you don't want an iPhone. But honestly...come up with something new other than that fanboy gonad*s.

Not all Apple users are laymen, my personal position is that I'm not a layman but I am a lazy bastard!

I used to love doing stuff like building my own PCs, wouldn't let software organise my music or videos for me, had to do it all manually, loved installing different operating systems just to mess around with them, all those kinds of things. Even if something worked well, I liked the interface, etc., I'd still wanna mess around and customise stuff just for fun.

I bought a Mac in 2009 (for the simple reason that I'd never had a Mac and wanted to see what they were like :) ) and gradually since then I've ended up just getting all my music, videos, etc., through iTunes. Sync it with and stream it to iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. If all the Apple stuff had been brick then it wouldn't have happened, but I really like the hardware design and the software interfaces, so now my mindset is more "I really like it, it works, I just can't be bothered to mess around and customise stuff any more."

Although, I am still tempted to buy a cheap Android tablet though just to have a play around and see what they're like.

Quite simply the worst argument against Apple. Fanboys. It's not just a bunch of geeks who have iPhones. The elderly, my parents...even people with severe disabilities swear by them because of the things they can do.

I have no problem if you don't want an iPhone. But honestly...come up with something new other than that fanboy gonad*s.

Really, if you listen to the hardcore fanboys of ANY system, it's just about enough to put you off that system for life!

Layman... Or, don't need or have the inclination to mine that extra functionality.

I've used iOS 3/4/5 Gingerbread and ICS and can honestly say that, on a phone there is fudge all difference in 95% of what you do apart from iOS3 (which was too limited but good enough jail broken)

I don’t buy that.

I like Apple (I'm a PC/Windows/Android user myself and my work is based in software development). Apple produce products that look good (expensive and fashionable) and products that are user pleasing with well functioning user GUI's and their ability to interact well with their users.

The bit I don't understand is the hype about NEEDING to buy the next product. Two colleagues of mine who own the original Ipad 1 - 3G's were so excited about owning the new Ipad2 because of the improved screen that I said to them is it really worth forking out another 400GPD for when you take into account the new features compared to that which already exist on the original?

I also said every 3 months TV's are improved with better resolutions and performance engines and you spend more time in front of a TV. Why is there not as much hype for these products upon release? Where are the queues of loyal buyers?

Apple has their marketing down to a tee in my opinion. They make good looking products that impress the less technical user.

What I hate about them however is their continuous attempts to corner the market (Microsoft were the same in their day). Google is the real freedom fighter making open source software accessible to the mass majority by funding such projects like Android. Take a look at the history of ITunes if you want to know what I mean. Over complexity to force users to use their software when competition use simple drag and drop methods.

I don’t buy that.

I like Apple (I'm a PC/Windows/Android user myself and my work is based in software development). Apple produce products that look good (expensive and fashionable) and products that are user pleasing with well functioning user GUI's and their ability to interact well with their users.

The bit I don't understand is the hype about NEEDING to buy the next product. Two colleagues of mine who own the original Ipad 1 - 3G's were so excited about owning the new Ipad2 because of the improved screen that I said to them is it really worth forking out another 400GPD for when you take into account the new features compared to that which already exist on the original?

I also said every 3 months TV's are improved with better resolutions and performance engines and you spend more time in front of a TV. Why is there not as much hype for these products upon release? Where are the queues of loyal buyers?

Apple has their marketing down to a tee in my opinion. They make good looking products that impress the less technical user.

What I hate about them however is their continuous attempts to corner the market (Microsoft were the same in their day). Google is the real freedom fighter making open source software accessible to the mass majority by funding such projects like Android. Take a look at the history of ITunes if you want to know what I mean. Over complexity to force users to use their software when competition use simple drag and drop methods.

Re: your friend and anyone who lines up (I have done so in the past), that's more of a reflection of that person rather than Apple. But people boycott their products because of it? I don't get it.

And iTunes...I'm not sure what is so complex about needing it to sync. As I said before, you barely need to touch iTunes anymore.

Another argument I hate is that Apple are forcing people to do this and that. No they're not. If you buy the product, you are buying a product with a well maintained infrastructure / ecosystem. No one HAS to buy an iPhone/iPad. They won't let your App in the App Store? Good. I like that. I don't want any old brick popping up in there, just as I don't want my mate Paul to be able to produce a couple of tshirts and then demand H&M stock them.

Re: your friend and anyone who lines up (I have done so in the past), that's more of a reflection of that person rather than Apple. But people boycott their products because of it? I don't get it.

And iTunes...I'm not sure what is so complex about needing it to sync. As I said before, you barely need to touch iTunes anymore.

Another argument I hate is that Apple are forcing people to do this and that. No they're not. If you buy the product, you are buying a product with a well maintained infrastructure / ecosystem. No one HAS to buy an iPhone/iPad. They won't let your App in the App Store? Good. I like that. I don't want any old brick popping up in there, just as I don't want my mate Paul to be able to produce a couple of tshirts and then demand H&M stock them.

You had to previously buy from ITunes in order to place music onto your Apple product and this was only changed after Apple lost a legal battle.

File types have also always been on the agenda. Many people get frustrated trying to put something like a simple video on their IPad where other manufacturers let you simply drag and drop. Over complexity at its finest and its there for one reason and that's to push for people to use their own file types, directing the market over time.

As for your app store quote; I disagree strongly with that outlook. The beauty of apps is that anyone from anywhere can code and create a tool/game/application and release it to a wide audience. If it is a pile of brick then it will get a poor review and no one will download it.

Some of the very best apps have come from nobodies.

Back