• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FAO Andorid Disciples

ArcspacE

Banned
FAO Android Disciples

R.E. Calendar Sync Help - MS Outlook / BlackBerry Phone - to Andorid Tablet

Friend of mine recently purchased some Korean tablet (Samsung, iirc) running Android. The following scenario unfolded subsequently.

- She is unable to sync here MS Outlook Calendar ('events') to the tablet's Calendar

- She is unable to sync her BlackBerry phone Calendar (where she enters daily appointments, meetings on the go and wants to enter them into the tablet every evening) to the tablet's Calendar.

Are there any known solutions to the above problems other than throwing the thing away and switching to iOS?

Much appreciated

Last edited:
Set up a gmail account sync outlook and bberry calendar with that then sync the android device with gmail. I did the same and it works seamlessly.

Problem is she already has an existing 'business' email - or is that irrelevant in this case?

Is there a way to sync the BlackBerry's calendar directly to the tablet?

Apologies - my Android knowledge is minimal at best

Ok - could you then explain how to sync the tablet's calendar to Outlook's calendar, please

Last edited:
I'd imagine it would be a Pop3 - can check later

Is is possible to sync the BlackBerry's calendar to the tablet's one directly?

So what should I found out?

Geezus, how tough is this? - I simply plug in my iPhone into my PC and all my Calendars (on MS Outlook on top of that, mind you) sync instantly in both directions. Why can't this thing do it?

Mind you - the email address synced to my iPhone is my Gmail one and not the Outlook one. Is there any way to achieve that on Android?

Last edited:
Yeah because you have some software installed on the PC orchestrating it all!

Try removing that and plugging in your apple. You would be in the same situation!

You are not comparing apples with apples...pardon the pun

So in other words - they are selling a grossly inferior product on the pretext of 'flexibility' and of course - design plagiarism

To summarise - what should I find out in order see if the tablet can sync with MS Outlook? Please help me, buddy

Back