• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fan representation on the Board

Pretty self-indulgent stuff that.. Geezus
I don't think what they say is outrageous if their concern is the direction of travel of the Trust.

And I think they're being genuine. When something is your baby for 10 years it leaves its mark. You've been invested, you know what's required and you know how much bloody hard work it requires.

I think their direction of travel in the late years of their tenure was misguided and driven on a populist ticket aligned to shouty fans, resulting in ideas above their station. (...and self indulgent, for sure:))

But underneath they always did a very good job with the day to day running of the Trust and the myriad of issues fans faced.

I don't think what they say is outrageous if their concern is the direction of travel of the Trust.

And I think they're being genuine. When something is your baby for 10 years it leaves its mark. You've been invested, you know what's required and you know how much bloody hard work it requires.

I think their direction of travel in the late years of their tenure was misguided and driven on a populist ticket aligned to shouty fans, resulting in ideas above their station. (...and self indulgent, for sure:))

But underneath they always did a very good job with the day to day running of the Trust and the myriad of issues fans faced.

I agree with alot of that but there is also IMO opinion an element of old trust sticking boot into new trust.

I helped set up two trusts, one which actually went on to own the club and the hardest thing is not getting club engagement its managing the infighting because in general you get a load of well intentioned, long standing fans in wrong roles who don't know what to do and in some cases, people you would not put in front of serious footballing people. Now that was non league and you get away with it, but equally you get more done at that level as trusts are vital IMO.

At Spurs level you have to accept that trusts are not going to achieve what anyone expects, PL clubs are too big and at best you will get lip service IMO. The old trust didn't achieve what they claim to, we were the last club from memory to pull out of the Super League and the trust claims to have been key in that, the fact the club communicated last actually shows lack of respect or fear of the fans in some respects. What that trust was good at was self publicity and communicating that, the failure of this board is poor comms, but all told, the output is the same IMO.

I have a tainted view of Kat for a few reasons, some I will not go into because they were abhorrent actions on her part, but there were plenty of times she shouted down and lauded over members who had their own key issues with the club that she felt was below her and was nasty in communication to them, so I can't take this as her caring as much as sticking the boot in

This trust didn't turn up to their own protest, the old trust would not protest when asked to join forces with an established protest group....both are failings IMO

Pretty self-indulgent stuff that.. Geezus
Claiming sole responsibility for nation wide game wide decisions is a massive stroke

Also was it not them who were responsible for a damning article that called Spurs fans out for not being respectful of the cost of living crisis for singing sign on.....all while the board chair had "bin dippers" on her twitter account? Dreadful bunch

That released statement is exactly why the old trust had major issues for a lot of fans

- Nothing they say, literally nothing, doesn't smack about "it's about us" not about the club, not about fans, always back to "I am the main character"

quote -> Over recent months, we’ve been buttonholed with increasing regularity at home and away games by fans asking what’s happened to the Trust.

Ahhh ... no, maybe people who knew your personal involvement asked you something, but no fudging body was asking about the Trust, not here, no at games, not on social media ... fudging self importance .. and the whole release is littered with brick statements like this.

The Trust in of itself has no inherent value, their confrontational, antagonistic approach led to the creation of the FAB which has diminished the role and influence of the Trust (likely by design, again as a result of their behavior)

That released statement is exactly why the old trust had major issues for a lot of fans

- Nothing they say, literally nothing, doesn't smack about "it's about us" not about the club, not about fans, always back to "I am the main character"

quote -> Over recent months, we’ve been buttonholed with increasing regularity at home and away games by fans asking what’s happened to the Trust.

Ahhh ... no, maybe people who knew your personal involvement asked you something, but no fudging body was asking about the Trust, not here, no at games, not on social media ... fudging self importance .. and the whole release is littered with brick statements like this.

The Trust in of itself has no inherent value, their confrontational, antagonistic approach led to the creation of the FAB which has diminished the role and influence of the Trust (likely by design, again as a result of their behavior)

Bravo

Its us us us , me me me, ain't we a massive loss

I would argue as you have that the FAB creation diminished what the trust can achieve anymore. Duplication

Claiming sole responsibility for nation wide game wide decisions is a massive stroke

Also was it not them who were responsible for a damning article that called Spurs fans out for not being respectful of the cost of living crisis for singing sign on.....all while the board chair had "bin dippers" on her twitter account? Dreadful bunch
Think she had Pikeys on her account
Which is the ONLY reason she quit

Back