• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fan representation on the Board

If we had some fans of Levy's quality willing to give up their time, maybe. The significant majority of football fans are fudging idiots though - they clap and shout like retarded seals every time we win a corner, FFS.

I shop at Waitrose more than I go to Spurs matches, I don't own any shares. People would (rightly) laugh their arses off if I stood in the middle of a store and called an EGM.
No more than they usually laugh at you mate ;)

I'm sure the club was offering a ride along. The Trust (unsurprisingly) has decided that means the club wants them to actually have a say.

The club have got themselves into a hole and need help getting out of it right now. The Trust's proposal is credible and they have tried to address the obvious pitfalls

There is also another interesting piece (GHod knows why Raziel picked up on things other than these as the key parts?)….

Equity
We are proposing an equity access scheme to generate funds and to give fans a greater financial stake in the Club. The formal constitution of the Club’s new governance structure would include a specific commitment to establish such a scheme, and to enshrine the right to share ownership for all supporters. We recognise you expressed doubts about such a scheme when we first discussed it, so one of the first tasks of the new structure could be to examine the viability of such a scheme.

Finally, as a gesture of good faith, we are asking the owners of THFC to make an explicit commitment to cover any costs arising from the creation of and withdrawal from the European Super League from their own funds, and to show clearly that Tottenham Hotspur Limited or any of its subsidiary companies have not been subject to any cost as a result of the creation of and withdrawal from the ESL

The first point here would be difficult to arrange (valuation, etc) and would take some goodwill from the owners as it would dilute their holding but would inject much needed liquidity into the club when it seems the owners cannot/will not do so themselves. One of the consequential good things about this is that it would quickly establish what our owners value the club at.

The second point is one that I made on the THST survey. I think it is important that we see evidence of this.

Last edited:
There is also another interesting piece (GHod knows why Raziel picked up on things other than these as the key parts?)….

Equity
We are proposing an equity access scheme to generate funds and to give fans a greater financial stake in the Club. The formal constitution of the Club’s new governance structure would include a specific commitment to establish such a scheme, and to enshrine the right to share ownership for all supporters. We recognise you expressed doubts about such a scheme when we first discussed it, so one of the first tasks of the new structure could be to examine the viability of such a scheme.

Finally, as a gesture of good faith, we are asking the owners of THFC to make an explicit commitment to cover any costs arising from the creation of and withdrawal from the European Super League from their own funds, and to show clearly that Tottenham Hotspur Limited or any of its subsidiary companies have not been subject to any cost as a result of the creation of and withdrawal from the ESL

The first point here would be difficult to arrange (valuation, etc) and would take some goodwill from the owners as it would dilute their holding but would inject much needed liquidity into the club when it seems the owners cannot/will not do so themselves. One of the consequential good things about this is that it would quickly establish what our owners value the club at.

The second point is one that I made on the THST survey. I think it is important that we see evidence of this.

They've been calling for this for a while. I think that this should've been separate from fan representation on the board. ENIC are not going to accept a proposal that waters down their stake and limits their ability to sell the club in the future.

I can think of half a dozen Spurs fans, off the top of my head, with relevant experience, who would be excellent.

Ian Duncan-Smith? Trevor McDonald? Adele? Struggling a bit now. A J Ayer is dead, unfortunately, although a logical positivist is probably just what the board need. Can you really get to half a dozen suitably qualified and experienced?

I can think of half a dozen Spurs fans that I know who have experience on the boards of large organisations.

Would they have the time and inclination to do it?

And if they did, would the trust think that they are "right kind of fan representation " or would they want a more shouty "Levy out" representation.

The club have got themselves into a hole and need help getting out of it right now. The Trust's proposal is credible and they have tried to address the obvious pitfalls
Calling an EGM at will? Dividend policy?

Those are thing I wouldn't want some actual directors to have a say in, let alone the work experience kids from the special school.

Would they have the time and inclination to do it?

And if they did, would the trust think that they are "right kind of fan representation " or would they want a more shouty "Levy out" representation.

I don't know.

I think that the proposal is that the fan board member would be vote for by the fan Supervisory Board. My understanding is that Trust Members are barred from being on Spurs Board by the Trust's articles of association, so it would have to be one of the other members. The Trust aren't going to have a majority on the supervisory board, so whilst they will have a voice, it is not their choice.

Calling an EGM at will? Dividend policy?

With one seat on the board, there isn't much that they can do beyond raise concerns. The club can stage manage board meetings to ensure that anything they want gets past the board.

An EGM won't hold many concerns for them with such narrow ownership. It is an opening proposal, that they were asked to produce. It's a reasonable proposition to work from but obviously needs some refining.

With one seat on the board, there isn't much that they can do beyond raise concerns. The club can stage manage board meetings to ensure that anything they want gets past the board.

An EGM won't hold many concerns for them with such narrow ownership. It is an opening proposal, that they were asked to produce. It's a reasonable proposition to work from but obviously needs some refining.
That's precisely what we did when the bank put unwanted representation on a board I was a part of.

We had the board meeting in the morning, he turned up in the afternoon and spent all his time getting irritated that we already had answers to all the points of issue.

We accepted that because it was a condition of the funding we needed. It would be nothing more than a waste of valuable time for Spurs.

That's precisely what we did when the bank put unwanted representation on a board I was a part of.

We had the board meeting in the morning, he turned up in the afternoon and spent all his time getting irritated that we already had answers to all the points of issue.

We accepted that because it was a condition of the funding we needed. It would be nothing more than a waste of valuable time for Spurs.
Would’ve thought he would’ve been delighted with that tbh.

I’ve been put on the board of a few companies that the company I was part of had financed. If I got a quick and sensible answer to all raised points then it would’ve saved me eons of time and aggravation.

Would’ve thought he would’ve been delighted with that tbh.

I’ve been put on the board of a few companies that the company I was part of had financed. If I got a quick and sensible answer to all raised points then it would’ve saved me eons of time and aggravation.
They were rarely the answers he wanted.

Their shareholding was small enough that we could ignore him.

Really how comes across how much people love ENIC on this forum, look at the anger towards the trust :D. Yeah we can’t have anyone question the brilliant job they have done in the last 3 seasons.

Really how comes across how much people love ENIC on this forum, look at the anger towards the trust :D. Yeah we can’t have anyone question the brilliant job they have done in the last 3 seasons.

whataboutism

- the comments being made here have nothing to do with the job ENIC is/isn't doing, but keep making snide comments at other posters ..

- the question is, what VALUE does fan representation (without qualification) bring to the table, how is it helping the club in anyway? or is it simply "fan representation" and hence nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbation, i.e. "I want to be heard" by entitled fudging people who think because they buy coffee, they should be on the board of Starbucks?

whataboutism

- the comments being made here have nothing to do with the job ENIC is/isn't doing, but keep making snide comments at other posters ..

- the question is, what VALUE does fan representation (without qualification) bring to the table, how is it helping the club in anyway? or is it simply "fan representation" and hence nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbation, i.e. "I want to be heard" by entitled fudging people who think because they buy coffee, they should be on the board of Starbucks?

It's a good question.

I see the trusts demands... but what benefit are they actually offering in exchange?

Had the Bank converted their debt to equity? That’s something I never do (unless I get a majority holding).
The investment was before my time, but from my understanding the equity was taken at the outset but the company's lawyers insisted that the shareholding was low. For some reason the bank accepted that - I've never understood why they would.

The investment was before my time, but from my understanding the equity was taken at the outset but the company's lawyers insisted that the shareholding was low. For some reason the bank accepted that - I've never understood why they would.
Strange…. I’ve usually only gone into companies when it has been distressed lending. Have seen some appalling director behaviour over the years as part of that.

whataboutism

I think the first 7 of these are all sensible:

Under this arrangement, our proposal is for the agreement of the SB to be required for any decisions on a number of nominated issues. We are suggesting that the following issues should come under this initial list
  • Name of the Club
  • Location of the Club stadium
  • Club colours and crest
  • Competitions the Club plays in
  • Location of competitive home games
  • Sale of physical tangible assets such as stadium or training ground
  • Changes to the Club’s articles of association or legal structure
  • Dividend policy
  • Strategic plan

Back