• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Famous people you've met thread

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
Hello folks! Haven't had the internet for a bit, hope you all enjoyed the final day of the season and I will delve in to the S N&V's when I get a bit more time. I'm sure there's been a few of these threads on the various boards but thought we could do with another to get some fresh stories and meetings out there.

Having a drink today with some acquaintances in a coffee shop in Liverpool near the back of the store, on a large table with two long benchs as opposed to individual seats and Steven Gerrard pops up and asks if we mind him and a few mates also sitting on the same table. Naturally I called him a scouse taco and told him to fudge off Of course we said it wouldn't be a problem. The people I was with aren't really in to football so didn't know who he was but I was quite excited to be fair. I didn't talk to him as I think I'd only bother making myself look a taco if it was a Spurs player. As per, was unintentionally eavesdropping a bit and him and his mates were definitely talking about Heskey for a bit, couldn't make out exactly what they were saying as I don't speak scouse. Some people hate him but I don't mind him, and at the most basic level it's cool to be in the presence of such a talented footballer.

Another wierd one was Bobby Charlton walking out of my student accomodation, they use our car park as an overflow for big events at the cathedral so it made sense but I wasn't expecting to see Bobby Charlton wandering out of my grimy student residence...

They don't necessarily have to be footballer stories just give what you have got.

Depends on how loosely you mean 'met.' I have 'met' many Spurs players over the last ten years as I used to go to Spurs Lodge regularly to get autographs. However, a quick hand shake or a brief hello is not really meeting people.

Ok first post was a Little Britain gag.

I have met:
Jason Plato - Top Bloke
Ian Poulter - Gooner and a Bell-end
Gary Newman - Weird bloke but pleasant
Suzi Quattro - Nice enough
Don Warrington - Well followed him through Harrods shouting "Oh Miss Jones" (I was 14 at the time)
Cliff Jones - Yiddo!
Kevin McKidd - Shorter than you think
Greg Wallace - Sat next to him on the shelf
Neil Pearson - Sat next to him in East Upper
Glenn Hoddle - Opened a sports shop near my house when I was about 10
Debbie Harry - Rude

Ray Clemence - he opened a nursery I had helped paint. Had lunch - nice guy.
Stephne Clemence - sold him some shoes. Nice guy, too much aftershave
Kanu - sold him some shoes. Brought the cheapest pair in the shop. Lovely guy though.

My best mate was handcuffed to the West Ham gates with Russell Brand a few years back. Oh, and Russell wrote about in his Guardian column

van morrison is a complete and utter ****

Dennis waterman in a pub opposite the theatre in drury lane, nice guy who was all smiles, half cut he got up about 20 minutes before the show and walked into the theatre, i thought he was watching it and had gone to meet someone, but he was actually in it. His performance showed to be fair, but as he is a nice guy i do not think it matters.

Peter Mandelson in the metropole hotel brighton at a labour party conference in 2000 actually spoke with him, despite being a true blue i did not say anything rude to any of the labour people. Was in a party inside the conference for a black london radio station. Loadds of us white people trying to look cool around some young black guys, it was a pathetic evening that no one came out of with any credit.

Ok first post was a Little Britain gag.

I have met:
Jason Plato - Top Bloke
Ian Poulter - Gooner and a Bell-end
Gary Newman - Weird bloke but pleasant
Suzi Quattro - Nice enough
Don Warrington - Well followed him through Harrods shouting "Oh Miss Jones" (I was 14 at the time)
Cliff Jones - Yiddo!
Kevin McKidd - Shorter than you think
Greg Wallace - Sat next to him on the shelf
Neil Pearson - Sat next to him in East Upper
Glenn Hoddle - Opened a sports shop near my house when I was about 10
Debbie Harry - Rude

She could tinkle on my face and i would not care, actually i would open wide and let myself drown in her golden juices.

Red Rum, Cut the ribbon (Not literally) at the Grand opening of a bookies near to me when I lived in Red Hill

I fed him a Polo does this count.

Chich, didn't you have a fight with Van Morrison? Vaguely remember a story from a similar thread on the old board.

Harry Redknapp
David Pleat
Glenn Hoddle
Andy Gomersall
Martin Bayfield
Clive Mantle
Derek Randall
Al Murray
Thom Yorke
Supergrass Danny
Kula Shaker drummer
Matt Lucas

I dropped off some new iPads to SWP at his house, the drove to Ryan Gigg's to do the same and then on to Fabien Delph's dodgy flat in the middle of Brum. Following day I drove up to to Glen Johnson's house in Formby drop off a suit and some Krispy Kremes believe it or not. All the way from London. Got there at 10.30pm and even though it's a beautiful area he lives in he has a security guard employed by the club to sit in his car in the grounds all night!

Hmmmm.....let me see......

Gerrard Way & the rest of My Chemical Romance
Warren Mitchell (Alf Garnett)
Brandon Routh (Superman)
Numerous Premier League footballers over the years (inc' Klinsmann, Shearer, Collymore, Darren Caskey [lol] etc)
Phillip Schofield
Abbey Branning (from Eastenders) - not sure of her real name!
Paul Young
Michael Palin
Katie Melua

Think I have evidence to support all of the above! he he

Don Warrington - Well followed him trough Harrods shouting "Oh Miss Jones" (I was 14 at the time)

Someone was on the radio a while back telling that same story. He and a group of schoolfriends following Don Warrington through Harrods whilst "doing the Rigsby".
Warrrington got so sick of it eventually that to the horror of security, shoppers and staff alike he span round to the group of kids and and in a voice that shook the store boomed "WILL YOU JUST F*CK OFF!!"

Non Spurs players aside:

Kieron Dyer- Nice enough
Roger Federer-Happy to have his picture taken with me and my sister and a real gentleman
Fernando Verdasco-Met hime outside the Bernabeu before the Spurs game, nice guy
Peter Kay-Met him at Wimbledon and signed his autograph for me and was a decent bloke

Last edited:
I dropped off some new iPads to SWP at his house, the drove to Ryan Gigg's to do the same and then on to Fabien Delph's dodgy flat in the middle of Brum. Following day I drove up to to Glen Johnson's house in Formby drop off a suit and some Krispy Kremes believe it or not. All the way from London. Got there at 10.30pm and even though it's a beautiful area he lives in he has a security guard employed by the club to sit in his car in the grounds all night!

Probably to stop B&Q repossessing the toilet fittings. ;)

Jo Guest - I was her personal banker and met her on average once per month, i have a feeling i looked forward to those meeting more than she did.
Rod Stewart - tosser
Mike Gatting - top bloke
nicholas parsons - tosser
boy george - top bloke
fish (marillion) - top bloke
storm thorgeson (designed the pink floyd albums) meh

Back