• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Famous people you've met thread

I served Denis Wise when I worked at the Apple Store in Sydney. I had to ask if it was him and when confirmed I told him he was a clown shoe. To be fair, he just laughed and left.

I also served Ronan Keating there - he was a really nice guy.

Last year at Blackpool away I went with my mate, who brought his mate as well. A few weeks before this game we were apparently trying to sign Charlie Adam (though thank GHod we didn't), and my mate's mate went up to Adam and started hitting him on the arm demanding why he didn't sign for Spurs

The only one worth mentioning:

David Beckham (twice) - Both at Marks and Sparks in Cheshunt. Photo and autograph both times, the first time he was clothes shopping with his kids, trolley full of clothes, i'd be tinkled off if he was my dad and was buying me clothes from M&S. Second time he was in there on his own food shopping. He was so brown and hs face was so shiny, he looked like he was made of plastic.

The only one worth mentioning:

David Beckham (twice) - Both at Marks and Sparks in Cheshunt. Photo and autograph both times, the first time he was clothes shopping with his kids, trolley full of clothes, i'd be tinkled off if he was my dad and ​random people kept pestering him for photo's and aurographs whilst he was taking us to the shops

Not many, my friend is kevin campbells nephew, and for hid 7th birthday he got ian wright to have a kick about with us, seemed nice enough...

And im friends with a few palace players through victor moses

Someone was on the radio a while back telling that same story. He and a group of schoolfriends following Don Warrington through Harrods whilst "doing the Rigsby".
Warrrington got so sick of it eventually that to the horror of security, shoppers and staff alike he span round to the group of kids and and in a voice that shook the store boomed "WILL YOU JUST F*CK OFF!!"
LoL That was us!

Steve Ryder
Gary linekar
Simon Webb
Over 50 of our players too many to name
Over 50 snooker players see above
Dale Winton

Yup.

The Shooting Stars on tour team came into a pub I was managing for lunch ...... c*nt sums him up just about right.

I went to primary school with Matt Lucas and he was a nice kid then, and I have seen him several times since...still a nice bloke

I met normski, guru, jay kay, goldie and many more in my music industry days

Met ray clemence as a kid, was very special for me

Also Gary mabbutt and loads more current players recently

Met Phil Taylor, he was proper drunk.

Chad smith - drummer from chili peppers

Probably others who I can't think of right now...fact is that when you get to a certain age you realise that these are just human beings and nothing special. Means a lot more when you're a kid/youngster

Des O' Connor, sold him a Sofa bed.

Mike Sarne, 60's pop star, used to sit next to him at Notting Hill Synagogue.

I went to primary school with Matt Lucas and he was a nice kid then, and I have seen him several times since...still a nice bloke

.fact is that when you get to a certain age you realise that these are just human beings and nothing special. Means a lot more when you're a kid/youngster

Problem with Lucas was he didn't seem to realise that. I'm sure he is fine when he knows you, he just treated the 'ordinary' people (waiting staff etc) like dirt and had all these airs and graces.

In Uk:

Chris Hughton (sister used to babysit for his family)
Skin fron Skunk Anansie (lovely lady, p^ssed up and hitting on me, and I'm no bloody oil painting!!)
Many Spurs players like most of you
Jeremy Beadle (w^nker, was the host in local charity quiz, no sense of humour)
Spike Milligan (lived near us as a kid, mad as a hatter but harmless and funny)

In Oz:
Went on a weekend trip with Graham Murray (Rugby League Origin coach), nice bloke
Ex Australian Cricketer Damian Martyn works with me
John Sattler (League legend) is barman at my local club and one of the nicest blokes you could meet

I saw Phil The Power Taylor in my local Waitrose the other day

He was walking up and down up and down up and down, I said Phil what you doing, he said im trying to work out what checkout to go for

Steffen Iversen at the Camden Odeon after a showing of Blade II (he had just scored the winner against Leeds earlier in the day)
Bobby Zamora in Knightsbridge
Stan Collymore buying football boots (!) on Carnaby Street - he scored a hat-trick the very next week on his debut for Leicester IIRC
Ginger Pele at the Spurs Shop
Ian Walker and his missus
Jamie O'Hara in Hong Kong
Kevin Campbell at a strip club in Holborn
Tim Wheeler, Ash
The Rock
The Big Show
Saw Pat Rafter on the street once

Fogot to add, I also saw Steve Coppel in a titty bar in Pattaya. He was wearing his QPR shirt with SC on it.. I told my mate to ask him if he was Steve Coppel and he said no #-o

Ok first post was a Little Britain gag.

I have met:
Jason Plato - Top Bloke
Ian Poulter - Gooner and a Bell-end
Gary Newman - Weird bloke but pleasant
Suzi Quattro - Nice enough
Don Warrington - Well followed him through Harrods shouting "Oh Miss Jones" (I was 14 at the time)
Cliff Jones - Yiddo!
Kevin McKidd - Shorter than you think
Greg Wallace - Sat next to him on the shelf
Neil Pearson - Sat next to him in East Upper
Glenn Hoddle - Opened a sports shop near my house when I was about 10
Debbie Harry - Rude

Suzi Quattro was/is cool.
I hung around with her daughter when I was at nursery and went round her mansion in essex most afternoons and in fact was the first place I touched alchohol and got smashed when I was 12...

Also went to primary and secondary school with her.

Dennis Wise - on the airplane to Ibiza 2 years ago (think I posted some pictures on here actually (photo)
Suzi Quattro - as above
Brandon Block - couple of times and had 2 photos taken with him, I think he thinks I stalked him. (photo)
Simon Webb - Blue - at V Festival (photo)-
Joe - (Simon) from in Betweeners on the train - (photo)
Ruel fox - at a 5 a side years ago when he played for us
David Bentley - at a bar in the City when he played for the goons
Gary Lucy - at the Bill Nich -
Gavin and Stacey essex dude - at WHL
Garth Crooks lookalike - was smashed and thought it was him, (photo)

Alan Hansen who was with Craig Foster (pub in Sydney)
Mitchell Thomas (my Uncle operated on his leg)
Gary Mabbutt (Spurs stadium tour)
Ronan Keating (Airport queue)
Posh Spice (terrible skin - Courchevel ski resort circa 2004)

Back