• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Famous people you've met thread

Violet Berlin (remember her?) on a TV show called Head 2 Head where you basically play against someone else on a random computer game. I played Eternal Champions on the Mega Drive and got my arse handed to me by a Chinese kid. She seemed nice enough and I had bit of a school boy crush on her back then - could barely look at her as I shamefully walked out of the studio to join the other losers in the back. I was secretly hoping to go on a mad winning streak and get some hot Berlin action that night.

Sat next to Ricky Gervais at the Fortune Theatre Covent Garden a few years back. Didn't speak to him but he came across as a decent enough chap.

And saw Jodie Marsh walking down Oxford Street about 7 or 8 years ago. She is not very attractive up close, very weird looking nose.

Mate,

That is an incredible experience to have had. My son is 20, my daughter is 7, so my primary role is to be as good a parent as I can for them, but once my daughter's out and in the world, my wife and I have discussed doing something like you have done.

And yes, you are on the money.
I have, since I was a teenager, tried to choose time over money every time. the older I get, the better that choice is. I've always worked to my own schedule so as I can take 30, 40 mins to sit and, I dunno, pet the cat or walk the dog, simple stuff. i get my work done (a lot of night-writing to be fair) but time is the biggest luxury we have. I agree absolutely that money has become the top of society's pyramid, and that it is THIS which is bringing us down spiritually...I think you'll find the likes of Gordy would heartily agree.

I would be appreciative of any more stories like these you wish to share. Because yes mate, they ARE very inspirational and affirming.

I think it's always a continual motion towards the ultimate goal of being 'in the moment' as I believe it's very hard to achieve this 100% in urban society, but I think I'm getting closer every day, it feels like it anyway...

Again, thanks for sharing...YOU are inspiring to me mate...

Thanks dude.

With the quiet sitting/time it sounds like you are right on track, another of my friends has spent over 20years doing quiet sitting and has developed some really profound traits.

I hope you can pass on your thoughtful attributes to your kids, when I think back my mother was a really important figure for me, she was always a caring type who sponsored childrens schooling in africa, she always made us read the letters she got from the children (the long term one was called Gideous I still recall reading his letters now) and it definately helped shape my moral compass.

Hopefully there will be other threads where some other reflections can come out, I always like your postings in Random Steff so I'm sure they will.

Thanks dude.

With the quiet sitting/time it sounds like you are right on track, another of my friends has spent over 20years doing quiet sitting and has developed some really profound traits.

I hope you can pass on your thoughtful attributes to your kids, when I think back my mother was a really important figure for me, she was always a caring type who sponsored childrens schooling in africa, she always made us read the letters she got from the children (the long term one was called Gideous I still recall reading his letters now) and it definately helped shape my moral compass.

Hopefully there will be other threads where some other reflections can come out, I always like your postings in Random Steff so I'm sure they will.

Oh absolutely right re: kids...with my daughter, I have really helped her take control of her anxious nature with a simple toolbox of easy-to-grasp realities. Mostly, it's about not reacting to situations which haven't happened yet and might never happen. I realized, about three or four years ago, that life literally force-feeds you those situations and then tries to "sell" you the salve in some form or another.

Of course I still fail often to remember that (Spurs is actually a prime example) but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was...my son is a great guy but I wish his awareness was a little higher. He's learning...but yes, we have to try and do the best in this sense towards our children, very very vital...

Great exchanging mate...

Geoff Capes
Emlyn Hughes
Stuart Hall
Bloke who plays Phil Mitchell in eastenders
Clarissa dingdongson Wright
Big Daddy
Chris waddle

Played knock down ginger on Ronnie Corbetts house when I was a kid. He was miserable. His daughter was fit.

That must have been around Addington village/Shirley Hills???

An old stamping ground of mine. I heard his daughter was ok too.

I used to work with the daughter of Welsh actor/comedian Windsor davies (From It ain't half hot mum). She was fit.

Breaking news: Mick Cooper in 'rub people up the wrong way' shocker!:ross:

Anyway, back on topic.
Sophia Anderton - very pleasent. Bit of a looker too.
James Brown - spoke like he sung (incomprehensible)
Clare Rewcastle - Journalist. Not too bright considering.
Anthony Barness - ex-charlton, cheslsea, Bolton (went to same school) Loved himself a bit.
Patrick Vieira - Tall bloke, ex Arsenal. Offered his hand to shake so I did, only realising it was him when I looked up!
Mark Flats - ex Arsenal fringe player, crashed at his mums house in Wood Green once.
Danny McCall - Not to be confused with Davinia. Small bit actor in Brookside/Bill/Casualty. Not exactly famous but he was extemely funny!

Lucky to have met a heap of famous sporting people.
Rafael Nadal
Roger Federer
Dean Jones was the first person I ever interviewed and my childhood hero - sweeeet!
Michael Clarke
Alessando Birindelli
Johnny Murtagh
Ricky Ponting
Johan Botha
Amelie Mauresmo
Venus Williams
Harry Kewell
Bradley Wiggins
Lucas Neill
Tim Cahill
Salman Butt