• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

I feel very sad for Muamba but the media are so pathetic; There are millions of people dying all over the world in tragedy's like the American army going into countries and trying to invade or starvation in various African countries with millions of people and thousands of children dying yet there is no mention of that but 1 footballer who has suffered a terrible illness and is in critical condition is all over the media.

Where is the raising awareness for the starving children in Africa or the people being innocently killed in Iraq,Israel,Palestine,Afghanistan?

But my final message is to Muamba: Hope you get well :)

Nice to see Pirlo dedicating the Juventus win to Muamba, Very classy :)

It's probably for a thread over in random but I saw a TV advert for Save The Children today, it tugs at your heart strings and all, that but all it does is tells me that every penny raised by Oxfam and Live Aid has had no effect to speak of and donating anything is in vain, that's probably not the reality of the situation but that's the way the advert came across.

I feel very sad for Muamba but the media are so pathetic; There are millions of people dying all over the world in tragedy's like the American army going into countries and trying to invade or starvation in various African countries with millions of people and thousands of children dying yet there is no mention of that but 1 footballer who has suffered a terrible illness and is in critical condition is all over the media.

Football is always all over the media because that's what people are interested in. There's a reason why we're all posting on a football forum rather than a charity or current affairs website. This is the biggest story in football, so it is not surprising that the media is making a big deal about it.

without getting all emotional or whimsical about things . id happily forgo any chams leage or fa cup glory for this man to pull through .. im 10 years older than the guy and allthough his star has burned far brighter than mine it does not mean that it should fizzle out so soon ..

And to all you reading this .. add life to your days rather than days to your life .. there is one lap enjoy every second !

touched deeply by the scenes

To be honest bale the starvation thing gets plenty of advertising time. Doesn't seem to be helping much though unfortunately. As for the American army "invading". Wow...

It's probably for a thread over in random but I saw a TV advert for Save The Children today, it tugs at your heart strings and all, that but all it does is tells me that every penny raised by Oxfam and Live Aid has had no effect to speak of and donating anything is in vain, that's probably not the reality of the situation but that's the way the advert came across.

We donate to that charity (admiteddly as a result we get a letter every other day requesting an increase but that's another story).

The shock here was actually witnessing second by second some young athlete potentially dying in front of our very eyes - that is what's hard to take. Didn't like some of the papers using the picture of FM during his heart attack, that's shocking to see and not necessary.

That was 1 long brick. He must have replied to about 15 people telling them to go fudge themselves etc. Anyway,karma will take care of that prick

oh really? i only saw a snapshot of what was on the main twitter page - guess benefit of the doubt is not relevant then, but hopefully a matter for the police to deal with and no witchhunt

Right now so so sad to have witnessed this tonight.

Wierdly its also one of the proudest nights I have felt being a fan of our club in over 20 years of going to the Lane.

Get well Fabrice Muamba, I hope the big man isn't ready to take you.

I'm not in the slightest bit religious but tonight I'll be saying a little pray.

Thoughts go out to Muamba and his family.

Also feel sorry for all of the supporters from both clubs who attended the game and had to witness that today, and also feel for the players.

without getting all emotional or whimsical about things . id happily forgo any chams leage or fa cup glory for this man to pull through .. im 10 years older than the guy and allthough his star has burned far brighter than mine it does not mean that it should fizzle out so soon ..

And to all you reading this .. add life to your days rather than days to your life .. there is one lap enjoy every second !

Yeah, like I've said, I understand that it's sad for those close to him, it wasn't good to watch, and it was a tragedy. I am as you say a very bitter person, and although I'm not young, I feel alot older than I really am due to alot of situations similar to this that has actually affected me.

Apologies to you mate, I hadn't seen your earlier responses beforehand...sorry for the suffering you've been through in your life too...whilst I cannot directly empathize as I don't know your situations, I (like many I'd imagine) have been through some stuff with family members and friends.

Whatever it has been, chin up mate, hope things are OK and again, apologies for jumping in before reading the entire thread...

=D>

Me too, your not alone.

Apologies to you mate, I hadn't seen your earlier responses beforehand...sorry for the suffering you've been through in your life too...whilst I cannot directly empathize as I don't know your situations, I (like many I'd imagine) have been through some stuff with family members and friends.

Whatever it has been, chin up mate, hope things are OK and again, apologies for jumping in before reading the entire thread...

No problem mate. I know I have come across as a **** in this thread. I guess I'm just a calloused person, but that doesn't mean I can't empethise with the persons who are directly affected.

I'd say his original views were sincere & he brick himself once he saw what people thought of him.

A cowardly racist qunt,basically.

What was on his twitter account was pathetic, vile and thick beyond belief...but there is a chance to EDUCATE a macaron here. ANYONE throwing those words around at ANY time, let alone with regards to Fabrice Muamba, obviously has severe ignorance issues and genuinely needs educating and help EMPATHIZING.

There is a generation of youth who lack empathy. It is a crucial social problem in our society.

One of only positives today has been to see the collective response of everyone at the Lane and most people who love football, as it proves that empathy and humanity has not been decimated yet...

I sincerely hope that perhaps this Liam bloke ends up being someone who learns something which changes his (and therefore others) lives in a positive way...kicking the brick out of him won't achieve that...

Why would someone hack some little tacos account to slag off Muamba? He probably thought it was "funny" at the time and subsequently dropped a log & started apologising.

Do you really think someone hacked his account,slagged off Muamba & started being a racist taco only for him to regain control of said account & start aplologising shortly after Collymore tells him his tweets have been sent to the old bill?
i dont know but its very plausible. my friends facebook account got hacked and he started posting profanity all over mine and other of his friends pages. apparently it happened through his Iphone

so yes i believe it to be possible. all you need to do is hack ANYONE's account and just post whatever you want to post

Of course, to play devils advocate it is possible. Accounts do get hacked, and hijacked. But there is a very strong prima facie case against him that he will have to defend. Reading his previous tweets, and his statement to one individual that it was a bit of a joke seems to suggest it was him. He changed his tune the moment Collymore told him he had been reported to the police. I cannot validate some of comments on twitter but some who have access to his facebook seem to paint a picture that he is prone to posting unpleasant things. But I don't have facebook so that is mere speculation that I cannot validate. I guess the police will find out the truth. In any case, it shows the pitfalls of the internet - from both sides.

you've got a point

What was on his twitter account was pathetic, vile and thick beyond belief...but there is a chance to EDUCATE a macaron here. ANYONE throwing those words around at ANY time, let alone with regards to Fabrice Muamba, obviously has severe ignorance issues and genuinely needs educating and help EMPATHIZING.

There is a generation of youth who lack empathy. It is a crucial social problem in our society.

One of only positives today has been to see the collective response of everyone at the Lane and most people who love football, as it proves that empathy and humanity has not been decimated yet...

I sincerely hope that perhaps this Liam bloke ends up being someone who learns something which changes his (and therefore others) lives in a positive way...kicking the brick out of him won't achieve that...

LOL LOL. i'm laughing cause you and i both know that this isnt how the world works.

nice sentiment but low chance of the above happening

Just read that Muamba got engaged just over a month ago, and has a little son. fudging hell. Stay in there, Fabrice, you can do it!

i dont know but its very plausible. my friends facebook account got hacked and he started posting profanity all over mine and other of his friends pages. apparently it happened through his Iphone

so yes i believe it to be possible. all you need to do is hack ANYONE's account and just post whatever you want to post

See what you're saying,mate,but I very much doubt it. Claiming "It wasn't me" is an easy way out for something you regret half an hour later.

He obviously thought he was being funny and didn't expect the reaction it got.

Back