• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

As for whom we should get, I remain convinced a 3-5-2 is the way forward, and for that we are a CM short. I'd take a look at the market for an offensive- minded CM in January - high-ambition target could be someone like Milinkovic-Savic (still at Lazio), lower-ambition target could be a loan-to-buy deal for Weston McKennie from Juve - Juve themselves are struggling and might want to let him go for cash, and he's a mobile, physical, hard-working box-to-box midfielder who I think is being misused at Juve like Benta was.

As for the trouble with letting the likes of Tanganga and Spence go out on loan, it's that we are already at our minimum for HG players in the squad, and that's with both of them + Davies registered as HG players.

Meaning we'll need to replace them with HG players if they leave - difficult in January. Jason Denayer could be an option if we wanted to pick up a relatively cheap player - 27, experienced, good on the ball, was free this summer but ended up signing for a club in Dubai on a short-term deal. Can't imagine he'd cost much, and would be no worse than Tanganga as an RCB backup. HG because of his time at Emirates Marketing Project and Sunderland.

Maddison might be available. Leicester may need to raise funds to strengthen. Not sure if we're interested though.

Replace Sanchez
Replace moura
Both are functional players but not good enough for where we want to go. May be a challenge of course
Get a genuine replacement for Hugo who can kick on in 18 months time if not sooner
I’d love a Maddison or Zaniolo to play the right side and central too
Not sure for the RCB

Replace Sanchez
Replace moura
Both are functional players but not good enough for where we want to go. May be a challenge of course
Get a genuine replacement for Hugo who can kick on in 18 months time if not sooner
I’d love a Maddison or Zaniolo to play the right side and central too
Not sure for the RCB

Sanchez and Moura - agree, but unlikely in Jan. Conte counts on Sanchez (calls him 'patron' all the time, or 'boss' in Spanish), and Lucas has declared he's happy staying here until his contract ends.

Shifting them in the summer is much likelier - think the only outgoings in Jan will be loans.

As for Zaniolo, I think he got injured again, sadly.

As for Hugo, I think we need to be looking for his successor, defo, but it's not one of the burning needs atm. He's largely fine, and as long as he keeps his form up, I'm comfortable with the GK group we have going into next year (Hugo + Forster + yoof GK, with the understanding that we'll bring someone in on an emergency loan if needed).

GK transitions are notoriously unpredictable, anyway, so no guarantee buying someone to sit them behind Hugo for 12 months will work out for us - might as well just buy someone to slot straight in once he leaves.

Sanchez and Moura - agree, but unlikely in Jan. Conte counts on Sanchez (calls him 'patron' all the time, or 'boss' in Spanish), and Lucas has declared he's happy staying here until his contract ends.

Shifting them in the summer is much likelier - think the only outgoings in Jan will be loans.

As for Zaniolo, I think he got injured again, sadly.

As for Hugo, I think we need to be looking for his successor, defo, but it's not one of the burning needs atm. He's largely fine, and as long as he keeps his form up, I'm comfortable with the GK group we have going into next year (Hugo + Forster + yoof GK, with the understanding that we'll bring someone in on an emergency loan if needed).
I wasn’t talking just January so maybe I’ve missed the point
January it’s only one area we need to add that’s realistic
Wide right who can play central too

Zaniolo is an absolute injury nightmare we could do without

For me LCB, CM and another winger are what I would be looking for in that order to.

Zaniolo is an absolute injury nightmare we could do without

For me LCB, CM and another winger are what I would be looking for in that order to.

At least we have two LCBs who we can rotate already, whereas we have one RCB who Conte trusts and one CCB. Sanchez only plays when someone is injured or last 5 mins

I think we need a RWB, a creative CM/forward and a CB who can play both centrally and right

I'd like us to go in heavy for Livramento, while he's forgotten about and KWP is doing so well. Also Alex Scott as Kulusevski's cover
Is Scott doing as well this year?
Livramento is broken and IMO we would need to see more of Spence before looking for a RWB
I do think we may well got back in for Carrasco who can play anywhere down that side

He hasn't been forgotten about. He's been injured since april.

But hopefully forgotten about by the Soton fans if we put in a moderate bid in January

Is Scott doing as well this year?
Livramento is broken and IMO we would need to see more of Spence before looking for a RWB
I do think we may well got back in for Carrasco who can play anywhere down that side

I've not seen Scott yet this season, so I don't know.

I just think Livramento could be to Spence what Udogie is to Sessegnon. I don't think there's any chance Doherty or Royal will be here next season, so it's just tying up that second long-term option while we can.

But hopefully forgotten about by the Soton fans if we put in a moderate bid in January

I've not seen Scott yet this season, so I don't know.

I just think Livramento could be to Spence what Udogie is to Sessegnon. I don't think there's any chance Doherty or Royal will be here next season, so it's just tying up that second long-term option while we can.

He's missed as many games as he's played in the top flight. This time last year people were bigging up lamptey. Fair enough if they are the same price as destiny or spence, but they won't be.

He's missed as many games as he's played in the top flight. This time last year people were bigging up lamptey. Fair enough if they are the same price as destiny or spence, but they won't be.
What happened with Lamptey, has he been injured? Could see Potter buying him as a squad player

I'd like us to go in heavy for Livramento, while he's forgotten about and KWP is doing so well. Also Alex Scott as Kulusevski's cover

This is why I love you. The two I want.

Personally I would also go for the right winger at Villeral whose name I can't spell. Chap was at Bournemouth for a spell. I like him.

Off topic my local news which is no where near Bournemouth, had a report on David Brooks and his cancer treatment.

Some weeks we get Kent other weeks we get Hampshire. I have no idea what's going on with my TV.

Back