• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

*another sigh*…. You really think the uber rich (or anyone) needs to turn an asset into cash to have made a profit? All that matters is asset value.

Yes. I think that these crazy asset values of companies like Tesla, Uber, Airb etc have some relationship to reality. Tesla for example probably have a 10 year lead on VW (the largest car maker in the world). They have technology that allows their cars to travel further using the same batteries. They have super charger networks - which means consumers' logical choice is a Tesla if they are going electric. Spurs have a nice stadium and training complex as their USPs, hardly groundbreaking if we're honest.

we had 27 days to sort out Traore. Honestly, an absolute joke of running a football club.

I'll keep banging this drum. We act like a big club when it comes to ST prices (highest in the league). We act like a big club in the amount we pay the chairman (highest in the league).

But when it comes to investing in the football club, we act like fudging paupers in the bottom 5.

it could have been worse, we could have signed him

Yes. I think that these crazy asset values of companies like Tesla, Uber, Airb etc have some relationship to reality. Tesla for example probably have a 10 year lead on VW (the largest car maker in the world). They have technology that allows their cars to travel further using the same batteries. They have super charger networks - which means consumers' logical choice is a Tesla if they are going electric. Spurs have a nice stadium and training complex as their USPs, hardly groundbreaking if we're honest.
I’m looking forward to giving my next investor update and telling them that we haven’t made any profit at all this quarter as I’ve not sold all of the assets and converted them into cash.

Just trophies please. The customer base isn’t satisfied, it’s just that ‘supporters’ can’t just go and support another club like a ‘customer’ can buy a Samsung phone instead of an Apple one.

Just a quick question, as I enjoy your posts, what will you complain about when we win a trophy? :)

I’m looking forward to giving my next investor update and telling them that we haven’t made any profit at all this quarter as I’ve not sold all of the assets and converted them into cash.

Are your investors getting into vanity projects, or to make money? Unless you're into selling companies like WeWork (all asset value and no profit, and now no asset value either), then I would focus on profit and where it will come from. The dotcom, WeWork all growth style model is yesterday's model. People are interested in profit ultimately, are they not?

*sigh*…. You don’t need to sell an asset to have made a profit. All that matters for the Uber rich is asset valuations. If you sell an asset then it is only to invest in another one. Why be left holding the asset of cash that only ever reduces in value?

this is Spurs we are talking about, its not impossible that by the time ENIC do sell up they will have made a loss

we had 27 days to sort out Traore. Honestly, an absolute joke of running a football club.

I'll keep banging this drum. We act like a big club when it comes to ST prices (highest in the league). We act like a big club in the amount we pay the chairman (highest in the league).

But when it comes to investing in the football club, we act like fudging paupers in the bottom 5.

Did you even want traore?

Are your investors getting into vanity projects, or to make money? Unless you're into selling companies like WeWork (all asset value and no profit, and now no asset value either), then I would focus on profit and where it will come from. The dotcom, WeWork all growth style model is yesterday's model. People are interested in profit ultimately, are they not?
One of the companies you mention (Uber) has also never been able to make a net profit. Tesla have only able to make one by selling carbon credits. Both of those companies valuations are based on an all growth model (though especially Uber’s)
My investors just want to know that the money they invested is holding an asset value above par for the market it is invested in.

One of the companies you mention (Uber) has also never been able to make a net profit. Tesla have only able to make one by selling carbon credits.
My investors just want to know that the money they invested is holding an asset value above par for the market it is invested in.

And that makes them analogous to Spurs?

These are companies that are making profits. They reinvest the profits to grow as the markets for their products are so vast. I'm not sure we can really compare them to Spurs. Maybe it's all bull, but these companies have a strong story behind them. They are changing the landscape and threatening the hegemony, indeed showing they can be the new dominant player in their space. Whether they make it or not, who knows, but they are making massive inroads. Spurs on the other hand have a TV deal, 60,000 odd paying customers every fortnight and a bit of land with planning permission.

And that makes them analogous to Spurs?

These are companies that are making profits. They reinvest the profits to grow as the markets for their products are so vast. I'm not sure we can really compare them to Spurs. Maybe it's all bull, but these companies have a strong story behind them. They are changing the landscape and threatening the hegemony, indeed showing they can be the new dominant player in their space. Whether they make it or not, who knows, but they are making massive inroads. Spurs on the other hand have a TV deal, 60,000 odd paying customers every fortnight and a bit of land with planning permission.
No, Uber aren’t making any profit. They have had a decade of losses. Their $90 odd billion valuation is the epitome of an all growth valuation. They’ve been putting prices up to try to make a profit but a bunch of new players have come into the market and are undercutting them.

Dunno where uber and that came into paratici thread. Netflix just lost over 22% of their share value if that helps.

No, Uber aren’t making any profit. They have had a decade of losses. Their $90 odd billion valuation is the epitome of an all growth valuation. They’ve been putting prices up to try to make a profit but a bunch of new players have come into the market and are undercutting them.

Reuters is normally quite respected:

Uber makes first operating profit as driver shortage eases

These companies are not making huge NET profits, but they are making profits in certain regions etc. But if you choose to keep expanding, you need to keep reinvesting. Nothing like Spurs anyway. Sadly for DL.

Reuters is normally quite respected:

Uber makes first operating profit as driver shortage eases

These companies are not making huge NET profits, but they are making profits in certain regions etc. But if you choose to keep expanding, you need to keep reinvesting. Nothing like Spurs anyway. Sadly for DL.
Uber made a single quarter operating profit only and still a loss for the year, and even their single quarter operating profit actually panned out as a quarterly net loss of a whopping $2.4b. Lyft’s numbers look more promising to me than Uber’s (even though, like Uber, Lyft are also yet to make a net profit).

And that milking goes back into the club.

They've not taken any money out.
True but the balance his shifted way too much into non-football stuff.

Not saying the whole approach was wrong and nice to see that we have the best stadium in the world to host American football, boxing and EPL matches.

I was all for the stadium and entertainment investments because i thought it would be a way for us to host Champions League matches every year at new White Hart Lane.

True but the balance his shifted way too much into non-football stuff.

Not saying the whole approach was wrong and nice to see that we have the best stadium in the world to host American football, boxing and EPL matches.

I was all for the stadium and entertainment investments because i thought it would be a way for us to host Champions League matches every year at new White Hart Lane.

We've not had a season with full capacity yet. Give it a chance. We're spending more on players now. Admittedly bad purchases. But we get that right. We can still get cl football this season.

CL not in our hands with current lot imo. Have to count on Arsenal, West Ham and Man U slipping up Imo. Don't think Conte will renew if we don't get CL. Oh well there's always Potter.

We've not had a season with full capacity yet. Give it a chance. We're spending more on players now. Admittedly bad purchases. But we get that right. We can still get cl football this season.

We’re spending more on players? Where? I must have missed that this window? Seems like we are low balling teams and getting nowhere. Not a lot has changed.

CL not in our hands with current lot imo. Have to count on Arsenal, West Ham and Man U slipping up Imo. Don't think Conte will renew if we don't get CL. Oh well there's always Potter.

I think Conte would wait til summer, however will be bloody frustrating if we see clubs sign decent players (Diaz, Guimaraes) and some sign ok ones (Coutinho) and us manage nothing. Still 4 days to go, and having Paratici gives me some hope, however we've been in this position many times before

Back