• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

doesn't matter if me, you, anyone in this forum or the Queen wanted Traore. If Conte has given the go ahead to sign them, then we should have got the deal over the line. Took Barca 24 hours to do it.

A lot of ifs in there, and we don't actually know if conte wanted him or that he wanted to come to us.

So we were potentially buying a player the coach doesn't even want? Aye caramba! [emoji2297]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Considering he was* a target before Contes arrival it would stand to reason he was more of a club target than a manager target.

Waste of time getting hung up on the particulars of the transfer window anyway as the ins and outs are just not accurately known/reported - we either improve or we don't, it's looking likely that we come out of it as we came in so a poor window. Whether Traore was a primary target or not doesn't really matter

*reportedly

Isn't it paraticis thing that he has numerous targets on the go at once?

As far as i'm aware, both us and liverpool have had bids accepted for diaz. He prefers liverpool, but we'll see.

Still a few days to go.

People talk about Conte walking but if Paratici is giving targets and Levy is failing to close negotiations you’d think that maybe he wouldn’t want to work under such restraints.

That said, if we seem to be missing out to Juventus, Liverpool and Barca late in the window, we need to be a little more inventive with our scouting and target players with lower profiles so we won’t get gazumped by clubs with bigger wage budgets / higher likelihood of CL / trophies.

People talk about Conte walking but if Paratici is giving targets and Levy is failing to close negotiations you’d think that maybe he wouldn’t want to work under such restraints.

That said, if we seem to be missing out to Juventus, Liverpool and Barca late in the window, we need to be a little more inventive with our scouting and target players with lower profiles so we won’t get gazumped by clubs with bigger wage budgets / higher likelihood of CL / trophies.
I understood it was Paratici doing the negotiating? Levy gives him the budget then Paratici goes shopping.

I understood it was Paratici doing the negotiating? Levy gives him the budget then Paratici goes shopping.
Interesting if true, my suspicion was Levy would still have quite a bit of influence. But if you’re right then perhaps Paratici is shopping in Waitrose with a Tesco’s budget!

Paratici is the one negotiating isn't he? On his welcome video, Levy spoke of having dealt with him previously and knew him to be a tough negotiator...

If walks we can get in tinker man, ex Chelsea manager, won the league, that seems to be our MO now :)

Paratici is the one negotiating isn't he? On his welcome video, Levy spoke of having dealt with him previously and knew him to be a tough negotiator...
If he is then my question about his role being undermined is moot. His performance may come under a little more scrutiny though

Luis diaz. He wants to go to liverpool though.
Ok, which Is always a risk for any potential signing we make. We spend the time negotiating a fee, once agreed the club and agent bell the big boys, if they match the fee said player understandably goes there. Hopefully we have a longer list of targets as this would prove Levy has given Paratici a budget and authority to negotiate putting the onus fully on him

doesn't matter if me, you, anyone in this forum or the Queen wanted Traore. If Conte has given the go ahead to sign them, then we should have got the deal over the line. Took Barca 24 hours to do it.

How do you do that if the player wants to go to Barca and is willing to wait until the last minute to find out if they want him?

If he is then my question about his role being undermined is moot. His performance may come under a little more scrutiny though

And if his tough negotiating credentials come from the same mould as Levy's then we could be in for some frustrating windows. Or rather stressful ones, watching on from the outside.

And if his tough negotiating credentials come from the same mould as Levy's then we could be in for some frustrating windows. Or rather stressful ones, watching on from the outside.
You would hope Levy would recognise the benefit of having a diverse board, but maybe that’s a step too far just now. I guess having a more experienced football voice appointed is a step forward.

Back