• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Selling Dembele was the right thing to do. He was broken and his performance level had dropped massively. The lack of replacement is the issue not the sale.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Our big problem was Dembele and eriksen were pretty unique players, we couldn't replace them like for like.
But we were built around them and losing them meant a change of direction.
That was never going to be easy.

it is cheating if it's money you've not earned

my opinion changing is irrelevant, they can't really be held to any standards as the club is theirs, they are free to do with it as they wish, if I didn't agree with their direction and management I'd maybe go and support a club who's owners did match my ideals, it's only football

I get it. So basically we are stuck with them until they sell the club.

Yes but if a product doesn’t sell they retire it and replace it with something else. So in essence they do listen to customers, ie the sales tell them that a product isn’t what the customer wants, they don’t keep selling it.

I think it’s more than reasonable to respect the job they did for the first 15 years but not be so enamoured with the job done over the last 5. No player or manager gets a life pass so why should it be any different for the owners? Wenger won everything at Arsenal except for the CL but he was still their most successful manager in their history, but even he should have called it day sooner than he did.

getting rid of wenger has worked out well for them so far. Don’t get me wrong, long may it continue.

I think we have a huge thank you to say to AFTV for that.

getting rid of wenger has worked out well for them so far. Don’t get me wrong, long may it continue.

I think we have a huge thank you to say to AFTV for that.

Was always going to be challenging to replace Wenger. He was there for 20 years. Doesn’t mean letting him go wasn’t the right decision. His age alone meant he was going to need a replacement within a few years anyway.

Of course we have but I would put that down more to Poch and the development he oversaw with the squad more than Levy’s brilliance. We achieved great things on the pitch in spite of not signing a single player for three consecutive windows. The decline of the team is down to the mismanagement of the squad and poor transfer windows. Levy has redeemed himself somewhat by getting Conte but if he doesn’t back him or it fails then i really don’t see where Levy goes next as he has tried just about everything else.
Think you might be getting headwinds and tailwinds confused?

yeah

it’s important to remember that we are not stuck though, we have free will and our free time and attention is ours to spend

we are Spurs fans because we want to be

We have a choice. But it’s not that simple :) I constantly see and hear people saying “I’m done with Spurs if Conte walks”. We have an emotional investment and tie to the club. Our owners on their last chance saloon with me but I still enjoy going to games and the social element of it. Although my interest has waned since Poch got sacked. I think the attendances reflect that somewhat. People often say “it’s ok if you don’t go to games anymore there are plenty willing to take your place”. The empty seats this season would indicate otherwise.

It’s not cheating to spend money. At this point it would be levelling the playing field. We have tried admirably to do things right but you reduce your chances of winning if you aren’t willing to spend money. What if we go another 10-20 years and don’t win anything? At what point will your opinion of them change? Do you not agree that they should be held to the same standards as players and managers are? If a player doesn’t perform he gets sold. If a manager achieves poor results he gets sacked.
'Not willing to spend money'?

They are spending all the money they have operating this model.

We have a choice. But it’s not that simple :) I constantly see and hear people saying “I’m done with Spurs if Conte walks”. We have an emotional investment and tie to the club. Our owners on their last chance saloon with me but I still enjoy going to games and the social element of it. Although my interest has waned since Poch got sacked. I think the attendances reflect that somewhat. People often say “it’s ok if you don’t go to games anymore there are plenty willing to take your place”. The empty seats this season would indicate otherwise.

I think COVID is still the major cause of that, not just the virus, but the financial hit it’s had on some people too.

Most clubs are seeing smaller sttendences. Covid is still about.

It's estimated we're losing £160k a game being short of full capacity. Chelsea are losing £150k a game in a much smaller stadium.

I think COVID is still the major cause of that, not just the virus, but the financial hit it’s had on some people too.

Possibly. Perfectly reasonable to cite that as a factor. I haven’t noticed empty seats as much at the other top grounds (does WHU count as they often have empty seats even before covid?) but admittedly I don’t watch other teams as closely as spurs.

Not signing a single player for 3 consecutive windows? Do you disagree with the rest of the post just out of interest? Just wondered why you focused on that point?
Because it implies they have money but are unwilling to spend it.

Considering the stadium is our most controllable cash generator and the foundation block of 'stepping up' to the top table, you could quite easily spot (if you wished) the unforeseen circumstances that we faced before it was completed, and soon after it was completed (ie headwinds;)) that would have a severe detrimental affect on budgets being available for transfers.

Ironically, considering the massive reduction in income covid has brought, the amounts we have spent are way above anything I would have predicted. It generally looks like we have spent it badly though, but thats another conversation.

There's a difference between money and assets. We have a brand asset... The football club.... That enic is milking for its entertainment and hospitality business. Nothing wrong with owners diversifying to make more money, but a footballing-investment man will know how much you can squeeze out of this asset before it runs dry.

Back