• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Yes we have signed some younger players which is great. But we can’t sign a whole team worth of young players, everyone knows you need some experience too. You can’t honestly expect every signing we make to be under 25 and that the recruitment team think a 27 year old is too old…..

I think we will go back to that model - its what we were most successful with a few years' back. Perhaps not every outfielder, but I wouldnt be surprised if say 80%/90% of our outfield signings over the next few years are say under 24/25, and supplemented with the odd Bosman or Llorente type

Look at it another way. How many 27/28 year olds, who are good enough to be starters in a team which is aiming to challenge for the top 4, will we be able to afford the fees for (remember that other teams will deeper pockets might well be in for them)? They are at/near their peak and if they're of that sort of top 4 standard, I think we'll be priced out of them (fees and wages)

I think Ten Hag knocked us back as the expectations from the top don’t match the backing given.

Agreed - Conte explicitly called us out for having no ambition, and it was clear we were trying to sign the cheap option, not the one that would expect backing.

Although the two weeks with all the news about Poch and Conte and Ten Hag were certainly exciting. Pity all that ambitious talk from the club and its leaks to journos like Gold et al. conspicuously ended literally the day after season ticket renewals came due, eh? ;)

don't dislike him, but like so many others never understood the hire of Nuno. Paratici wanted him, before that was Gattuso. He hasn't been in the role long, maybe a question of whether he's had enough time to acclimatise to British football and our club?

don't dislike him, but like so many others never understood the hire of Nuno. Paratici wanted him, before that was Gattuso. He hasn't been in the role long, maybe a question of whether he's had enough time to acclimatise to British football and our club?
The DOF?
I said it during the window that his lack of experience on these shores will hurt us short term at least
He will not have been looking at the championship for signings for juve

The DOF?
I said it during the window that his lack of experience on these shores will hurt us short term at least

...which is why we're hired that guy from Everton. should compliment Paratici nicely

The DOF?

just like players need to acclimatise to a new league, i feel like we've thrust him into a role that he has the experience for, but not the acclimatisation to manage it.

Agreed - Conte explicitly called us out for having no ambition, and it was clear we were trying to sign the cheap option, not the one that would expect backing.

Although the two weeks with all the news about Poch and Conte and Ten Hag were certainly exciting. Pity all that ambitious talk from the club and its leaks to journos like Gold et al. conspicuously ended literally the day after season ticket renewals came due, eh? ;)

I was convinced we were going to sign Rivaldo.

Possibly
But where does he go next?
Hence my guy feel/crystal ball

If they keep their CL form up, probably Dortmund or United (if Ole lasts the year). Outside chance of Inter/Milan.

If they drop off, one of Leicester, Sevilla or maybe the Goons if they dump Arteta.

Outside shot at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but their next boss will probably still be new and in his seat when Ten Hag leaves Ajax.

The DOF?

Now here is a post I agree with and have been saying similar.

Though we have been a bit of a mess for a few years actually. Should have signed Collins from Stoke instead of Rodon due to the homegrown issue.

I really hope he has a few deals all nicely lined up for January... Just to make the 2nd half of the season a bit more interesting if nothing else!

Maybe
It’s just my guess as I’ve said
I also think Nuno will be gone next summer for Ten Haag. That’s my crystal ball moment
I think we wanted Ten Haag but he wanted another year (same as potter) so we went for the stop gap option
Again… just my speculation
Why would he come here? We are likely not to even be in Europe next season. We don't pay the big transfer fees not we do we pay the big wages. So we will not compete for players. I've never understood why some think we are attractive to a a manger like Ten Haag.
Possibly
But where does he go next?
Hence my guy feel/crystal ball
He has loads of options, if he continues his impressive displays. Barcelona are in need of a new coach. I can't see Koeman starting next season. Dortmund are a potential option as are United, RB Leipzig and even PSG once Poch gets the sack. These are all clubs with much better prospects than our own so why 2ould he want to come here. On paper we are a worse proposition than we were in the summer.

Back