• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I can't say that many of them impress me - Chiesa sounds good as does McKennie Kulusevski but Tevez, Ronaldo etc don't need a lot of scouting.

From what I've read he doesn't sound the right fit for us, Juve have a very unbalanced squad with some players on insane wages and lots of debt.

End of the day everyone joining deserves a clean slate so lets see what he can do.

I can't say that many of them impress me - Chiesa sounds good as does McKennie Kulusevski but Tevez, Ronaldo etc don't need a lot of scouting.

From what I've read he doesn't sound the right fit for us, Juve have a very unbalanced squad with some players on insane wages and lots of debt.

End of the day everyone joining deserves a clean slate so lets see what he can do.
Pirlo was a stroke lf genius
He won them the leagues
To judge anyone’s success in the DOF type role you need to know the circumstances more

Some comments from reddit... Who knows maybe his chairman was the Italian Levy!

legohoxb77

People overrate his later contributions. Everyone knew De Ligt was an amazing player and prospect and many teams were in for him. Nothing special there. Chiesa was also a pretty well known commodity.
Ramsey was a failure. Rabiot has been inconsistent - at times world class at times not. McKennie was a good buy but the jury is still out. He had a strong first season but so too did bentancur. We will see. Morata is the same Morata as he was the last 5 years.
In terms of results on the pitch, he made 2 rather poor managerial hires with Sarri and Pirlo, and the team got worse each progressive year with him at the helm. It's not all his fault, but you can't be a director and not accept responsibility.
It has been frustrating that he hasn't solved our midfield issues for 3 years.

BrotherKing

Good a buying, Bad at selling.
Thats the short story imo

spyrgy

One of the best at finding talent, but bad at shifting dead weight and fixing holes in the team. We've got a great young base of players but also our wage bill is massive and we have a lot of players we need to get rid of. He did manage to sign Ronaldo and De Ligt, so he has a track record of closing big deals too.

HardSkism

I had a ton of hope for Fabio when Marotta left. In fact I felt he made Marotta look good...but when he was left on his own, I felt he wasnt worth the hype. I say this for a few reasons:

Was unable to build a proper midfield that suited three different coaches (You could argue Allegri last year doesnt count, but it wasnt what it was in his previous years)

Was unable to move dead weight (see rugani, de sciglio, costa, khedira) for multiple seasons

Full backs were a problem and it wasn't addressed as well as it could've been

Great at finding talent no doubt, but he lacked that magic when building a balanced team. If he simply works in the capacity to find the talent that addresses the needs of the club, he will be very good

It’s exactly that
He made money selling players they didn’t want
It’s what we haven’t done for some time

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Some comments from reddit... Who knows maybe his chairman was the Italian Levy!

legohoxb77

People overrate his later contributions. Everyone knew De Ligt was an amazing player and prospect and many teams were in for him. Nothing special there. Chiesa was also a pretty well known commodity.
Ramsey was a failure. Rabiot has been inconsistent - at times world class at times not. McKennie was a good buy but the jury is still out. He had a strong first season but so too did bentancur. We will see. Morata is the same Morata as he was the last 5 years.
In terms of results on the pitch, he made 2 rather poor managerial hires with Sarri and Pirlo, and the team got worse each progressive year with him at the helm. It's not all his fault, but you can't be a director and not accept responsibility.
It has been frustrating that he hasn't solved our midfield issues for 3 years.

BrotherKing

Good a buying, Bad at selling.
Thats the short story imo

spyrgy

One of the best at finding talent, but bad at shifting dead weight and fixing holes in the team. We've got a great young base of players but also our wage bill is massive and we have a lot of players we need to get rid of. He did manage to sign Ronaldo and De Ligt, so he has a track record of closing big deals too.

HardSkism

I had a ton of hope for Fabio when Marotta left. In fact I felt he made Marotta look good...but when he was left on his own, I felt he wasnt worth the hype. I say this for a few reasons:

Was unable to build a proper midfield that suited three different coaches (You could argue Allegri last year doesnt count, but it wasnt what it was in his previous years)

Was unable to move dead weight (see rugani, de sciglio, costa, khedira) for multiple seasons

Full backs were a problem and it wasn't addressed as well as it could've been

Great at finding talent no doubt, but he lacked that magic when building a balanced team. If he simply works in the capacity to find the talent that addresses the needs of the club, he will be very good

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
He has managed to sell the best part of £280m worth in the last two seasons
And even in the Ronaldo season they sold £100m worth of players
out issue right now is selling as much as, if not more so than buying
We are carrying so much dead weight it’s painful and hurts the squad
We have had and IMO still have players will will dictate where they go because something ain’t right here
We will be stuck with serge now for example of PSG go it and sign Hakimi… and he will run down his contract here. That’s the kind of issue he has to fix

What makes me laugh is that we will never sign a Tevez, Ronaldo, De Ligt, at Spurs.

The rest seem like Levy punts though, so perhaps if he is a yes man it will work for Levy to throw him under the bus in the near future.

He has managed to sell the best part of £280m worth in the last two seasons
And even in the Ronaldo season they sold £100m worth of players
out issue right now is selling as much as, if not more so than buying
We are carrying so much dead weight it’s painful and hurts the squad
We have had and IMO still have players will will dictate where they go because something ain’t right here
We will be stuck with serge now for example of PSG go it and sign Hakimi… and he will run down his contract here. That’s the kind of issue he has to fix
Any player who gets to the last year of their contract should run it down (unless an incredible opportunity turns up that might not be there in 6 months’ time). The fact that we have got into this situation in the first place shows poor operating from whichever of Levy or Hitchen holds the reigns here. We’re likely to be in the same situation with Son in a year’s time as well.

It's difficult to know which of those signings were him and which were Marotta. He's meant to be very good at spotting young players. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to Spurs and how he approaches the transfer market.

Where is that heard from though?...

If you were Son’s agent what would you be advising him right now?

I have heard it from a number of different places, some with links inside the club. All have been saying the same thing, that it has been agreed for a while and that it will be announced this summer.

By all accounts he loves it at Spurs. I don't think that things are as bad as you do. I think that we are a handful of signings and a decent manager away from a strong top four challenge. I also think that, financially, we will be in a very strong position once the stadium is fully reopened. The only English clubs with more financial muscle with be United, City and Chelsea.

I have heard it from a number of different places, some with links inside the club. All have been saying the same thing, that it has been agreed for a while and that it will be announced this summer.

By all accounts he loves it at Spurs. I don't think that things are as bad as you do. I think that we are a handful of signings and a decent manager away from a strong top four challenge. I also think that, financially, we will be in a very strong position once the stadium is fully reopened. The only English clubs with more financial muscle with be United, City and Chelsea.

Hmmm - are you claiming to know someone who has some inside information?

BAN! LYNCH HIM! THIS IS NOT TRUE! LOL! LIAR!

:p

Hmmm - are you claiming to know someone who has some inside information?

BAN! LYNCH HIM! THIS IS NOT TRUE! LOL! LIAR!

:p

I get snippets every now and then but I am not claiming to be ITK. I rarely pass them on because I don't want to get anyone in trouble

I get snippets every now and then but I am not claiming to be ITK. I rarely pass them on because I don't want to get anyone in trouble

I believe you - and I reckon you're not the only one who gets snippets - but of course ... all ITK's are liars, as per the mantra on here (not implying that you are saying that). :p

After us giving him a long term contract. When he was due to do national service. Then releasing him when we didn't need to that got him out of his national service. I think he'll stay. Yes we did it for our own selfish reasons. But still.

I believe you - and I reckon you're not the only one who gets snippets - but of course ... all ITK's are liars, as per the mantra on here (not implying that you are saying that). :p

I know several people on here who get snippets

Back