• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Thanks for posting. Reinforces the question in my mind about whether he's the sort of DoF who can uncover gems, rather than dealing with signing big name players who want to join a team of Juve's stature and takes their wages

His talent spotting is meant to be very good, particularly young players. I can't say that I know much about him, though, other than what I have read over the last week.

I'm not convinced there's anything in this at all. It feels just like some weird echo from the Conte story that people are clinging to because there's no actual news

Thanks for posting. Reinforces the question in my mind about whether he's the sort of DoF who can uncover gems, rather than dealing with signing big name players who want to join a team of Juve's stature and takes their wages
Reads to me like he synchronises well with the coach as well as knowing how to operate in the murky world of football - levy is a formidable negotiator and will join negotiations last minute under this guy, but the footballing world has worked Levy the last few years. He needs an experienced campaigner.

As far as players goes - it's system or player, depending on what the couch wants and the overall club strategy.
We could actually do with some experienced heads right now.

Things worth looking at...
The profit they have made from selling players (a BIG issue for us)
And who was a semi unknown he has brought in. To me that’s a player like McKennie who is exactly what we would need now
But to look at the numbers this season they have a net spend of £19m ish
Season before £18.5m
Maybe the financial issues are more to do with other things such as wages, the new ground costs, other poor decisions or simply living beyond their means like lost clubs

I was all for Levy disconnecting himself from the manager selection process.
Bringing in a DOF to head it.
But this guy appointed Pirlo as Juve manager last summer

I think that highlights why it's difficult to evaluate people in these roles from the outside.

So many different aspects influencing the players that are actually signed. The style of play, preferences and demands from the manager, the overall strategy for the club, the chairman, finances. Then the existing squad, retaining and building balance in a squad and a squad that functions from a morale and unity perspective.

Looking at signings even over a handful of seasons tells us very little about how that person operated, even less about how they will fit in with us. Hopefully if we do get him the club will have good knowledge about how he works, the process he works with, how he will fit into our structure. I have no idea how we as fans can evaluate that at this point.

If we bring this Paratici fella in then i think we can only view it initially as a positive. It takes Levy a step further away from the football side of things and that can only be a good thing.

Unfortunately with our chairman we were never going to be able to get one of the two outstanding available DoFs in Campos or Rangnick as they demand a lot more control.

Hopefully Paratici can put together a few deals for some good players with the £150 odd million we’ll have to spend this summer after selling Kane and some squad ballast.

If we bring this Paratici fella in then i think we can only view it initially as a positive. It takes Levy a step further away from the football side of things and that can only be a good thing.

Unfortunately with our chairman we were never going to be able to get one of the two outstanding available DoFs in Campos or Rangnick as they demand a lot more control.

Hopefully Paratici can put together a few deals for some good players with the £150 odd million we’ll have to spend this summer after selling Kane and some squad ballast.

I'd just like to know Poch is bought in to any DoF we get, if we know he's coming back in either the short or medium term. I don't think he's opposed to the model, but obviously the personalities need to gel.

I'd just like to know Poch is bought in to any DoF we get, if we know he's coming back in either the short or medium term. I don't think he's opposed to the model, but obviously the personalities need to gel.

Bring back Mitchell let him and Poch finish the job they started.

I had never heard of Kulusevski - and so many names are being linked to us - but this is a player whose profile fits us, so it may be more than just 1+1=3 guesswork. Young, versatile, with a clear sell-on value. Lamela and Moura (or both) to make way. Not the kind of signing that will impress Kane though - if true.

There always seem to be tenuous links, every transfer window, to an abundance of Italian players, almost as if their agents are using the name of a PL club (and we are probably not the only one) to get their clients a better deal within Italy. Expect these links to go into overdrive if Paratici comes onboard.

Of the DOFs around it sounds like Rangnick would be a good option but the theory is he wouldn't come unless he gets almost total control to shape the club in his mould and we all know Levy will never let go. The others must surely be someone like Campos who has a great track record and is able to sign young players on a good budget. Surely he's someone we could attract.

He's also said stupid brick in the public which is what has probably ruled him out of the job from the beginning, the media would have a field day, for another club he would get a pass

He's also said stupid brick in the public which is what has probably ruled him out of the job from the beginning, the media would have a field day, for another club he would get a pass
Yep, given how the bloody PM is now weighing on the cricket, he’d surely not waste an opportunity to score some political points and pass comment on us!

Back