• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I was looking forward to a DoF coming in almost as much as a new manager. This seems a strange / underwhelming appointment though? I’ve read very little on the guy, only that he’s been at Juve the last few years as they’ve bought poorly and fallen off their perch. Hoping there’s a juicy article on him coming soon to put his achievements (or lack of if the case may be) in to context.
I’ve been trying to find something but it’s hard to distinguish how important he and Moratta were individually as they worked together for quite a long time at different clubs successfully.

It’s probably too simplistic but since they split Moratta has overseen some more success with Inter winning the league yet without him Juve have had their worst season for years.

some bad blood between them since they split too:

https://www.beinsports.com/en/serie-a/news/inter-chief-marotta-returning-to-juventus-a-1/1681561

"I have remained on good terms with everyone, except [Fabio] Paratici, but that question is more human than professional.

I was looking forward to a DoF coming in almost as much as a new manager. This seems a strange / underwhelming appointment though? I’ve read very little on the guy, only that he’s been at Juve the last few years as they’ve bought poorly and fallen off their perch. Hoping there’s a juicy article on him coming soon to put his achievements (or lack of if the case may be) in to context.

Yes, I agree. DoF needed, though I'm not clear based on what I've read about this chap whether he's what I would say is a natural fit.

Reasons being that the deals which he seems to be regularly credited with in the media are the likes of Ronaldo and Ramsey. However we dont have Juve's pulling power and we're also (I hope) not going to start signing players at their prime and paying them £500k per week. I think we'd be better suited with a DoF who is good at signing younger players (18-23 year olds say) who arent as well known. I think that fits our model better. Perhaps this guy can do that too, but the profile which is built in the media suggests his focus is not in this range

Yes, I agree. DoF needed, though I'm not clear based on what I've read about this chap whether he's what I would say is a natural fit.

Reasons being that the deals which he seems to be regularly credited with in the media are the likes of Ronaldo and Ramsey. However we dont have Juve's pulling power and we're also (I hope) not going to start signing players at their prime and paying them £500k per week. I think we'd be better suited with a DoF who is good at signing younger players (18-23 year olds say) who arent as well known. I think that fits our model better. Perhaps this guy can do that too, but the profile which is built in the media suggests his focus is not in this range
And that’s the danger of the media
Dont forget the guy who is credited with actually doing all the other good work went to inter.. and their now bankrupt too (I’m exaggerating)
A DOF can only operate within the boundaries their given
I’d say him getting in Weston McKennie is an example of an outstanding deal . They guys been nothing short of class at Juve and has stepped up to be arguably the best player in his role in serie A. That was a loan to buy deal so all the cards were in June’s favour

I think it's extremely difficult to evaluate the work of a DoF from the outside. Over years some do earn a solid (or poor) reputation and probably that has some truth to it. But over smaller samples, I don't think much can be learned unless they're just terrible.

I think it's extremely difficult to evaluate the work of a DoF from the outside. Over years some do earn a solid (or poor) reputation and probably that has some truth to it. But over smaller samples, I don't think much can be learned unless they're just terrible.

The only way you can evaluate them is in the players which the club signs. htat of course will be influence by the type of club, and the club's financial position, but its an indication of a DoFs ability.

My concern over this italian dude is the high wage, free transfers associated with him. We want younger up and coming players. Someone cited the example of Weston McKennie, which is fair - thats what we need him to bring in not the like of Aaron ramsey

Still no manager? Starting to feel like levy just wants to keep the same wheels turning, no need to be too disruptive, we all understand the spurs dna now.

Everyone around him must say he is a very nice person to work with, guy with a heart etc. putting getting ex players to do the coaching and morale in the executive leadership team must be high because they are tightly knit and trust each other. LOL.

The only way you can evaluate them is in the players which the club signs. htat of course will be influence by the type of club, and the club's financial position, but its an indication of a DoFs ability.

My concern over this italian dude is the high wage, free transfers associated with him. We want younger up and coming players. Someone cited the example of Weston McKennie, which is fair - thats what we need him to bring in not the like of Aaron ramsey
I mentioned McKennie
I don’t know if this guy is good to bad
But we also don’t know the circumstances of the club he was at factually
It’s the same as the commentary that Morata was the brains…. He has bankrupted Inter to keep up with the demands. Is that a great DOF?

I don’t know if this guy is good to bad
But we also don’t know the circumstances of the club he was at factually
It’s the same as the commentary that Morata was the brains…. He has bankrupted Inter to keep up with the demands. Is that a great DOF?

I agree - as I mentioned, the club's financial position will likely influence how a DoF does his job, as will the club's reputation - Juve have pulling power to bring players in

From the outside, this guy appears unproven in terms of what we need - not saying that he wont succeed, however if we'd hired the team in charge of Leicester's signings it would give you more confidence of them being likely to succeed at Spurs. Leicester have been signing good young players for a few years, and for relatively modest fees...and its also not as if they're a huge club which can attract players just because of who they are

I agree - as I mentioned, the club's financial position will likely influence how a DoF does his job, as will the club's reputation - Juve have pulling power to bring players in

From the outside, this guy appears unproven in terms of what we need - not saying that he wont succeed, however if we'd hired the team in charge of Leicester's signings it would give you more confidence of them being likely to succeed at Spurs. Leicester have been signing good young players for a few years, and for relatively modest fees...and its also not as if they're a huge club which can attract players just because of who they are
The current Leicester team actually came from Celtic (@milo or @ricky2tricky4city) mentioned the guys in one of the pods. So they haven’t been there long.
and actually their record as a club for signings unknowns isn’t as great as people think. They do pay market rates and prem premiums. What their good at is acting decisively on their buys and buying well but they do pay fair to premium prices still (like most clubs). They have actually been great at bringing through players form their youth set up. Barnes and James and Thomas being 3 straight away

• fofana cost £31.5m - he has been quality
  • Castagne cost £20m - he has been good
  • Tielemans cost £40m - had a great season
  • Perez £30m - IMO he hasn’t been great
  • Praet £17m - injured most of the season but looked ok last season
  • Justin £6m - looked awful last season, brilliant this season. Him and Barnes being injured hurt them badly
  • Maddison £22m - the guys been a mixture of class and poor this season. Their fans are actually frustrated with him now and there was a lot of noise after we beat them. The guys more than worth the fee though and would cost £50m now
  • Pereira £20m - class right back IMO
  • Soyoncu £19m - been great ince he got his chance
  • Benkovic £13m - who is he??
  • Ghezzal £13m - again who is he??
  • Ward £12.5m - ex pool keeper.
  • Evans £3.6m - bargain that I wanted when we were letting Toby go
That’s all from transfermarket over the last few seasons so a lot of players brought in but funded by selling Maguire, Chilwell and Mahrez. They have sold well and sold at the right time

Of the DOFs around it sounds like Rangnick would be a good option but the theory is he wouldn't come unless he gets almost total control to shape the club in his mould and we all know Levy will never let go. The others must surely be someone like Campos who has a great track record and is able to sign young players on a good budget. Surely he's someone we could attract.

Of the DOFs around it sounds like Rangnick would be a good option but the theory is he wouldn't come unless he gets almost total control to shape the club in his mould and we all know Levy will never let go. The others must surely be someone like Campos who has a great track record and is able to sign young players on a good budget. Surely he's someone we could attract.
But he is joining Madrid

The current Leicester team actually came from Celtic (@milo or @ricky2tricky4city) mentioned the guys in one of the pods. So they haven’t been there long.
and actually their record as a club for signings unknowns isn’t as great as people think. They do pay market rates and prem premiums. What their good at is acting decisively on their buys and buying well but they do pay fair to premium prices still (like most clubs). They have actually been great at bringing through players form their youth set up. Barnes and James and Thomas being 3 straight away

• fofana cost £31.5m - he has been quality
  • Castagne cost £20m - he has been good
  • Tielemans cost £40m - had a great season
  • Perez £30m - IMO he hasn’t been great
  • Praet £17m - injured most of the season but looked ok last season
  • Justin £6m - looked awful last season, brilliant this season. Him and Barnes being injured hurt them badly
  • Maddison £22m - the guys been a mixture of class and poor this season. Their fans are actually frustrated with him now and there was a lot of noise after we beat them. The guys more than worth the fee though and would cost £50m now
  • Pereira £20m - class right back IMO
  • Soyoncu £19m - been great ince he got his chance
  • Benkovic £13m - who is he??
  • Ghezzal £13m - again who is he??
  • Ward £12.5m - ex pool keeper.
  • Evans £3.6m - bargain that I wanted when we were letting Toby go
That’s all from transfermarket over the last few seasons so a lot of players brought in but funded by selling Maguire, Chilwell and Mahrez. They have sold well and sold at the right time

Wasn't aware of the celtic link
Go and ask any celtic fan about the duds rodgers left them with.

Back