• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Arsenal (A)

What a January!!

Wednesday 1st January -- Man Utd (A)
Saturday 4th January -- Arsenal (A)
Tuesday 7th January -- League Cup Semi?
Saturday 11th January -- Crystal Palace (H)
Sunday 19th January -- Swansea (A)
Wednesday 22nd January -- League Cup Semi?
Wednesday 29th January -- Emirates Marketing Project (H)

I think the following month is the usual League Cup final date too (if we get there), not to mention the Europa League knockout stages which are played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now!!

Dont know if they have put it back a week later than normal, but I noticed its Sunday 2nd March this season, but if we manage to get there we will have the 2nd leg of the Europa League on the Thursday night a few days before it.

All pie in the sky right now, but if we do reach the final I hope we have the Europa tie wrapped up in the 1st leg

Dont think Wenger will be playing the 'kids' either, Think he will go strong

They have Cardiff at home on New Years Day, while we go to United, and they have no midweek fixture after it, where we, hopefully, will have a semi-final 1st leg to play

yeah initially was a bit negative but now im really up for this.....

no reason we cant go there and give it a right good go.

and the chance that we can deny them a trophy is a big incentive.

What a January!!

Wednesday 1st January -- Man Utd (A)
Saturday 4th January -- Arsenal (A)
Tuesday 7th January -- League Cup Semi?
Saturday 11th January -- Crystal Palace (H)
Sunday 19th January -- Swansea (A)
Wednesday 22nd January -- League Cup Semi?
Wednesday 29th January -- Emirates Marketing Project (H)

I think the following month is the usual League Cup final date too (if we get there), not to mention the Europa League knockout stages which are played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now!!

No they're not.
Europa League knockout is in Thursday's all the way through.
Next round is 20th / 27th Feb

No they're not.
Europa League knockout is in Thursday's all the way through.
Next round is 20th / 27th Feb

I misread it. There will be some matches played on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead of the regular Thursdays due to scheduling conflicts.

Dont think Wenger will be playing the 'kids' either, Think he will go strong

They have Cardiff at home on New Years Day, while we go to United, and they have no midweek fixture after it, where we, hopefully, will have a semi-final 1st leg to play

Yeah i doubt it will be the "kids". I assume both sides will be somewhat similar tho. Probably a lot of the "squad" members will be used, mixed in with a couple of "key" players.

Right now I'm interested firstly in the date/time, then the allocation and the price

For me it's almost a no lose situation. Win and hey we have beat them in their back yard. Lose and it's more games for them with a squad that will get more stretched as the season goes on and allows us to keep players fresher

All the pressure will be on them for once

Dreading the trip to the Library!

If we don't step it up then I see them murdering us but hopefully they have a few injuries by then or we play to our strengths.

Not looking forward to it but will be in that number anyway!

COYS

Crap. Fell asleep before yesterdays draw, woke up this morning expecting a team from the Championsship downwards and instead it's the one I least wanted!!

Not a snowball's chance of it going to members IMO.

What are the odds of them giving us 9k? Didn't we give them the maximum entitlement at the lane in the league cup (early round) a couple of years back?

Good draw in that I'm now really looking forward to this. Can't ask for much more really.

If we win, great. If we lose, **** it, focusing on EL/CC and the league will be plenty.

Exactly, would rather get knocked out by Arsenal in the 3rd round than QF or SF. Also, I think we will do them. It's quite boring playing ****ty teams in the lower divisions, even though we make them quite entertaining usually!

Go out there to win the game.
If we are in front after 80 mins then park the bus and knock them out .
If we are level park the bus and do them in a replay under the lights at the Lane.
If we are behind sod the match and put Ramsey, Walnut, Giroud and Vermalen out for the season. (And Wheelchair too but he'll probably be out for six months with a fracture from a Christmas cracker.) Derail their title bid.

Win-Win-Win.

Our Third Round @FA Cup tie away against Arsenal will kick-off at 5.15pm on Saturday 4th January, live on ITV1
In the event of a replay, the match has provisionally been scheduled for Wed 15 January (KO 7.45pm) but remains subject to change

Not a snowball's chance of it going to members IMO.

What are the odds of them giving us 9k? Didn't we give them the maximum entitlement at the lane in the league cup (early round) a couple of years back?

We always do for some reason, but those ****ers never give us the official 15% allocation due to "policing issues". Cheating pricks.

Draw at best them get them back to the lane and finish the job. Can't see us winning.

Naturally wouldnt mind if we did progress via a replay, but I'd rather this tie was resolved one way or the other at the first time of asking.
The last thing we need in January will be another midweek fixture...well providing we beat West Ham

Back