• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Arsenal (A)

how deserved.

Who cares, we'll win it the proper way next year. Na I think it's tough when you play someone like this at the very beginning. Even if you win as we did up at Anfield you end up losing against a lesser side in a future round.

Honestly it doesn't matter, the draw has been made and that's that. Arsenal away, we'll deal with them when the time and comes and we'll make a hell of a racket too

damn, will be on holiday for that

edit : good omen though, i was in Mexico for the 2-3 game the other year!

Who cares, we'll win it the proper way next year. Na I think it's tough when you play someone like this at the very beginning. Even if you win as we did up at Anfield you end up losing against a lesser side in a future round.

Honestly it doesn't matter, the draw has been made and that's that. Arsenal away, we'll deal with them when the time and comes and we'll make a hell of a racket too

I'd much rather we defeated Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea on the way to the final then absolute **** that we'd no doubt struggle to get past anyway.

I'd much rather we defeated Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea on the way to the final then absolute **** that we'd no doubt struggle to get past anyway.

Of course, everyone would love that but the probability of that is probably minuscule. Of course if we did it we'd remember that as one of our best cup wins ever

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Shame Adam has come back from his Derby loan.
Apart from the NLD can't see an obvious TV game...maybe Liverpool V Oldham if they win?

Bolton v Blackpool ! Was the most famous final of all.

Yep! Which is exactly why winning the league cup in 2008 was so good. City away, **** over two legs and Chelski at Wembley, it was really a cup worth celebrating!
**** draw for us, but I don't mind, it will definitely be more exciting than a game against Crowley (although those games obviously have their charm).

Give anything to see this game, but **** never give us the full allocation, so although we should be allowed 15% of capacity, ie 9000, they won't allow more than 6500 I reckon, and my loyalty points probably won't make the cut-off. Still looking forward to it though, love to win this one.

This. It's a cup competition not the league so with the luck of the draw we want to play against lower division sides in the early rounds; like we did when we last won the cup back in 1991 when we played Blackpool, Oxford Utd, Portsmouth and Notts County on the way to that memorable SF against ARSEnal.
We also won the cup when we played Woolwich the last and only time in the 3rd round back in 1982. It actually doesn't matter who we play as long as we win all 6 rounds.

They will 100% shaft us yet again over the allocation, should be 9k will be lucky to get 5.5k !!!!!

Shouldnt be allowed to get away with it every time

they gave west ham 9k iirc in the cup recently

the allocation issue is that both clubs have to agree in advance and the away side has to offer the same % for a replay. So, if for example we say actually we can only offer 10% of 36000 then Arsenal only have to offer us 10% of the emirates and visa versa.

I think the issue a few years ago in the 2 legged League Cup Semi was that they didnt feel they could accommodate 9000 travelling fans for a high key security game (There are natural built in segregations). Perhaps Chelsea was not considered such a high profile game from a security perspective so were happy to allocate 9k to them. It wont come as much of a surprise but I know from our secuirty perspective West Ham is considered greater risk than Arsenal.

Therefore I would be amazed if we got 9k tickets for this game - more likely to be standard away end allocation.

I love the draw, it'd be brilliant to dump them out on their own ground!

If we lose, it'll be horrible, but I love these games to be honest. It's what football is all about. I think AVB has been a bit unlucky on our last two visits there, we are due a lucky break next time.

great draw...the fa cup is no longer our darling, hasnt been for long, so im not too bothered if we go out. At least we can take a huge mob of fans over there, the atmosphere will be electric, weve got nothing to lose and actually i think we will perform well considering how our team is set up atm

great draw...the fa cup is no longer our darling, hasnt been for long, so im not too bothered if we go out. At least we can take a huge mob of fans over there, the atmosphere will be electric, weve got nothing to lose and actually i think we will perform well considering how our team is set up atm

If we do go out, then firstly I want it be at their place, not ours in a replay, January could be a busy month already, but a 3rd round exit would mean a free weekend before the home match v Emirates Marketing Project, which could prove vital.
Naturally I would prefer us to win, but again, if we win, I want it to be at their place, again, we could without an additional game

I love it; if we win, we've dumped Arsenal out of the Cup. If we lose, Arsenal have a bigger fixture list and with little squad depth.

Plus I love our games against them, it's the real essence of football for me, the hard fought, tough tackling and passionate derby. I'd love to be there, just wish that there was any chance whatsoever for me to get a ticket.

Predictions for televised ties...

Sat 12.45pm Us
Sat 5.30pm Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Cardiff City
Sun 1.30pm Derby v Chelsea
Sun 4.00pm Man United v Swansea City

What a January!!

Wednesday 1st January -- Man Utd (A)
Saturday 4th January -- Arsenal (A)
Tuesday 7th January -- League Cup Semi?
Saturday 11th January -- Crystal Palace (H)
Sunday 19th January -- Swansea (A)
Wednesday 22nd January -- League Cup Semi?
Wednesday 29th January -- Emirates Marketing Project (H)

I think the following month is the usual League Cup final date too (if we get there), not to mention the Europa League knockout stages which are played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now!!

Back