• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup SF Ticket Details

It is, but I also think it qualifies us to have rather a larger reward given we typically take time off work, have to spend time away from family, and spend four or five times as much for the likes of those games as - say - Wigan/Bolton/Norwich/etc. I think that deserves a higher number of LPs than a "regular" Premier League away day.

I completely understand that perspective, but in the 20 odd years that I've been going to games I've never seen attending a Spurs match as something I need to be rewarded for. I would actually change things to 1pt per game, but I can see how the 3 and 5 point offers are there to help market less popular games.

I just don't see it as a sacrifice in any way, it's a decision I've taken to do something for my own pleasure however bad we've been in the past.

Here we go again..... I reckon my 756 LPs as an ST holder count for plenty, and frankly, whether people like it or not, more than 756 do for a member. There, I've said it. I get your grievance on STs with next to nothing vs a member with umpteen hundred - makes no odds to me on that front. I'd be confident of still getting tickets for almost all games (failed through official channels for Dublin this year, which was the first time since Nijmegen.....). Although I do still wonder why people with that number of LPs don't have an ST - sorry, I am just totally ignorant on this front having never known anything else for the last "GHod knows how many years".

But thanks for tarring us all with the brush for ****s anyway. Appreciate it.

but it IS the same brush. Its not personal, its a system and systems have flaws. Members cant miss games and keep the points, ST holders whatever the circumstances will keep the points. The club has its revenue, it has no interest in sorting this issue out so like it or not, all members like myself will not be able to compete. Its just one of those things really, I tried years ago to ask the club to take a look at this and got a rather rude response!

When I get mine as im about 3000 on the list, I will do the same because I cant always go because of work. If they change the system ill be happy with that as well. But at the moment an ST holder wont rock the boat, why would they!

The LP system on the other hand might be an utterly flawed and badly policed system which is ripe for touting, but it may be the only system which works to some extent, and actually reward loyalty. The old cup voucher system was fine but easily ripped off.

The only way to reward loyalty is to have a photocard which scans, like an oyster, once inside the stadium by a steward and it should apply to all, not just members. How many turnstiles? 40 maybe? all you need is a scanner and a link to a computer. ticketholder scans, proves hes in the ground. simples.

edit - this wont get any better when we expand to 60,000.

I’ve had a membership on and off for a few years dating back to 1995, due to work commitments, university I haven’t always been able to go and haven’t always renewed my membership. However this year I have been able to go to 10+ games, including Europa League games, as well as games vs Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd.

I however doubt that I will get a ticket for the semi final as I have less than 100 points on my membership, but that won’t stop me applying, and keeping my fingers crossed!

And Chelsea will also be at home on the Tuesday night game, not like they have to travel overnight on a plane like we had to. Teams have been playing games only 48 hours apart during the Xmas period for years, in fact, teams used to play Xmas Day AND Boxing Day, why is it so hard now all of a sudden?

they are away 1st leg

One of the benefits of getting a season ticket is that your almost guaranteed cup finals and semi finals, it's a selling point of getting one!

A mate of mine was on the season ticket waiting list for a season, then when a half season ticket came available in about 2004 he took it. I'm not totally sure how he came about getting it, but it can't just have been luck. I seem to remember half season tickets always used to be advertised, maybe he just applied for one, all I know is that it was very simple for him.

Season ticket holders have probably had their tickets for years, so they'd have seen the bad times of the 90's early 2000's, if they're willing to stump up a grand a season through those years then they deserve to get priority over someone whose just decided they'd like to start attending more games now we've turned good !

It's the people who were too young to go during the bad times and are only old enough to go now we're good I feel sorry for, but you can't please everyone, they just have to wait 3 years then they'll get one in the new stadium.

The current loyalty point system is far and away the fairest way to do it. You can't please everyone, but you just have to be as fair as you can and the current system is. I've missed out on European tickets I'd have liked to have gone to but that's the way it is, I understand some people go to more games than me and spend more money than me on it so they deserve to go more than me.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

Yep. The current loyalty points system might not be perfect. But there is no perfect. It's as fair as it can be.

And it'll be fairer still once we get the new stadium. I reckon that pretty much anyone who wants a season ticket at the new stadium will get one.

By the way, the loyalty points system wasn't introduced until 2002 (though it was backdated five years), after consultation between the new owners of the club and the newly formed Supporters Trust.

^^^^^^^

Yep. The current loyalty points system might not be perfect. But there is no perfect. It's as fair as it can be.

And it'll be fairer still once we get the new stadium. I reckon that pretty much anyone who wants a season ticket at the new stadium will get one.

By the way, the loyalty points system wasn't introduced until 2002 (though it was backdated five years), after consultation between the new owners of the club and the newly formed Supporters Trust.

I think photocards and oyster scanners are easily implementable and cheap, and would improve the rewarding of loyalty by virtue of being scanned by the person once in the ground.

LP will still apply to away games and Wembley, regardless of the size of the new stadium. There will always be a scrum

*edit, this plan isnt miles away from what Thatcher had in mind in the mid 80s!

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

It's a largely decent system, but I wouldn't go that far. There's at least one gaping hole in it that I'm aware of, and that is season ticket holders who 'downgrade' to membership effectively have their entire loyalty history erased, and start from zero. I gave up my season ticket and missed out on the 2008 final as a result. The club aren't interested, though.

I think photocards and oyster scanners are easily implementable and cheap, and would improve the rewarding of loyalty by virtue of being scanned by the person once in the ground.

LP will still apply to away games and Wembley, regardless of the size of the new stadium. There will always be a scrum

*edit, this plan isnt miles away from what Thatcher had in mind in the mid 80s!

Having to look carefully at photo cards to assess whether the card actually belonged to the person presenting it would take too long. And it would require greater numbers of more highly trained (and therefore more expensive) stewards.

Unless you're suggesting a photo system such as they have at some airports? But that would be a major added expense too. And those systems are also slow and would cause long queues.

Even though the club have stressed that when you get your application in doesn't affect your chances of success, everyone still piles on the second the clock hits 09:30 :)

I have been queuing for bloody ages to have the privilege of APPLYING for a ticket :ross:

Even though the club have stressed that when you get your application in doesn't affect your chances of success, everyone still piles on the second the clock hits 09:30 :)

petrols running dry as well, despite no strike announced.

Back