• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup semifinal draw on Sunday

Yep - they always rig them so there are derby matches in the semis (and north-south finals).

There has only ever been one all-London final (us-Chelsea in '67), which is incredible considering the size and cup history of us, Arsenal and Chelsea.

west ham - fulham
west ham -Arsenal
us- QPR
arse - chelsea

fudge me you're good

accurate as ever

west ham - fulham
west ham -Arsenal
us- QPR
arse - chelsea

fudge me you're good

accurate as ever

Don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy and don't forget the Arse-Chelsea one only happened because one of the other semi-finalists was a small London team ;)

Plus you've got all those club Wembley douche bags who only watch about a third of any event that is held there and spend the rest of the time in their posh suites.

Don't let your own inferiority complex cloud your judgement. The guys I know who have Club Wembley tickets are also long term season ticket holders at the clubs they support, including a couple who are Spurs.

The fact is that the best seats at Wembley are on the Club level. Most of the people who have them are football fans who have done well for themselves.

Edit: plus most of the Club Wembley seats don't come with a suite.... they access on to a concourse where there are a mix of corporate entertainment areas/restaurants, but also some bar/food service areas that are only slightly different from those on the regular levels.

Last edited:
Cant preorder drinks? What does that matter its a football ground ffs not a restaurant

To be fair the act of preordering of drinks isn't a big deal, I sat in the Paxton Upper as a change for the Stevenage game and saw it being offered. Plenty of people miss the end of the first half, or start of the next at WHL to buy or finish their beer because the service is so slow at half time.

Don't let your own inferiority complex cloud your judgement. The guys I know who have Club Wembley tickets are also long term season ticket holders at the clubs they support, including a couple who are Spurs.

The fact is that the best seats at Wembley are on the Club level. Most of the people who have them are football fans who have done well for themselves.

Edit: plus most of the Club Wembley seats don't come with a suite.... they access on to a concourse where there are a mix of corporate entertainment areas/restaurants, but also some bar/food service areas that are only slightly different from those on the regular levels.

If they're such great fans, then why do most of them not even seem to care about missing 10-15 minutes of each half?

Chelsea want to play on the saturday 2pm ko apparently, cant see the FA making Liverpool play on the Hillsborough date (15th)

Chelsea want to play on the saturday 2pm ko apparently, cant see the FA making Liverpool play on the Hillsborough date (15th)

I would much prefer Sunday but id rather saturday than not playing in an FA Cup semi final.

However i would rather 4pm on the saturday and not 2pm. More drinking time and fun.

Have they stated a particular reason why Mark?

All I could think of was maybe the CL semis are on the Weds, but as they have havent played the quarter-final yet I would think that would be a non-starter.

Have they stated a particular reason why Mark?

All I could think of was maybe the CL semis are on the Weds, but as they have havent played the quarter-final yet I would think that would be a non-starter.

Especially as the 15th April is the anniversary date of Hillsborough

Liverpool have always had special dispensation to avoid matches on that date and boss Kenny Dalglish is confident the Football Association will agree to schedule their tie on the Saturday.

"We won't play on the 15th," he said. "The FA and Uefa have always been exemplary and very supportive, and that's
great credit to them."

This is why itll be the sunday if we get through...

chelsea's semi final is scheduled for weds 18th. no reason they can't play sunday

rather presumptious of them assuming they'll beat benfica

bit like us assuming we're in the semi finals !

If they're such great fans, then why do most of them not even seem to care about missing 10-15 minutes of each half?

Nobody said they were 'great' fans. I'm saying they're mostly normal fans.

Forget the corporate sections, you'll see the same thing just before and after half time in the concourses behind the standard seats in all four stands at White Hart Lane every week. Or how about the people who start leaving before the end whatever the score, so that they don't get caught in traffic?

From the comment about 'suites' I can only assume you don't know what the facilities are actually like.

Nobody said they were 'great' fans. I'm saying they're mostly normal fans.

Forget the corporate sections, you'll see the same thing just before and after half time in the concourses behind the standard seats in all four stands at White Hart Lane every week. Or how about the people who start leaving before the end whatever the score, so that they don't get caught in traffic?

From the comment about 'suites' I can only assume you don't know what the facilities are actually like.

Suites, corporate entertainment, bars, you know what I was getting at.

There is a massive difference between those club wembley "supporters" and most other football fans. You're right about people leaving early at all games, but you will not see a huge, vacant section of seats 15 minutes into the second half at most grounds like you see in the middle of the lower tier at Wembley at every game. For your information, I've sat directly next to one the club Wembley sections on more than one occasion. They seem like your typical prawn sandwich phalanx.

Suites, corporate entertainment, bars, you know what I was getting at.

There is a massive difference between those club wembley "supporters" and most other football fans. You're right about people leaving early at all games, but you will not see a huge, vacant section of seats 15 minutes into the second half at most grounds like you see in the middle of the lower tier at Wembley at every game. For your information, I've sat directly next to one the club Wembley sections on more than one occasion. They seem like your typical prawn sandwich phalanx.

Completely disagree on that part. All of the guys I know who have Club Wembley seats are also regular season ticket holders at the clubs they follows, including a large number at Spurs. Most of the people they invite have more than a passing interest too. Knowing the layout at Wembley quite well, unless having a large chip on your shoulder makes you eligible for the disabled section then you probably weren't close enough to make much of a judgement.

I only know Wembley Nou from watching on TV, and it is strangely awe-inspiring and not awe-inspiring at the same time.

I see the huge stands, the 90k+ capacity, the way the pitch is like an amphitheatre with 4 sides...it's incredible.

And yet...and yet...something just isn't right. I thought that as matches clocked up I'd warm to it. But it just hasn't happened. For some weird reason the awe-inspiring parts are more than the underwhelming sum.

Completely disagree on that part. All of the guys I know who have Club Wembley seats are also regular season ticket holders at the clubs they follows, including a large number at Spurs. Most of the people they invite have more than a passing interest too. Knowing the layout at Wembley quite well, unless having a large chip on your shoulder makes you eligible for the disabled section then you probably weren't close enough to make much of a judgement.

:ross:

Chip on my shoulder? Even if I earned ?ú100k a year, I'd still rather sit with the proper fans than sit with the club Wembley lot. Would you like to answer my question instead of keep dodging it? Why do so many of them seem not bothered about missing 10-15 minutes of each half?

Back