• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 5th Round - home to Palace

I went to all those Wimbledon games :D

There was something similar with Bolton one year as well iirc
The days when Bolton suddenly could afford Djorkaeff and Campo and Okocha et al... It would be SUCH a shame if that club was to spiral into financial collapse wouldn't it? I'm sure there are 20 clubs that did not overextend themselves so much, who spent more in line with what they could afford, who could not get into the Prem... Who would be pleased to see Bolton collapse in the same way I am keen to see Leeds and Cheatski fold. Karma, beeatch

Knew it was coming, was stood at work with a bunch of Leicester fans, watching the draw. As soon as we came out my words were "number 22 Leicester City" and as if by magic, it happened. Knew it. And, as can be expected, all i got for the remainder of the evening was its gonna' be like last season all over again.

I think Poch and the team will be well up for this; i think it irks them that they lost the FA Cup game last season in the last 10 mins the way they did and also the way we gave away our lead within a minute earlier this season.

I predict a 3-1 win to us. COYS.

<<Of course this is assuming that there are no major injuries for us between now and then....:oops:>>

I agree those were magical time. They were from a different football environment when the FA Cup and Title were not so far apart in terms of importance. Some would argue that back then the FA cup was a important as any league title and the European competitions were in some ways detached from the fans priorities until the mid nineties.

I dont think the cups have retained their importance purely because of the amount of TV coverage. Since Friday I could have watched 9! live games (I actually watched 6 + U21s last) Back in 91' it was the semi, final and MOTD in a whole year with a couple of league cup nights.

Some would say it just too much football. But I loves saturday evening when Bournemouth got one over the chaves and when Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored I was over the moon. I love football and sadly my WHL days are very few now due to lousy wheelchair viewing area. Mind I would love to get a wembley final tickets.
But times and footballs priorities have changed and it a far more global game. I think Spurs will be playing EPL game in the Far East and America within 10 years.
Stephen, I really hope that the new stadium caters for fans like you, and you once again experience the buzz of a live game. I agree with you that the magic of the cup has been tainted by wall to wall footie. It used to be the annual football game live on TV that kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday after about 6 hours of live build up with cup final Question of Sport, Cup Final Swap Shop and other tied in programmes. It was magic, and throughout the 70s we were never involved! 81 was so, so special because I got to see my team twice on TV in 5 days.

I would still love to win it... it's the oldest and best knock out cup competition in the world!

they don't need to announce it do they?

it'll be the liverpool game, the united game, and the highest ranking all PL game

Well yes, would be nice to know in advance what day we are playing. Fans need to be book hotels/train/flights in advance. the later it is left uncertain the dearer they become.
Just dont see why the choices cannot be confirmed within 48hrs (72hrs latest).

Then again, that would be showing some consideration to the people who pay good money to watch football, and we cant be having that....

Well yes, would be nice to know in advance what day we are playing. Fans need to be book hotels/train/flights in advance. the later it is left uncertain the dearer they become.
Just dont see why the choices cannot be confirmed within 48hrs (72hrs latest).

Then again, that would be showing some consideration to the people who pay good money to watch football, and we cant be having that....

my post was satirical

although, seeing as you bring it up, the reason it's delayed is because of the concern for "the people who pay good money", not the great unwashed that actually go to the stadium who just pay "average money"

my post was satirical

although, seeing as you bring it up, the reason it's delayed is because of the concern for "the people who pay good money", not the great unwashed that actually go to the stadium who just pay "average money"

I am the latter to be fair

Third Round Proper

Exeter City v Liverpool
7.55pm Friday 8 January
Live on BBC 1

Wycombe Wanderers v Aston Villa
12.45pm Saturday 9 January
Live on BT Sport 2

Manchester United v Sheffield United
5.30pm Saturday 9 January
Live on BT Sport 2

Chelsea v Leyton Orient or Sclamhorpe United
2pm, Sunday 10 January
Live on BT Sport 2

Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
4pm Sunday 10 January
Live on BBC 1

The FA live broadcast fee for each fixture is £144,000 per club, while all third round winning sides receive £67,500 from The FA prize fund.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv#FSmXwWMkp8s6rEsg.99

United shown live, the shock of it

No surprise we are on, but how about that trip for the scousers on a friday night......I am not laughing, honest

they don't need to announce it do they?

it'll be the liverpool game, the united game, and the highest ranking all PL game

Third Round Proper

Exeter City v Liverpool
7.55pm Friday 8 January
Live on BBC 1

Manchester United v Sheffield United
5.30pm Saturday 9 January
Live on BT Sport 2

Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
4pm Sunday 10 January
Live on BBC 1

they are nothing if not predictable

I for one am absolutely delighted that those fudging clams have to travel all that way on a friday night, hopefully after an embarrassing exit

Those two bt sport games are a shocking choice(man ure and chelski),i know they are desperate for viewers but still....theirs at least half dozen more games with a more shock value.

Back