• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** FA Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project **

Bentancur is just back from injury, playing with Peh instead of Sarr or Bissouma, no son.
What would be interesting to see and I don't think we have been able to is Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur, maddison and glc rotating in their best roles and fully fit.
We've always had to have a Peh or skipp in there or as the sub.
GLC will never work because he won’t stay fit
Him and Pierre for different reasons need replacing. That fixes a lot of issues there straight away
Said it to my mates that if Pierre is our stand out midfielder with the ball (which he was) the other two have to be poor (which they were)

Don't agree that Walker made Udogie look like a schoolboy,we must have been watching different games. Udogie had two to deal with most of the time and more than held his own ,especially one on ones , he has a good game.
I’m with you on that one
Walker left Werner on his own and gambled but we didn’t exploit that space. Destiny dealt with Walker and Foden relatively comfortably considering

Him and Pierre for different reasons need replacing. That fixes a lot of issues there straight away
Said it to my mates that if Pierre is our stand out midfielder with the ball (which he was) the other two have to be poor (which they were)
Peh was my motm, and I really don't rate the guy.
I like glc but injuries, just not reliable, but he is a better fit than skipp or peh.
Bentancur just back after long lay off, new guy in timo in front of him, Johnson is not in form, kulu not his usual position and in the same situation with timo and Johnson.
I feel that having Bentancur and vdv back has shifted the focus from the fact that we are still missing three key players and that vdv and Bentancur are not match fit.

Peh was my motm, and I really don't rate the guy.
I like glc but injuries, just not reliable, but he is a better fit than skipp or peh.
Bentancur just back after long lay off, new guy in timo in front of him, Johnson is not in form, kulu not his usual position and in the same situation with timo and Johnson.
I feel that having Bentancur and vdv back has shifted the focus from the fact that we are still missing three key players and that vdv and Bentancur are not match fit.
VDV was outstanding for me
I do wonder if this winter break, not being a proper one really doesn’t help anyone

He was, still not totally up to match speed I would think, which is quite scary.
very scary when you see him just clean up
It’s why city stopped playing through the middle IMO
They kept going wide to pull it back (their standard against blow blocks) but it meant they stopped shooting

VDV was pretty good, did make that block near the end, but that was only needed because he'd lost KDB in the first place to leave the pass open.

Don't agree that Walker made Udogie look like a schoolboy,we must have been watching different games. Udogie had two to deal with most of the time and more than held his own ,especially one on ones , he has a good game.

Agreed especially in the first half. He always has a hard job often left with two players but he stopped most of what was coming in.

I was disappointed offensively from him in the 2nd half. He's a cool and collected character on the ball and I like that, but maybe he was a little too nonchalant and could have released the ball a couple of times and just got shutdown. One time in particular where he just seemed to lie down for an age after losing the ball on what could have been a promising attack.

I felt for Werner yesterday, with Destiny and Kulu not even trying to find him, through no fault of Timo's, he may as well not have been there....

Lo Celso needs to go, when we need him he is hardly fit.

VDV was outstanding for me
I do wonder if this winter break, not being a proper one really doesn’t help anyone
I think as has been mentioned Bentancur isn't truly match fit and in form, Maddison has just started training with the first 11 this week. It was very unlikely he would be up to speed straight away.

VDV was a beast. It's funny having not seen him and Romero together for so long I'd kind of forgotten how good and complimentary they are together. I'm very happy with our backline, I can't see anything that I'd really want to change.

Last night was something I didn't thing I'd see under Ange: Dull.
We struggled to get out of our own half, we misplaced pass after pass. Defensively it was heroic but boy was the midfield poor: the offensive side of our game was non-existant. As others have said, this wasn't the game for Bentacur and Kulu to have an off day, and Walker made Udogie look like a schoolboy. Hopefully a blip, but we are going to have to play much much better to beat Brentford.
The only good thing was the Nepalese curry I had at Euston before the game...delicious :)
I hate Emirates Marketing Project with a vengeance but let's be honest, they were different level last night. Brilliantly drilled, brilliantly slick and brilliantly tactical but - and here's the rub - also brilliantly cynical. The official foul count was 9-19 but that excludes the number of times the ref inexplicably failed to blow his whistle.

We all know that whenever anyone looks like getting past the halfway line there is no team more systematic than City at chopping you down.

So it's about time this pernicious tactic was punished more severely. For example, how about experimenting with the following rule change?

Whenever a FK is awarded for a deliberate tactical foul,

(1) require every opposition player to stay behind the ball until the FK has been taken

whilst at the same time

(2) temporarily suspend the offside rule like we currently do for throw-ins

This could allow an attacking player to receive the ball from a FK whilst standing in an offside position. Immediately following, of course, the offside rule would automatically come back into effect.

It works well enough for throw-ins so why not for FKs ?

Such a move might go some way towards reducing the cynical exploitation of the tactical foul whilst also (hopefully) restoring the balance in favour of the attacking team.

I hate Emirates Marketing Project with a vengeance but let's be honest, they were different level last night. Brilliantly drilled, brilliantly slick and brilliantly tactical but - and here's the rub - also brilliantly cynical. The official foul count was 9-19 but that excludes the number of times the ref inexplicably failed to blow his whistle.

We all know that whenever anyone looks like getting past the halfway line there is no team more systematic than City at chopping you down.

So it's about time this pernicious tactic was punished more severely. For example, how about experimenting with the following rule change?

Whenever a FK is awarded for a deliberate tactical foul,

(1) require every opposition player to stay behind the ball until the FK has been taken

whilst at the same time

(2) temporarily suspend the offside rule like we currently do for throw-ins

This could allow an attacking player to receive the ball from a FK whilst standing in an offside position. Immediately following, of course, the offside rule would automatically come back into effect.

It works well enough for throw-ins so why not for FKs ?

Such a move might go some way towards reducing the cynical exploitation of the tactical foul whilst also (hopefully) restoring the balance in favour of the attacking team.

If a team plays as well as you are suggesting they did they would win by a cricket score.

They bundled one in late from a corner. Could have gone either way imo, we had as many chances to play a key final pass as they did.

I think they are a long way from their best of previous years.

Haaland is a big miss, he’s fantastic, but would they have got him the ball any more than they got it to Alvarez?

I am gutted as i really wanted and thought we would have a run at winning this cup. Bad day at the office for us but we are on the right track.

@tommysvr @90291Spur @Surfless and others, I want to apologise for my conduct in this thread after the game.

I'd indulged in far too many post-work Friday drinks and acted a complete tit... No real excuse, but there you go.

Ultimately this is all I need today:

"But I've said before that can't chart my course of what I want to build here. I want to build a team that brings success and challenges for trophies every year, because while one trophy will satisfy that thirst, which I understand, if the following year we struggle and fall back to mediocrity then it will quickly get forgotten and that's not what this club is about.

My goal when I was brought in was to take this club to be a club which competes for honours every year and that's what I'm focused on. This game is part of that process obviously, but I'm under no illusions of what bringing a trophy to this club means to the supporters, I understand that, but my objective within that is to give them that joy on a regular basis and not just as a one-off."

How can you not be on board with such sentiments? Onwards and upwards, let's go again on Wednesday.

Also negligence? This angle makes me feel like it was deffo a foul... :(

foul or not, and I'm not sure it should be just because its on the keeper, we are still doing plenty wrong there

should be one of our players putting themselves between Vic and the attacker, also, VDV needs to keep focus on Ake, Romero is there, he doesn't need to spin, just stay goal side of your man and don't leave him an easy tap in

foul or not, and I'm not sure it should be just because its on the keeper, we are still doing plenty wrong there

should be one of our players putting themselves between Vic and the attacker, also, VDV needs to keep focus on Ake, Romero is there, he doesn't need to spin, just stay goal side of your man and don't leave him an easy tap in
It’s a foul for me because he jumps into the keeper and doesn’t attempt to go for the ball
People saying w should have a defender in there haven’t seen our set up. It’s all designed to give Vic the chance to come for the ball like he does for every corner

It’s a foul for me because he jumps into the keeper and doesn’t attempt to go for the ball
People saying w should have a defender in there haven’t seen our set up. It’s all designed to give Vic the chance to come for the ball like he does for every corner

If he jumps into an outfield player like that nobody bats an eyelid.

If that’s the plan, it’s not working imo.

Back