• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2014/15

Chelski v Watford - expect to see the SF in 1970 at WHL featured, or the mud pie as it was that week/season.

Some interesting ties in there.

Wimbledon v Liverpool
Arsenal v Hull
Burnley v Tottenham

all previous finals too

Hopefully a Saturday 3pm for you, would expect there are more attractive TV games. 3rd round is all about teams that are divisions apart.

Some interesting ties in there.

Wimbledon v Liverpool
Arsenal v Hull
Burnley v Tottenham

all previous finals too

And Sunderland v Leeds

Hopefully a Saturday 3pm for you, would expect there are more attractive TV games. 3rd round is all about teams that are divisions apart.

And Sunderland v Leeds

Given that we'll have played Chelski on the Thursday @ 17:30, I can see this being a Sunday/Monday fixture. Sat 10th then at Palarce

Premier League clubs are bracing themselves for fixture carnage over the seasonal period after their request to delay the Third Round of the FA Cup was rejected.

The Premier League asked the FA to put back the third round by a week when they put together this year’s calendar because there is a full fixture list on Jan 1 – two days before the top flight teams begin their cup campaign.

The Third Round draw – which takes place next Monday – will schedule games from January 3. That will force some managers to make wholesale changes to their line-ups as in some cases they will have no time to hold training sessions before their tie.

The FA would not alter its schedule pointing out the traditional home of the third round is historically established – the first weekend of the new year - so it was not for them to make the change. The compromise will be a vast number of games shifted to Sunday and Monday evening, those decisions obviously being determined once the draw is made with broadcasters and police forces having their say regarding who plays when.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/11271739/Premier-League-clubs-fail-in-attempt-to-get-FA-Cup-third-round-fixtures-moved-to-a-new-date.html

TRADITION is the key word

Teams used to play on consecutive days over Christmas if my memory serves correct.

New Years Day is correct for the PL

First weekend in January for the FA Cup

Everyone just needs to get over it.

Teams used to play on consecutive days over Christmas if my memory serves correct.

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did.

In fact I am pretty sure in the past teams used to play 3 matches in 4 days at Easter, but GHod forbid a modern-day footballer on 60k a week so be asked to play 2 days running.

Must admit I had forgot about the NYD fixture, dont mind playing us Sunday, but Monday night will be a real pain, even moreso for they guys and gals travelling up from London

And cup replays could go on & on. Has anyone the fixture list for our double year, or for 64/5 (50yrs back) ?. You telll the youngsters, and they don't believe you !

Adam Le Fondre on the bench for Cardiff. Another flavour of the month we missed out on.

Iwan Roberts featuring a big, bushy beard and those large frame hipster glasses as a pundit. Ah, the horror. Who on earth would think that would look good on tv?

Iwan Roberts featuring a big, bushy beard and those large frame hipster glasses as a pundit. Ah, the horror. Who on earth would think that would look good on tv?

People younger, cooler and more in line with modern fashion than yourself ;)

I think something the Twunt said is worth noting:

It is great to see Wimbledon keeping this tie at Kingsmeadow, with a capacity of under 5,000, rather than moving it to a bigger stadium.

Credit to them for trying to reward their loyal fans, but I cannot see home advantage helping Wimbledon too much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30658005

They really have given up a substantial some by keeping the game at their home ground. If they could get an extra 20k at say £25 that's an extra an extra quarter million for them, which probably makes a difference in League Two. Hope they get at least a replay.

Some Liverpool fans are probably complaining about how unfair it is they only get a few tickets.

floodlights have just gone out at charlton, all the players back in the changing rooms

non league football eh

Back