• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

If Spurs enter into this, I no longer have a club. I'm out. It will no longer be a sporting competition, just a commercial franchise.

Out of what? Watching us flatter to deceive whilst our bitter rivals hoover up trophies laughing at our expense?

Year after year after year

If Spurs enter into this, I no longer have a club. I'm out. It will no longer be a sporting competition, just a commercial franchise.

I obviously can't speak for you, but having those sort of feelings are a lot more understandable given where we are today - ie. when a lot of us feel more distant from teh team than we ever have done and less connected with the club. No way of proving it either way but I think if this had of happened the year we reached the CL final, then feeling may have been quite different

I obviously can't speak for you, but having those sort of feelings are a lot more understandable given where we are today - ie. when a lot of us feel more distant from teh team than we ever have done and less connected with the club. No way of proving it either way but I think if this had of happened the year we reached the CL final, then feeling may have been quite different
No.

The Premier league and sky have been busy removing the soul from football for a good 25 years. This just takes it one step further

Like it or otherwise, does anyone else find it slightly odd we’ve been invited to this thing?

Well, Levy would have elbowed his way in. If this separation does happen, clubs included it in will be far richer, and those excluded will be poorer. If you look at it from a pure financial perspective, you'd opt to be included. And had we not gone for this, it would have happened without us

Last edited:
If Spurs truly are part of this - then I cant watch them. This move in my mind stands for all that is currently wrong with football. Is there a London club located in the same catchment area in the lower leagues?

Well, Levy would have elbowed his way in. If this separation does happen, clubs included it in will be far richer, and then excluded will be poorer. If you look at it from a pure financial perspective, you'd opt to be included. And had we not gone for this, it would have happened without us

I’m not saying I’m either for it or against it, just find it strange we’ve been invited to the party

Well I guess we are at the end of something here I just hope it’s not Spurs.

I’m really shocked how many of you guys are okay with this it will be a disaster.

Just shows how vital the new stadium is to Spur's persona. In old WHL GHod bless her, we wouldn't have been in the picture for this money league. And it is money-driven. Money over sport. That founding teams take more money out than the 5 teams who join them and can be relegated, creates a two-tier setup.

Clubs being able to sell some streams to their own games, plus a more elite competition with fewer games, are developments that make sense.

As others have said, we have to keep our finger in and be part of the conversation, which these 15 clubs know is a way to create leverage for their own interests if nothing else.

If Spurs truly are part of this - then I cant watch them. This move in my mind stands for all that is currently wrong with football. Is there a London club located in the same catchment area in the lower leagues?

I'm sure we will be part of this, but its a question of what 'this' is.

One option is as it appear now - ESL and teams really do separate from UEFA, PL, La Liga. ESL takes the £$£$£$, whilst PL etc become poorer

Other option is that ESL, under whatever name you care to call it, happens with clubs staying in their domestic league and some face saving happens

Personally, I really doubt the former will happen and given the status quo I think is now impossible, it leads you to the second option

Just shows how vital the new stadium is to Spur's persona. In old WHL GHod bless her, we wouldn't have been in the picture for this money league. And it is money-driven. Money over sport. That founding teams take more money out than the 5 teams who join them and can be relegated, creates a two-tier setup.

Clubs being able to sell some streams to their own games, plus a more elite competition with fewer games, are developments that make sense.

As others have said, we have to keep our finger in and be part of the conversation, which these 15 clubs know is a way to create leverage for their own interests if nothing else.

yep, with the potential of a permenent NFL franchise too, which makes us a bigger commercial draw

Well I guess we are at the end of something here I just hope it’s not Spurs.

I’m really shocked how many of you guys are okay with this it will be a disaster.

Given that this announcement would have happened, would you have preferred to be in the 11, or left on the outside?

The announcement/proposal not happening isnt an option. its just where we're in, or out

Back