• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: The Race for Europe/6th Place

Our biggest mistake was taking our eyes of the league the season we were in the CL.

Need Sunderland to defend for their lives today.

The portents aren't good...

‏@OptaJoe: 23 - Sunderland are without a win in 23 league games against Manchester United (D5 L18). Paw.

Our biggest mistake was taking our eyes of the league the season we were in the CL.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton also suffered dips in the league when they had a CL season, hopefully we still have some staff left at Spurs with that experience to call upon next time we make it to the top table.

Everton have confirmed European football after our loss so hopefully they lie down to City later. A month or so back i wanted Pool to win the league but **** that.

The portents aren't good...

‏@OptaJoe: 23 - Sunderland are without a win in 23 league games against Manchester United (D5 L18). Paw.

A draw would do though and they don't have Rooney today...

bitch made Sunderland going to make me lose £50 and 'help' us get Europa. Get relegated already you bunch of liverpool loving tosspots.

ManU are dreadful. They look like they're tanking to miss the wonders of EL, like...

...Vibrant, youthful and backed by attractive spikes of jagged forested foothills, Krasnoyarsk has much more appealing setting than most typically flat Siberian cities. While its architecture is not particular strength, amid predominantly unaesthetic concrete of post-WWII industrialisation are a few outstandingly well-embellished timber mansions and sprinkling of Art Nouveau curves. Pleasant river trips and the nearby Stolby Nature Reserve as well as the region's best concrete halls, theatres and museums make Krasnoyarsk most agreeable and survivable place to break trans-Siberian journey between Tomsk (6112km west) and Lake Baikal(1827km west).

Read more: http://www.verylonelyplanet.com/russia/siberia/krasnoyarsk#ixzz30fFDqi00

Fully expect Giggs will make this travel brochure excerpt part of his half time team talk.

Last edited:

For the people who dont want us to qualify for the el - how would we feel next year watching everton get to the quarters or semis etc, playing big european teams and possibly even the winning the thing.

Personally i wouldnt be able to stomach it!

For the people who dont want us to qualify for the el - how would we feel next year watching everton get to the quarters or semis etc, playing big european teams and possibly even the winning the thing.

Personally i wouldnt be able to stomach it!

Don't think it would bother me too much, seeing as there is nothing we can do about them qualifying for it now and if we qualify, we will do what we do every time we qualify for it and go out at the QF stage. ;)

Don't think it would bother me too much, seeing as there is nothing we can do about them qualifying for it now and if we qualify, we will do what we do every time we qualify for it and go out at the QF stage. ;)

to be fair, for a competition we're to big or too good for or whatever, we've always done pretty crap in it haven't we :lol:

Maybe I'm not giving ManU's Europa League ambitions enough credit. The electronic advertising boards around the pitch are flashing up ads for Aeroflot.

to be fair, for a competition we're to big or too good for or whatever, we've always done pretty crap in it haven't we :lol:

Exactly!

It always makes me laugh when posters talk about how a manager should have taken it more seriously, how we should have done this or how if we'd bothered trying against Benefica, we'd have gotten through.

Seen a few posters recently trying to say we should get in as that will be our best best of getting into the CL? By winning it? :lol: We've come far far closer to CL qualification from the league (and have qualified) than we have once from the EL.

Back