• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 22/23

That was awful, if any of my kids behaved like that I wouldn't let them play for weeks, but was does it matter winning is what it's all about to most mugs.

Did you see anyone attack or harass him in the clips you chose to post? (I appreciate you didn't write the captions yourself but in particular the second one was minor at best)

By that standard, every top level ref is "harassed" every match alongside pretty much all the players by home or away fans.

Do you believe that it is acceptable behaviour and should anyone be allowed to do this when ever they like?

Do you believe that it is acceptable behaviour and should anyone be allowed to do this when ever they like?
It's not acceptable but as @spurspinter1 says, it happens in every match.

You won't convince fans it's unacceptable until you stop footballers doing it. To take away the pressure from referees, it should applied retrospectively. Have a team automatically apply a 1 match ban to anyone but the captain who approaches the ref.

Did you see anyone attack or harass him in the clips you chose to post? (I appreciate you didn't write the captions yourself but in particular the second one was minor at best)

By that standard, every top level ref is "harassed" every match alongside pretty much all the players by home or away fans.
What's this then? Physically attacking him and his family, throwing chairs at him. This is far beyond harassment!

You won't convince fans it's unacceptable until you stop footballers doing it. To take away the pressure from referees, it should applied retrospectively. Have a team automatically apply a 1 match ban to anyone but the captain who approaches the ref.

I would prefer booking any player other than the captain approaching the ref, give them a chance to improve their behaviour, if it's not working then bring in a more severe remedy, I've found giving people the chance to change helps the process rather than forcing them. I would be tougher on managers as they are reponsible for their players actions.

I think a lot more discipline should be handed out retrospectively, not just harrassing the ref but blatant cheating as well. So yes, you can get an in-game advantage with cheating and yes, you will be punished for it. Point 2: the captain AND the involved.

What's this then? Physically attacking him and his family, throwing chairs at him. This is far beyond harassment!

That's absolutely too far, I had only seen the clips initially posted in the post I responded to. It's surprising that they have refs just walking through the airport like that, you'd think there'd be more protection, better behavior from fans is the dream but security is more likely the feasible answer.

@K.D.D.D.D.Soc in terms of the what is acceptable behavior, it's a hard one for me to nail down, everyone should have the right to feel safe but also people should also be able to share their opinion. I didn't see enough of the game to comment on whether the abuse from Jose or other fans was understandable (but not necessarily acceptable in terms of laws etc)

If I saw the officials responsible for major fudge ups walking around after a game where we've been done in ie Pedro Mendes ghost goal / Nani goal after handball at Old Trafford I'd find it hard not to have vented my frustrations in a way that is unproductive as it wouldn't change anything.

That's absolutely too far, I had only seen the clips initially posted in the post I responded to. It's surprising that they have refs just walking through the airport like that, you'd think there'd be more protection, better behavior from fans is the dream but security is more likely the feasible answer.

@K.D.D.D.D.Soc in terms of the what is acceptable behavior, it's a hard one for me to nail down, everyone should have the right to feel safe but also people should also be able to share their opinion. I didn't see enough of the game to comment on whether the abuse from Jose or other fans was understandable (but not necessarily acceptable in terms of laws etc)

If I saw the officials responsible for major fudge ups walking around after a game where we've been done in ie Pedro Mendes ghost goal / Nani goal after handball at Old Trafford I'd find it hard not to have vented my frustrations in a way that is unproductive as it wouldn't change anything.
Should a ref really need protection to go to the airport, or anywhere?
That's the issue right there!

Back