• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2015/16

*That* is mental strength - Sevilla weren't good by any means, and at times I could scarcely believe how risky their playstyle is when they're in the final third, with every player expected to hold it up with no support within 30-odd yards because everyone's motoring up after defending in their half for so long. Plus, when in possession, they play longer passes than is really safe to do with regularity.

But they came back from 1-0 down, they took their chances, two bits of glorious combination play and a strike that *had* to be scored, and defended manfully even after Rami went off and a short, somewhat rusty CB (Kolo-whatever his name is) came up and faced three Liverpool forwards on the pitch at once, not to mention their wingers and wing-backs.

And, looking back, I can't believe I thought they'd lose it. *That* is mental strength, and having the desire to win it after having already done so twice....Christ. Boys, that's our archetype, who we need to emulate. Sevilla.

If anyone needs any extra reason to be delighted at that game, have a read of their Spurs thread on Rawk over the past week...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314337.2400

There's very little on there that I haven't read on here, to be honest. Except for this, which is pretty funny:

eKlMpWs.gif

3 – @SevillaFC is the first team since @FCBayern (1974-1976, European Cup) to win three major UEFA competitions in a row. Triple.
In stark contrast to the Scousers manager...

5 - Jurgen Klopp has now lost his last five major finals as a manager. Bridesmaid.

And they have the cheek to call us bottlers!

In stark contrast to the Scousers manager...

5 - Jurgen Klopp has now lost his last five major finals as a manager. Bridesmaid.

And they have the cheek to call us bottlers!

a) he's still getting to them, at least, and b) he's won a sh*teload more than Poch has. :p

It's turned out well for us, but back in the summer we chose Poch, I have to wonder how many of us would have been enthused at the prospect if we'd passed over Klopp while doing so. Much like Poch, he's the perfect manager for the modern game, but he has a bunch of trophies to boot, alongside being a genuinely amusing and warm character.

They'll be up there next season, especially since they'll have no mid-week games to focus on now. I'd suggest it is Liverpool, not United, City, the Goons or Chelsea, that will make the longest bid for the title next year.

Of course, whether they'll actually *win* it is predicated on many factors, some exclusive to that barmy club.... ;)

a) he's still getting to them, at least, and b) he's won a sh*teload more than Poch has. :p

It's turned out well for us, but back in the summer we chose Poch, I have to wonder how many of us would have been enthused at the prospect if we'd passed over Klopp while doing so. Much like Poch, he's the perfect manager for the modern game, but he has a bunch of trophies to boot, alongside being a genuinely amusing and warm character.

They'll be up there next season, especially since they'll have no mid-week games to focus on now. I'd suggest it is Liverpool, not United, City, the Goons or Chelsea, that will make the longest bid for the title next year.

Of course, whether they'll actually *win* it is predicated on many factors, some exclusive to that barmy club.... ;)

I don't think klopp is a good fit for England, if he had been a serious contender I wouldn't have wanted him.
As I remember it the shortlist before Poch was
LVG
FDB
Poch
Fsw
They would all be ahead of klopp I my list.

I don't think klopp is a good fit for England, if he had been a serious contender I wouldn't have wanted him.
As I remember it the shortlist before Poch was
LVG
FDB
Poch
Fsw
They would all be ahead of klopp I my list.

Yeah, that was basically the list of managers we were linked with the most. I personally wanted Rafa, and *still* wouldn't mind if Poch left and we needed someone in who could win us trophies, tighten up our defence and make us play on the break. But if Klopp had been available, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd have been screaming for us to go for him.

He's said before that he's a 'seven-year' manager, referring to his seven-year spells with Mainz and Dortmund. It's the long-term approach that he likes the best; personally, given that he so obviously mixes that with gegenpressing, attacking football, youth development to a reasonable degree and a pedigree of winning trophies and league titles, he's still the ideal candidate for any side. Indeed, he's even better than Pep, because you can guarantee that Pep's tactics will fail horribly with sides that don't have 11 world-class players and 11 world-class substitutes, whereas Klopp's already done it with Mainz and then Dortmund, the former a small side and the latter a formerly big club languishing in mid-table obscurity when he arrived.

It's all worked out for the best, obviously, and we have his match here in Poch; but let's not underrate Klopp.

Yeah, that was basically the list of managers we were linked with the most. I personally wanted Rafa, and *still* wouldn't mind if Poch left and we needed someone in who could win us trophies, tighten up our defence and make us play on the break. But if Klopp had been available, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd have been screaming for us to go for him.

He's said before that he's a 'seven-year' manager, referring to his seven-year spells with Mainz and Dortmund. It's the long-term approach that he likes the best; personally, given that he so obviously mixes that with gegenpressing, attacking football, youth development to a reasonable degree and a pedigree of winning trophies and league titles, he's still the ideal candidate for any side. Indeed, he's even better than Pep, because you can guarantee that Pep's tactics will fail horribly with sides that don't have 11 world-class players and 11 world-class substitutes, whereas Klopp's already done it with Mainz and then Dortmund, the former a small side and the latter a formerly big club languishing in mid-table obscurity when he arrived.

It's all worked out for the best, obviously, and we have his match here in Poch; but let's not underrate Klopp.
Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing him, I just don't think he will fit in here. And it will only be worse at Liverpool. He's to emotional for this country.

Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing him, I just don't think he will fit in here. And it will only be worse at Liverpool. He's to emotional for this country.

Am I the only one who finds him annoying - or perhaps instead, irritating? Undoubtedly he has a good pedigree as a manager, but I find myself cringing when he is interviewed. Perhaps I just prefer Poch's more measured, give-nothing-away approach.

Am I the only one who finds him annoying - or perhaps instead, irritating? Undoubtedly he has a good pedigree as a manager, but I find myself cringing when he is interviewed. Perhaps I just prefer Poch's more measured, give-nothing-away approach.
No, I'm the same. And ultimately I think that will be his undoing over here.

Back