• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2015/16

Hang on a minute. Am I getting a little confused here.

If the league table did happen to finish with both English teams successful
1/ Leics 2/Arsenal 3/City 4/Tottenham We still qualify for the CL, albeit have to play a qualifier along with Liverpool

Think I am correct in saying the only way 4th spot falls into the EL is if City finish 5th or lower

1/ Leics 2/Arsenal 3/City 4/Tottenham We still qualify for the CL, albeit have to play a qualifier along with Liverpool

Think I am correct in saying the only way 4th spot falls into the EL is if City finish 5th or lower[/QUOTE]
Correct, City and Liverpool have to be outside the top four for this to happen again

Hang on a minute. Am I getting a little confused here.

Think I am correct in saying the only way 4th spot falls into the EL is if City finish 5th or lower
Yes that's my understanding. CL and EL both need to be won by English teams finishing outside the top 4 for the 4th place CL spot to be lost.

And why are you lot stressing? We're gonna win the f****** league!

Yes you are right. I DO believe we will win it and then tonight happens and I also worry about finishing 4th. It is a bloody roller coaster of emotions.

How the hell did that happen!! I turned it off at 35mins when despite being 2-0 down and Dortmund having all the best chances Micheal Owen was saying Liverpool were the better team for the last 15mins.
Comparing Liverpools tame shots from 25 yards with mingolet just getting a slight touch to take it away from a Dortmund tap was too much and I turned it off.
Bollox

F*ck the people who say its only the Europa League, Liverpool have won far more than us and look at them celebrations, could have been us. Obviously it's exciting that we are in a title chase but i've seen negativity towards the EL from us even when we are chasing 4th spot. I can see Liverpool winning this now, and it may be alright to others that all these other teams keep winning trophys but it's not to me.

I'm fuming tbh, that late goal cost me winning £370 on a free sports bet I put on before the first legs which inlcuded City to get past PSG amongst others and the far lower odds Dortmund, the last leg of the acca is the one that goes wrong when it so comfortably looked like it was coming in.

I'm fuming tbh, that late goal cost me winning £370 on a free sports bet I put on before the first legs which inlcuded City to get past PSG amongst others and the far lower odds Dortmund, the last leg of the acca is the one that goes wrong when it so comfortably looked like it was coming in.

I'm the same. I'm £600 light thanks to these clowns.

I'm a bit envious at Liverpool after that, TBH. Friend of mine, Liverpool supporter, was at the game, and he had such a blast. Doubt he's stopped drinking yet!

We've given the Europa League more than enough cracks over the years and have fielded strong teams at the expense of our league form. This season, Poch prioritised the league. Given the number of games you have to play to win the Europa and given our history of not getting past the last 8, I still think it was the correct decision to play the team he did against Dortmund.

The FA Cup is the real trophy that got away from us. Look at the teams left in it now! We would be clear favourites had we beaten Palace.

We've given the Europa League more than enough cracks over the years and have fielded strong teams at the expense of our league form. This season, Poch prioritised the league. Given the number of games you have to play to win the Europa and given our history of not getting past the last 8, I still think it was the correct decision to play the team he did against Dortmund.

The FA Cup is the real trophy that got away from us. Look at the teams left in it now! We would be clear favourites had we beaten Palace.

agree with the first paragraph

we shouldn't waste a second on the FA cup imo

Any team that did what Liverpool did last night has to be congratulated.

Dortmund looked well beaten - I think it showed some cracks in a supposed good defence as Dortmund were made to look rushed and panicky.

Last edited:
Once again we blew the chance of picking up a trophy, if Liverpool got through to the semi - final so could we have done. Fuming that once again we are not going to put anything into our empty trophy cabinet. Not very often I say this but I am really envious of the Pool supporters this morning.

F*ck the people who say its only the Europa League, Liverpool have won far more than us and look at them celebrations, could have been us. Obviously it's exciting that we are in a title chase but i've seen negativity towards the EL from us even when we are chasing 4th spot. I can see Liverpool winning this now, and it may be alright to others that all these other teams keep winning trophys but it's not to me.

Amen to that.

Probably not now, they might have give Liverpool a game, so can see them going out as well
Well, well, well ... ahahaha ... just shows, gotta BELIEVE !

For entertainment value, EL>CL this round, dramatic games.

Footy is just such a funny ole game, can't wait to see what the draws are going to throw up.

Any team that did what Liverpool did last night has to be congratulated.

Dortmund looked well beaten - I think it showed some cracks in a supposed good defence as Dortmund were made to look rush and panicky.
Hummels admitted they were very nervous, they looked wasted at the end, total disbelief.

I do believe, I'm sure many of you would agree, our lads now are capable of doing great things - we'll win things, not just get through to the semis. Pool's work aint done yet, but they have belief in their ability (and destiny ?) now.

Roberto-Soldado-scores-to-make-it-2-1.jpg

Make us proud.

Back