• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

yeah would like to go to a Feyenoord Spurs game

OLD SKOOL!

6606.jpg

Too young for SKOOL!

feyenoord.jpg

In relation to last season’s Europa League …
UEFA has published the distribution of payments to clubs competing in the EL from the group stage onwards. The amounts for the English clubs were:

Team
Stoke City
Birmingham City
Tottenham Hotspur
Fulham
Emirates Marketing Project
Manchester United
EUR

In addition of course, the Manchester clubs earned considerable amounts from the Champions League group stages.

EL winners Atletico Madrid earned €10,517,916. Only just behind them, despite only reaching the quarter-finals, were Schalke with €10,503,481. Atletico Madrid earned more in prize money, obviously, but this was offset by Schalke earning more from the market pool (because the German TV market contributes more to the EL than the Spanish and also that the German money was shared between 2 clubs while the Spanish pool was split between 3).

Source: UEFA

The 2nd qualifying round kicks off tonight, but the draw for the next round is tomorrow.

Teams entering the competition:

Olympique de Marseille (FRA), AC Sparta Praha (CZE), AC Omonia (CYP), FC Dinamo Moskva (RUS), Bursaspor (TUR), FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU), Liverpool FC (ENG), FC Arsenal Kyiv (UKR), Dundee United FC (SCO), Hannover 96 (GER), Athletic Club (ESP), CS Marítimo (POR), sc Heerenveen (NED), FC Internazionale Milano (ITA), SK Rapid Wien (AUT), AC Horsens (DEN), PAOK FC (GRE), KRC Genk (BEL)

I don't start my new job until August 28th so I hope we are away first leg in our qualifier so I can go. I've been on some epic trips, Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona and Tallinn stick out as the top 3 in terms of the overall package.

I don't start my new job until August 28th so I hope we are away first leg in our qualifier so I can go. I've been on some epic trips, Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona and Tallinn stick out as the top 3 in terms of the overall package.

Would love Lisbon especially in September or anywhere in portugal or Spain. Going Valencia in few weeks time should be a good laugh

Dynamo Kiev will play Feyenoord in the CL 3rd qualifying round. The loser goes into the EL playoff round.

Liverpool have been drawn against the winner of FK Renova (MKD) v FC Gomel (BLR). UEFA's webstream is fudged at the moment.

Liverpool have been drawn against the winner of FK Renova (MKD) v FC Gomel (BLR). UEFA's webstream is fudged at the moment.

Such amateurs!

And they also decided not to have that pop-up window, where you could see each team getting drawn. They usually have that.

Draw for the 3rd Qualifying Round:

Athletic Bilbao (ESP)
Anzhi Makhachkala (RUS) / Honved Budapest (HUN)
Inter Baku (AZB) / Asteras Tripolis (GRE)
Rapid Bucuresti (ROM) / MyPa-47 (FIN)
Ruch Chorzow (POL) / Metalurg Skopje (MAC)
AC Horsens (DEN)
APOEL Nicosia (CYP) / FK Senica (SVK)
Inter Milan (ITA)
Vojvodina Novi Sad (SRB) / Suduva Marijampole (LIT)
Racing Genk (BEL)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SLO) / Tromso IL (NOR)
FC Twente (NED) / Inter Turku (FIN)
Bnei Yehuda (ISR) / Shirak (ARM)
AGF Aarhus (DEN) / Dila Gori (GEO)
Slovan Bratislava (SVK) / Videoton (HUN)
AIK Stockholm (SWE) / FH Hafnarfjardar (ISL)
Eskisehirspor (TUR) / St. Johnstone (SCO)
Naftan Novopolotsk (BLS) / Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
Levski Sofia (BUL) / FK Sarajevo (BOS)
Zalgiris Vilnius (LIT) / Admira Wacker (AUT)
NK Osijek (CRO) / Kalmar FF (SWE)
Dundee United (SCO)
Arsenal Kiev (UKR)
Bursaspor (TUR)
Steaua Bucuresti (ROM)
Renova (MAC) / FC Gomel (BLS)
Shakhtior Saligorsk (BLS) / SV Ried (AUT)
Siroki Brijeg (BOS) / St. Patrick's Athletic (IRL)
Servette (SUI) / Gandzasar Kapan (ARM)
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
Slaven Koprivnica (CRO) / Portadown (NIR)
Lokomotiv Plovdiv (BUL) / Vitesse Arnhem (NED)
Maritimo (POR)
Heerenveen (NED)
Metalurgi Rustavi (GEO) / Viktoria Plzen (CZE)
Dacia Chisinau (MOL) / Elfsborg (SWE)
SK Tirana (ALB) / Aalesund (NOR)
Hajduk Split (CRO) / Skonto Riga (LAT)
Rapid Vienna (AUT)
Milsami Orhei (MOL) / FK Aktobe (KAZ)
Metalurg Donetsk (UKR) / Celik Niksic (MON)
Mlada Boleslav (CZE) / Thor Akureyri (ISL)
PAOK (GRE)
Levadia Tallinn (EST) / Anorthosis Famagusta (CYP)
Differdange 03 (LUX) / AA Gent (BEL)
Khazar Lenkoran (AZB) / Lech Poznan (POL)
Marseille (FRA)
Omonia Nicosia (CYP)
JJK Jyvaskyla (FIN) / Zeta Golubovci (MON)
Sparta Prague (CZE)
Young Boys (SUI) / Zimbru Chisinau (MOL)
Dinamo Moscow (RUS)
Mura Murska Sobota (SLO) / CSKA Sofia (BUL)
Maccabi Netanya (ISR) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
Spartak Trnava (SVK) / Sligo Rovers (IRL)
Liverpool (ENG)
Metalurgs Liepaja (LAT) / Legia Warsaw (POL)
Hannover (GER)
Rosenborg (NOR) / Ordabasy Shymkent (KAZ)

Matches to be played 2nd and 9th August.

CL 3rd Qualifying Round. Losers drop into the EL playoffs.

NK Maribor (SVN)/FK Željezničar (BIH)
FC BATE Borisov (BLR)/FK Vardar (MKD)
CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU)
RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
FK Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)/WKS Śląsk Wroclaw (POL)
Ulisses FC (ARM)/FC Sheriff (MDA)
Celtic FC (SCO)
Molde FK (NOR)/FK Ventspils (LVA)
MŠK Žilina (SVK)/Hapoel Kiryat Shmona FC (ISR)
AEL Limassol FC (CYP)/Linfield FC (NIR)

Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
Motherwell FC (SCO)
FC København (DEN)
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

v
v
v
v
F91 Dudelange (LUX)/FC Salzburg (AUT)
KS Skënderbeu (ALB)/Debreceni VSC (HUN)
FC Slovan Liberec (CZE)/FC Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)
Shamrock Rovers FC (IRL)/FK Ekranas (LTU)
The New Saints FC (WAL)/Helsingsborgs IF (SWE)
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)/GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
HJK Helsinki (FIN)/KR Reykjavík (ISL)
FC Flora Tallinn (EST)/FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
Neftçi PFK (AZE)/FC Zestafoni (GEO)
Valletta FC (MLT)/FK Partizan (SRB)

FC Vaslui (ROU)
Panathinaikos FC (GRE)
Club Brugge KV (BEL)
Feyenoord (NED)

Watching Oscar Jansson playing for Shamrock Rovers gifting 2 goals to Lithuanian side Ekranas. I think he could be the worse goalkeeper ever on our books. That includes Fulop.

Dudelange of Luxembourg knocked Red Bull Salzburg out of Champions League. The lost 3-4 in Salzburg (4-4 agg), but go through on away goals. No Europe for Salzburg this season.

Two of the unseeded teams that progressed from the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League - Hapoel Kiryat Shmona from Israel and Neftchi Baku from Azerbaijan - are drawn to play each other in the next round. The winner of that match is likely to end up as the lowest ranked team in the Europa League group stage (assuming they don't reach the CL group stage!).

Dudelange of Luxembourg knocked Red Bull Salzburg out of Champions League. The lost 3-4 in Salzburg (4-4 agg), but go through on away goals. No Europe for Salzburg this season.

That must be a massive win, not just for the Club, but the Country itself. I doubt any of their teams have got very far in the CL in its history. Where's Statto?

Shaktar Donetsk out of the CL too, knocked out by Slovan Liberec. Big shock early on

edit: Am I right in assuming it was only the CL 2nd qual round they dont fall into the Europa League?

Last edited:
Shaktar Donetsk out of the CL too, knocked out by Slovan Liberec. Big shock early on

edit: Am I right in assuming it was only the CL 2nd qual round they dont fall into the Europa League?

That's how I've understood it, from the 3rd qualifying round and the playoffs they drop down.

Back