• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2020

when I say biased I don’t mean just wanting their team to win, no problem with that, but I mean acting like your playing like 1970’s Brazil when the Czechs have clearly been better though not great themselves.

just requoting myself because I don’t think this part was read!

It's worse, have a drink everytime 1966 or its coming home is mentioned during an England game. You won't remember much next day.

Scotland are crap, why we have been hyping ourselves up is a mystery of epic proportions.
I think every “home” commentary is biased and we probably notice the English more for obvious reasons. And yes, we aren’t very good. It’s weird though as there hasn’t just been a surge in unfounded confidence with ourselves, but many pundits thought we’d “do a Wales”. Christ knows why.

I think every “home” commentary is biased and we probably notice the English more for obvious reasons. And yes, we aren’t very good. It’s weird though as there hasn’t just been a surge in unfounded confidence with ourselves, but many pundits thought we’d “do a Wales”. Christ knows why.

Obviously we don't get to hear other nations, but I wouldn't expect it to be any different anywhere else.
Can't believe that the BBC are going with it was close and we were great.
How can you blame a guy for shooting from 30 yards and then wax lyrical about a scoring from 50 yards?
Why was the keeper 40 yards from his goal and the only player in the Scotland half? And yet didn't go up for the set pieces at the end?

Why can't we just accept that we're not very good and enjoy it.
Jeez, I'm old enough to remember '78 and this is just as bad.

Also, totally crass calling England "the arch enemy"

Commentary is so biased! Is it like that for the England games? I haven’t noticed it.

when I say biased I don’t mean just wanting their team to win, no problem with that, but I mean acting like your playing like 1970’s Brazil when the Czechs have clearly been better though not great themselves.

I bet all those truly world class players Scotland use to produce will be spinning in their graves to hear that was probably one of Scotlands best all time teams, I know football didnt exist before Sky but that was ridiculous. Interested to hear Sterling had scored 41 goals for England in his 61 games, top research there.

Obviously we don't get to hear other nations, but I wouldn't expect it to be any different anywhere else.
How can you blame a guy for shooting from 30 yards and then wax lyrical about a scoring from 50 yards?
Why was the keeper 40 yards from his goal and the only player in the Scotland half? And yet didn't go up for the set pieces at the end?

I loved the rivalry England and Scotland had, it was the game I looked forward to each year, lots of banter with my Scots relatives.

I bet all those truly world class players Scotland use to produce will be spinning in their graves to hear that was probably one of Scotlands best all time teams, I know football didnt exist before Sky but that was ridiculous. Interested to hear Sterling had scored 41 goals for England in his 61 games, top research there.

I heard that on Saturday too, I nearly fell off my chair, immediately checked it.

I loved the rivalry England and Scotland had, it was the game I looked forward to each year, lots of banter with my Scots relatives.
And that's exactly how it should be. Watched most of the England game yesterday and the media were very careful to be respectful of Scotland, pity we couldn't reciprocate.

Not sure I remember that. When was the last decent Scotland team? 1985/6 period with Dalglish, Gough, Archibald, Souness and Strachan?

I think that was in context that if we were to progress to the second round, this side would be regarded as the best ever, due only to that progression. Utter brick, but I can see the point, even though it’s gibberish.

Scotland had some of the best players..years gone by. Football was a working class game then and kids played under the lampost,s in the streets till late. No mobiles in those days.

Back