• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group B - England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
Word from various broadsheet journos who have been obviously briefed by Hodgson is that Sterling and Lallana are in the team against Russia.
4231: Hart, Walker Smalling Cahill Rose, Dier Alli, Lallana Rooney Sterling, Kane

Word from various broadsheet journos who have been obviously briefed by Hodgson is that Sterling and Lallana are in the team against Russia.
4231: Hart, Walker Smalling Cahill Rose, Dier Alli, Lallana Rooney Sterling, Kane

That's not a bad team, seems fairly well balanced. I think Lallana is a very average player though and Sterling is good in bits and pieces but a bit "meh" overall.

That's not a bad team, seems fairly well balanced. I think Lallana is a very average player though and Sterling is good in bits and pieces but a bit "meh" overall.
Agreed.

Quite an attacking team - he doesn't seem to have anyone sat next to Dier. Does that mean he's persisting with a formation from the last century?

Agreed.

Quite an attacking team - he doesn't seem to have anyone sat next to Dier. Does that mean he's persisting with a formation from the last century?

Alli next to Dier is quite attacking, but against what is reportedly a fairly weak Russian team I think it's absolutely fine. I'm assuming Hodgson has a different plan when/if England come up against top opponents.

At least it's not a silly diamond trying to shoehorn in all the players that the media wants on the pitch. It's a fairly modern 4-2-3-1 with players actually playing roles they're familiar with. The starting line-up against Portugal was essentially the opposite.

I just hope Dele is switched on and fully aware that he will be targetted and wound up by the opposition. It's gonna be a massive test for him.

We're lucky that we are playing an injury ravaged Russian side first up.... Or is it just gonna make things depressing when it ends 0-0

I put Walker, Alli and Kane in my fantasy team.
I'm sure England will come good against us. Russia is weak in defensive midfield as Denisov misses Euro and Glushakov looks to be missing tomorrow's game. Total age of our centrebacks is about 70 years and Walker/Rose should destroy Russia on wings. Also we have a keeper with Napoleon syndrome, who is solid only in RPL and is a laupghing stock on international and CL level.

I can see that something changed before this tournament: many English fans, who were indiffirent to national team results in recent years, look forward to the tournament as you have a promising young team with desire and bright future plus your team is balanced considering players from 10 EPL teams were called. Also there are no star names, who have been called just because of their status and name, except Rooney. And I can say just the opposite about our fans/team.
Personally I and some of my friends will be supporting England tomorrow. Recent comments from some of our players about their relations with fans and exclusive social status are some of the reasons.

Alli next to Dier is quite attacking, but against what is reportedly a fairly weak Russian team I think it's absolutely fine. I'm assuming Hodgson has a different plan when/if England come up against top opponents.

At least it's not a silly diamond trying to shoehorn in all the players that the media wants on the pitch. It's a fairly modern 4-2-3-1 with players actually playing roles they're familiar with. The starting line-up against Portugal was essentially the opposite.
I hope it is Alli next to Dier and not a diamond - did that formation ever even work when people couldn't think past 442?

11 June

1800 Wales vs Slovakia, Stade de Bordeaux
2100 England vs Russia, Stade Velodrome

15 June

1500 Russia vs Slovakia, Stade Pierre Mauroy

16 June

1500 England vs Wales, Stade Bollaert-Delelis

20 June

2100 Russia vs Wales, Stadium de Toulouse
2100 Slovakia vs England, Stade Geoffroy Guichard

All times in CET.

I'm actually rooting for England for the first time ever, due to there being so many of our lads in the squad. Would love it if our lads won it and got a taste for silverware. But then again ... it's England, the Spurs of national sides. :p Should get through the group stage easily enough though.

I'm actually rooting for England for the first time ever, due to there being so many of our lads in the squad. Would love it if our lads won it and got a taste for silverware. But then again ... it's England, the Spurs of national sides. :p Should get through the group stage easily enough though.
Noooooo. Don't say that. Jinxed.

I doubt he'll play 4231... looks like those players are 415 i.e. Dier and then "5 others up top" which I think will lead to a poor display from England.

Sterling and Lallana at least looked sharp against Portugal, up until then we'd been absolutely awful. GHod knows what formation Woy tried to played against Portugal... it was a diamond with Rooney at the point, which slipped into 433 as Kane and Vardy chased back down the wings... bloody awful to watch, complete failure and nullified Kane, Vardy and Alli just to crowbar Rooney in.

I have very low hopes for Woy's formation, he seems to be turning into Capello, bloody clueless.

That was a lesson for England tonight. France looked pedestrian and rarely threatened the Romanian goal... going nowhere... then one of the Prem's best players just shifts it and blats it top corner.

The end.

All this jizz and jazz about witmo and wotmo and whether Pog can jog or Matuidi is related to Cherly Tweedy and then .... Boom, gol. We just need one of our lads to, Boom, gol.

Actually on looking at the replays it was very stoppable. If the goalie was standing where he should have been it would have hit him. Instead he moved to the left. Still a nice kick with good movement.

Actually on looking at the replays it was very stoppable. If the goalie was standing where he should have been it would have hit him. Instead he moved to the left. Still a nice kick with good movement.

the ball did this, which is why the keeper was moving to his left

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 9
Back