• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Agreed. We could also do better to be more dynamic with our movement. Alot of times Walker and Lennon would just stand still and hope the other one would do something, instead of making inside runs or overlapping runs.

Walker and Lennon linked up really well, not sure how you could say that when the right side was by far our biggest threat....

Walker and Lennon linked up really well, not sure how you could say that when the right side was by far our biggest threat....

This. It reminded me a lot of the Corluka/Lennon days, except with the added explosiveness of Walker. His passing was very impressive and he seems to have much more freedom to roam forward with the ball this season.

Oh and that Capoue guy was alright as well...Wow, talk about a beast. I was also very impressed with his quick passing game that upped our tempo seemingly throughout the entire pitch. Reads the game excellently and loves to put in a perfectly timed challenge. Looked the part yesterday and can't wait to see more of him.

There were a few look alike Corlulka/Lennon signature move in yesterday game which Walker passed a through ball and Lennon ran behind the CP left back. Good to see it .

While he may have made more interceptions, it felt like we held on to the ball longer with Dembele on. Not a fair comparison for sure, but just pointing out what I perceived to be the difference these two players had on yesterday game.

I'll bet we'll see even more Sandro vs Capoue comparisons.

I'm surprised Arsenal didn't go for this guy. He looks exactly what they need. The Great Baldini is doing magical work for us.

I'm surprised Arsenal didn't go for this guy. He looks exactly what they need. The Great Baldini is doing magical work for us.

Was thinking the same . How they also allowed Gustavo to move to Wolfsburg is a mystery . They've been vulnerable to counter attacks for a few seasons now.

I just don't see us conceding to many goals on the breakaway, with midfielders such as, Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho in our ranks.

Was thinking the same . How they also allowed Gustavo to move to Wolfsburg is a mystery . They've been vulnerable to counter attacks for a few seasons now.

I just don't see us conceding to many goals on the breakaway, with midfielders such as, Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho in our ranks.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Gustavo wanted to stay in Germany, so that might explain that one.

A couple more games at this level and I think we are going to see him and Paulinho as the 1st choice starters.
Sandro, Dembele and Holtby are going to be fighting it out, maybe even for a bench spot.
How strong would our team be if that happens

A couple more games at this level and I think we are going to see him and Paulinho as the 1st choice starters.
Sandro, Dembele and Holtby are going to be fighting it out, maybe even for a bench spot.

Surely when they're all healthy we'll be using a 4-3-3??

Thats just too much quality to not have a max number of them on the pitch at a time. Sure none of them are creative as Modric or VDV but its a heck of a lot more solid defensively.

Dembele - Paulinho
Sandro

Holtby - Carroll
Capoue​

And its not like we're flush full of talent at ACM.. The strength of the squad at the moment is in CM and I'd imagine AVB would try to take advantage of that

Surely when they're all healthy we'll be using a 4-3-3??

Thats just too much quality to not have a max number of them on the pitch at a time. Sure none of them are creative as Modric or VDV but its a heck of a lot more solid defensively.

Dembele - Paulinho
Sandro

Holtby - Carroll
Capoue​

And its not like we're flush full of talent at ACM.. The strength of the squad at the moment is in CM and I'd imagine AVB would try to take advantage of that

Reckon swap Carroll out for Sig and send Carroll on a loan. That said, it's not as if our other midfielders are that young so I'm not sure when Carroll will get a chance.

Only problem is then our attacking wide positions. Lamela and Townsend for the right maybe, but who on the left?

Reckon swap Carroll out for Sig and send Carroll on a loan. That said, it's not as if our other midfielders are that young so I'm not sure when Carroll will get a chance.

Only problem is then our attacking wide positions. Lamela and Townsend for the right maybe, but who on the left?

On the left, we have Chadli, we could also use Lennon there. Sig/Holtby too.

Ideally, we'd get an upgrade to a really special player, but maybe Chadli can become that player for us?

so sandro plays like capoue does, and better mind you, week in week out...for a couple of years. capoue plays similar..for 30 minutes against palace and against some team that would struggle in the Championship...and we already see a NEAR future where sandro has to battle it out for a bench place.

no, i think capoue is th bench guy for quite a while until sandro plays himself into the bench

how dare any of us disrespect the loyal beast so. shocking behaviour mate, just shocking

Back