• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

We looked unbeatable, we also relied very heavily on a superstar to score wonder goals to win actually win games. I see no reason to think that a Dembele/Sandro partnership (or similar) would work well with the current squad of players. We need more creativity from the deep two in midfield imo.

Kane
Eriksen.................Lamela
Mason
Stambouli - Dembele​

Would work

Yes.

I think he's a far better (and more intelligent) passer when he's got time

And when he isn't given time I think he's much more aware of his limitations and at least tries to move the ball on quickly and simply.

Everyone who thinks £26m Schneiderlin is the answer to our prayers needs to go back and watch the two of them head-to-head the other week. Or note that Capoue has double the number of national caps, despite only being a year older.[/QUOTE]

One game against each other is hardly a representative sample. Schneiderlin is a slightly different midfielder, more box -box, tackles and intercepts well , just look at his stats for last season and gets forward more than capoue hence he has scored 3 goals in 8 games this season. He has been excellent for Saints this season. I am speculating the reason he has less caps than Capoue is that he played for Southampton in the lower leagues of English football while Capoue has plied his trade in France with Toulouse. Look at their recent appearances and I think schneiderlin is doing well in appearances for France. So yes I would love 26m Morgan Schneiderlin. I think he would be a great addition to our midfield - better than what we have. But I think L'**** will get him sadly.

Kane
Eriksen.................Lamela
Mason
Stambouli - Dembele​

Would work

I haven't seen enough of Stambouli to be sure, but I haven't been overly impressed with his passing and creativity.

We would be relying very heavily on Kane to score and relying on Mason to drop deep to move the ball forward quickly.

Can't see how it would be better than what we had against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I haven't seen enough of Stambouli to be sure, but I haven't been overly impressed with his passing and creativity.

We would be relying very heavily on Kane to score and relying on Mason to drop deep to move the ball forward quickly.

Can't see how it would be better than what we had against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Stambouli is our best midfielder we have when it comes to passing. Creativity? He isn't there for creativity, he's a cultured destroyer. Your creativity comes from Mason, Lamela and Eriksen.

Stambouli is our best midfielder we have when it comes to passing. Creativity? He isn't there for creativity, he's a cultured destroyer. Your creativity comes from Mason, Lamela and Eriksen.

Stambouli is a better passer than Mason and Bentaleb? But he's not there for creativity? What?

Stambouli is a better passer than Mason and Bentaleb? But he's not there for creativity? What?

Easily.

Being a good passer doesn't mean your creative, that's just silly. He plays the ball quick and incisively to players more creative than him. Something not many in our team can do.

Yeah Bale made a players like Sandro and Dembele look better than they really are.

Put Bale in this current side and we would be a couple of points off the top......a superstar scares the opposition, they focus on stopping him and naturally attack less and so of course even Capoue would look unreal with little to actually do.

btw in AVB's first season here we looked absolutely unbeatable when Dembele partnered Sandro. That partnership was very very effective.

Completely agree, I'm gutted that partnership has been split up for good, I know sandro had injury issues but I still feel we got rid too soon.

I think he is the main reason for our struggles.... Doesn't contribute anything in attack and is also largely anonymous defensively.

But the stats say he is fooking superb, what with his over 18 yard passes. Tbf to the bloke the entire spine of Kaboul, Capoue and Ade are simply not up to much. The first 2 are playing as I expect but Ade could offer so much more.

But the stats say he is fooking superb, what with his over 18 yard passes. Tbf to the bloke the entire spine of Kaboul, Capoue and Ade are simply not up to much. The first 2 are playing as I expect but Ade could offer so much more.

You may have hit the tickle my balls with a feather there; the spine lacks spine!

Lacks positional sense and urgency. Stambouli and Dembele for me every time.

Agreed, Capoue is pony, walks like an old man. There's better players sat on the bench that deserve a go now. AVB and Sherwood didnt rate him so not sure why Poch does? Him and Paulinho to go in Jan if a bid comes in

Lacks positional sense and urgency. Stambouli and Dembele for me every time.

Mason has done nothing to be dropped and no on has done anything to indicate that they could replace his contribution to our attacking play.

I would like to see Stambouli given a chance ahead of Capoue next league game though.

I watched Capoue a fair bit during yesterdays game and one thing I noticed is he takes an age to react to a change of direction in play, he's like a tanker at turning and really never busts a gut to recover once the play is past him. His lack of mobility and desire is for me one of the main reasons our defence gets little cover on the break.

We definetly need someone more mobile in that defensive role, Stambouli might not have the passing range that Coupe possesses but from what I've seen he can give our backline better protection.

Last edited:
I watched Capoue a fair bit during yesterdays game and one thing I noticed is he takes an age to react to a change of direction in play, he's like a tanker at turning and really never busts a gut to recover once the play is past him. His lack of mobility and desire is for me one of the main reasons our defence gets little cover on the break.

We definetly need someone more mobile in that defensive role, Stambouli might not have the passing range that Coupe possesses but from what I've seen he can give our backline better protection.

I agree

Back