• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

From what I could tell.... Capoue was playing same role for us that Wanyama was playing for Southampton. Schneiderlin was playing in the Mason role... I didn't really notice either Schneiderlin or Mason on Sunday but noticed both Capoue and Wanyama.

Also just to state in this thread (as I already have in another) I thought Capoue's performance was much better yesterday than it has been in our previous home games against WBA and Liverpool. He seemed to take up better positions defensively and also seemed more progressive on the ball. I hope he continues to prove me wrong.
I had a look at Schneiderlin and Mason's stats after the game and Schneiderlin came out on top but obviously he was not making only his second PL appearance.

Not wanting to be too combative with his potential future teammates perhaps? ;)

A paper (I can't remember which) were reporting that SCBC were going to offer him a new contract. It will be interesting to see what happens, his comments at the close of the window certainly made it seem like he still saw his future elsewhere.

Toulouse keeping track of their former captain' progress in England...

@ToulouseFC: @WhoScored a fait un focus sur E.#Capoue! On profite de la trêve pour décrypter ce papier: http://shar.es/1mokK7 .

The first time we've had a player making 70+ passes per game since Modric left...

2014%2f10%2fCapoue-focus.jpg

@AndyGlockner: Fun sidebar from today's @si_soccer column: Etienne Capoue has been a beast so far. (radar from @mixedknuts)

BzXKldwCIAEIjLk.png

Last edited:
Last season we were looking good and doing pretty well until Capoue got sat on by the fat spanish midfielder. With Sandro also out we didn't have anyone really defensive, and while Dembele did a pretty good job, he isn't the fastest at turning over the ball and increasing the tempo of play.

Touch wood but who will be his replacement should he get injured again?

Last season we were looking good and doing pretty well until Capoue got sat on by the fat spanish midfielder. With Sandro also out we didn't have anyone really defensive, and while Dembele did a pretty good job, he isn't the fastest at turning over the ball and increasing the tempo of play.

Touch wood but who will be his replacement should he get injured again?

Stambouli

Stambouli looks more action oriented than capoue from what I've seen. Can't resist a good challenge haha. Will he get bored just stringing the passes and looking for the outlet ?

Seems to be two steps forward, then two steps back with this guy.

He REALLY needs to up his game imo. I would like to see Stambouli start vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine as he seems to be quicker to get back in position if he ventures forward and is quicker ton get his tackles in generally

our press seemed disjointed at times, but i thought capoue and dembele did okay today. capoue and dembele were the last men a few times on counter attacks.

He always walks around like he has a limp, i'm not his biggest fan because he ambles but he did show he can make a long range pass last night which i didnt think he had but didnt see him under pressure. I get the feeling Poch isnt sold on him yet.

Cabaye and Tiote won the midfield battle last time we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season so he'll have to be up for it on sunday

Seems to be two steps forward, then two steps back with this guy.

He REALLY needs to up his game imo. I would like to see Stambouli start vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine as he seems to be quicker to get back in position if he ventures forward and is quicker ton get his tackles in generally

He played well last night....

He always walks around like he has a limp, i'm not his biggest fan because he ambles but he did show he can make a long range pass last night which i didnt think he had but didnt see him under pressure. I get the feeling Poch isnt sold on him yet.

Cabaye and Tiote won the midfield battle last time we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season so he'll have to be up for it on sunday

Why has he started every league game if Poch isnt sure about him?

Back