• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Another very good game from Capoue. Seems like absolutely brilliant business.

We have considerable competition for those central places and it will be even tougher when Sandro's fully back. I think Capoue is coming pretty close to making himself undroppable already though. Ridiculous thing to say so early, but I've been massively impressed.

Another very good game from Capoue. Seems like absolutely brilliant business.

We have considerable competition for those central places and it will be even tougher when Sandro's fully back. I think Capoue is coming pretty close to making himself undroppable already though. Ridiculous thing to say so early, but I've been massively impressed.

completely agree

He is great at the defensive side of things - the number of interceptions etc. Although I do find his passing to be a bit **** actually.

wow...i was very impressed with his passing. I thought he was just a good defensive unit but i saw some great things in an attacking sense today.

i keep thinking to myself he's exactly the type of player arsenal need.

so thankful Levy went ahead and paid the 8.whatever million it took to get him.

wow...i was very impressed with his passing. I thought he was just a good defensive unit but i saw some great things in an attacking sense today.

Maybe it was just me, ill have to see him again to form a judgement. It seems im the only one who thinks his passing isnt that great. Like I say his defensive contribution is pretty good and very impressive.

You don't need to, just asking you to clarify your opinion. If you don't feel like it don't do it.

Saying that his passing is a bit **** really is relative to who you compare him to.

I thought he was a beast today and apart from the odd stray pass I thought his passing was very good

He is great at the defensive side of things - the number of interceptions etc. Although I do find his passing to be a bit **** actually.

He made nearly double the number of passes that Paulinho did today and was successful with a great amount of them.
In and of itself that doesn't say everything, but his passes weren't all small unambitious sideways balls either.
Do you think he should be trying more incisive passes? It may be that because he can drive forward a bit and escape a couple of players, the end pass isn't all that spectacular because of his movement on the ball prior to release.

Maybe it was just me, ill have to see him again to form a judgement. It seems im the only one who thinks his passing isnt that great. Like I say his defensive contribution is pretty good and very impressive.

Strange one, I think his passing is very good. If he plays like this consistently I think he's an almost perfect deep-lying midfielder.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/25/roberto-soladado-tottenham-future-swansea?

Capoue, in particular, looks exactly the kind of physically commanding midfield touch player all Premier League clubs crave. Twice in the first half he feinted left and right before effectively giving up and just running straight through Jonathan De Guzmán. Already it seems clear Spurs will provide a more suffocating presence in midfield this year, Scott Parker's Davros-like wheeling and whirling replaced by a more natural athleticism and a greater physicality throughout the team.

Strange one, I think his passing is very good. If he plays like this consistently I think he's an almost perfect deep-lying midfielder.

I think AVB has gotten one of the missing pieces for his Spurs 4-3-3, Capoue really seems perfect for that anchor man role in there.

Back