• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

When has Paulinho ever played in that role btw? i've seen people put him in that position a lot but i've never see him play in that role.

I think that he will play in a midfield three with Dembele and Sandro but it is all about passages of play and he is the most likely to get forward of those three, so I am sure that he will end up where Mumorn put him fairly often.

i think it's more due to the fact that he's more of a goalscorer out of the three, he wouldnt neccesarily play there but he'd just be more forward than Dembele/Sandro, bit like a Lampard.

Lampard didn't even play that role though. He is/was a master at coming from a deeper position into an advanced position but rarely did he start from an attacking position at Chelski. Paulinho looks the same sort of player but from what i've seen he doesn't look like an attacking midfielder in the slightest.

Lampard didn't even play that role though. He is/was a master at coming from a deeper position into an advanced position but rarely did he start from an attacking position at Chelski. Paulinho looks the same sort of player but from what i've seen he doesn't look like an attacking midfielder in the slightest.

i never said that.

I think that he will play in a midfield three with Dembele and Sandro but it is all about passages of play and he is the most likely to get forward of those three, so I am sure that he will end up where Mumorn put him fairly often.

Yes end up there i agree...but there's a big difference between ending up there and starting in an advanced position.

ive cracked it

...............Soldado.................
Willian........Paulinho......Lamela
.......Dembele....Sandro..........
Bale Kaboul Vertonghen Walker
--------------Lloris

:cool:

Love it. Would be poetic to move Bale back to LB!

In reality it would probably work ok with a midfield player able to drop back to LB to cover runs forward.
You could move Bale into Paulinho's position if you felt sorry for Bale.

Yes end up there i agree...but there's a big difference between ending up there and starting in an advanced position.

I think that we're splitting hairs here. I expect us to play 4-3-3 this season once everyone is fit and bedded in but I do not expect our shape to look massively different to last season in many passages of play.

Love it. Would be poetic to move Bale back to LB!

In reality it would probably work ok with a midfield player able to drop back to LB to cover runs forward.
You could move Bale into Paulinho's position if you felt sorry for Bale.

:-k

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 6m

Gazzetta dello Sport claim that Roma met with Tottenham's Franco Baldini in London on Wednesday to discuss Pablo Osvaldo and Erik Lamela.

who is he?

Daily Mail: Roma's £20m striker Erik Lamela

Express: Roma’s Argentina winger Erik Lamela, who will cost about £30m

:-k

Back