• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

so its still possible that Willian signs for Liverpool, Lamela stays at Roma or joins Arse, and Bale ends up staying at Spurs:lol:

Why would an italian journo know about Bale to Madrid, Willian to Spurs and Lamela to Spurs? How do you stumble across all this info, from Italy? Unless you have a direct wire tap to Levy or Baldini's phone

93594_mainimg.jpg

Why would an italian journo know about Bale to Madrid, Willian to Spurs and Lamela to Spurs? How do you stumble across all this info, from Italy? Unless you have a direct wire tap to Levy or Baldini's phone

From the Bale thread:

"the Italian Balague" is Palmari. Di Marzio's very well connected. He owns Sky Sport's Italia. Palmari's his employee. If Di Marzio says it take it to the bank.

I'm guessing contacts with agents would be a possible source. But I really don't know.

Latest from Di Marzio:

Roma, i dirigenti a Londra. Gli agenti di Lamela ancora no: i dettagli http://fb.me/3iUmk55ti

Rome, executives in London. Agents Lamela still no: the details http://fb.me/3iUmk55ti

From the Bale thread:

I'm guessing contacts with agents would be a possible source. But I really don't know.

Latest from Di Marzio:

The Roma fly to London, officially not for Erik Lamela and Tottenham. The company Giallorossi reached England with Walter Sabatini and Baldissoni. At the moment, to try to place Marco Borriello at Fulham. But also look for a replacement for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, who moved to Southampton in recent days. In the afternoon, however, also the entourage of Lamela reach London, and then would come alive in the discussion with Tottenham for the Argentine.

Baldini and Ancolotti are two of the key players involved. Decent Italian journalists will have contacts, just like we know Burt, Jacob and Stobart do with us. Crap Italian journalists though will just make it up, like they do here too.

Good summing up of the current Lamela situation

http://www.theguardian.com/global/b...er-news-latest-cabaye-willian-fellaini-baines

"Here's Italian football expert Paolo Bandini on what could be happening with the Roma delegation in London. Are the in the UK to negotiate a possible sale of Marco Borriello to West Ham and/or Erik Lamela to Spurs? Here is what Paolo has to say:

Interesting. Can't imagine why Sabag would say that [that they are not in London to negotiate with Spurs] unless it is true. Tottenham have definitely made inquiries for Lamela but this would suggest they're a little less far along than some had assumed. Interestingly I spoke to Rudi Garcia back when Roma were tuning up for their US tour. The only thing he would tell me then about his transfer plans was that he wanted at least one new forward. I guess you could say they got that with Gervinho, but if Osvaldo, Borriello and Lamela were all to go, you'd expect that he would want more coming in the other direction.

Roma will be happy enough to let Borriello go - he's been out on loan for the last couple of years, and his contract is a bit bigger than they'd want for a squad player. Lamela I have no idea. In their shoes I wouldn't sell unless the fee was very high, because he's a rare player with huge potential and they don't really have anyone else like him in the squad but Franco Baldini has great relationships with the club and will know the realities of Roma's finances better than anyone I don't think he would be making inquiries unless he thought there was a realistic chance to get the deal done."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...4/roma-jet-in-for-lamela-talks-with-tottenham

Roma jet in for Lamela talks with Tottenham

Football director Walter Sabatini arrives in London to discuss a €35m move for the Argentine as Spurs prepare to pay a similar fee for Brazilian target Willian

By Greg Stobart & Wayne Veysey

Roma officials have travelled to London for talks over the €35 million sale of Erik Lamela to Tottenham, who are also hoping to finalise a deal for Anzhi Makhachkala attacker Willian.

Spurs technical director Franco Baldini was due to meet with Roma's director of football Walter Sabatini in the UK capital on Tuesday for talks over the 21-year-old playmaker.

Negotiations are further down the line with Brazilian forward Willian who is set to undergo a medical in the next 24 hours ahead of a possible €35m switch.

Lamela, who is seen by Tottenham as the ideal replacement for Gareth Bale, is set to be offered a five-year deal worth €76,000-a-week by Spurs, with the Welshman's future at the club still in the balance.

Real Madrid want to sign Bale and are willing to offer a world-record fee worth in the region of €100 million - but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is still holding out for €117m despite the 24-year-old’s desire to move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Sources have told Goal that Lamela is the "absolute priority" should Bale leave and is top of the wishlist of both manager Andre Villas-Boas and Baldini. The Premier League club value him at around €35m.

Baldini knows Lamela well from his time at Roma and the Argentine's future was a major point of discussion when the Italian met Sabatini in London earlier this month.

Spurs have yet to confirm a fee with Anzhi for Willian but Goal understands that they will also pay in the region of €35m for the former Shakhtar Donetsk star.

Liverpool had previously been confident of securing the attacker's signature having lodged a bid of €30 million on Monday, but the player's preference to play under Villas-Boas has seen the Reds overtaken by Spurs.

To me it reads that Willian is coming in regardless with the Lamela being a replacement for Bale is he goes.

We are NOT ****ing about!

I agree with Modric, although if we get both could we be saying bye bye to Lennon rather than Townsend?

We are NOT ****ing about!

I agree with Modric, although if we get both could we be saying bye bye to Lennon rather than Townsend?

keep both? Townsend can play left and right and is great depth for cup games, the same could be said about Lennon, the guy is better with competition.

RW: Lamela, Lennon, Townsend
LW: Willian, Chadli, Townsend

keep both? Townsend can play left and right and is great depth for cup games, the same could be said about Lennon, the guy is better with competition.

RW: Lamela, Lennon, Townsend
LW: Willian, Chadli, Townsend

I can see one of Lamela or Willian playing in the middle behind Soldado in a 4231 if Bale goes.
I see it as us having Lamela, Lennon, Townsend, Willian, Chadli, Holtby and Siggy for the 3 attacking midfielder positions.

I can see one of Lamela or Willian playing in the middle behind Soldado in a 4231 if Bale goes.
I see it as us having Lamela, Lennon, Townsend, Willian, Chadli, Holtby and Siggy for the 3 attacking midfielder positions.

:eek:

\o/

I still look at it as:

.willian.......soldado......lamela
..........dembele....paulinho.....
......................sandro.............

Back