• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Really great news that he's got a new deal. Amazing that we got originally got him at such a low fee and he deserves a pay rise. He can't have been on a lot and has a massive part to play this year.

He shows promise but just wait until we lose an away game with our cbs exposed like last season and all the "he's not a fudgeing dm ffs" posts we'll see...

Yeah, i know, i am a thief of joy...
michael-scott-you-are-a-thief-of-joy.gif
yes you are!

Probably because he is?
Our attempts at buying various dcm/dcm-like players in the summer and the fact that he is a centre-back by trade also confirm this.

Our attempts at buying various DCM/DCM-like players prove nothing if Dier excels in his new position. Heck, Bale started out at Spurs as a left back and I remember people on here saying he should still be a left back after he was pushed to left midfield. I wonder if those people still think he is a stop gap attacker. From a left back by trade, last season he was playing for Madrid on the right wing and this season he has been playing as a 10, while for his country he just plays as the dog's bo1locks

Last edited:
Our attempts at buying various DCM/DCM-like players prove nothing if Dier excels in his new position. Heck, Bale started out at Spurs as a left back and I remember people on here saying he should still be a left back after he was pushed to left midfield. I wonder if those people still think he is a stop gap attacker. From a left back by trade, last season he was playing for Madrid on the right wing and this season he has being playing as a 10, while for his country he just plays as the dog's bo1locks

..If.....

He's been competent, yes. But what makes you think he can be the player we were crying out for last season? In fact, whilst he has been very good/competent we still haven't won a game yet this season - including one where we let a 2 goal lead slip in five minutes. I think it's way too soon to hail him as our in-house answer to Schneiderlin or Wanyama. In fact, i think it's being done out of desperation and hope really.

..If.....

He's been competent, yes. But what makes you think he can be the player we were crying out for last season? In fact, whilst he has been very good/competent we still haven't won a game yet this season - including one where we let a 2 goal lead slip in five minutes. I think it's way too soon to hail him as our in-house answer to Schneiderlin or Wanyama. In fact, i think it's being done out of desperation and hope really.
For someone who is 21 years old and playing a new position I'd take "very good/competent" in his first four games any day of the week. Would be great if players like Lamela, Walker, Dembele, et al could be very good/competent in the positions they have been playing in for years and shown the consistency Dier has!

..If.....

Dude, according to opts stats no team in the league has created more chances than Spurs this season, the fact that we have not taken those chances cannot be blamed on Dier

Probably because he is?
Our attempts at buying various dcm/dcm-like players in the summer and the fact that he is a centre-back by trade also confirm this.

They don't confirm anything. None of us know whether his long term future is there or not but at the moment he is doing his chances no harm.

Probably because he is?
Did we make any attempts to buy defensive midfielders in the Summer? I think all I saw was some press speculation regarding bids for Wanyama and Witzel. I'm not sure that bids were actually made for either of them though.

For someone who is 21 years old and playing a new position I'd take "very good/competent" in his first four games any day of the week. Would be great if players like Lamela, Walker, Dembele, et al could be very good/competent in the positions they have been playing in for years and shown the consistency Dier has!

I agree that he has indeed played well and that it'd be nice if others like Lamela, Walker and Dembele would step up to be consistently plaing at the same levels in their positions.
However, we should still recognise that Dier is a centre-back, was bought as somebody to play in such a position and that we can't get too carried away that we 'now have our dcm' just because he's played well enough in four games to shame our underperformers.

Back