• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Think Ange has made it clear he's not in the planning

I hope Dier is smart and looks at moving out in January.
Good on Ange, for a while it looked like Dier was untouchable... And probably coincidental that things changed for Dier after Kane left ;)

Well, he got half a game and he didn't brick the bed. It must have been a tough season for him but that should've cheered him up. Merry Christmas, Eric.
He got caught out positionally a few times but you could allow that given his lack of minutes I suppose. Fortunately those situations never amounted to anything.

He'll probably have to take a pay cut, so might want to see out his contract just for the money. Loan might be an option if we can get someone else in. We're still in danger of having to play him.
Much bigger signing on fee in the summer, and likely a much bigger range of clubs to choose from too

Shouldn’t be playing a high line with the current availability, need VDV for that to be viable.
A compact low block defense isn't viable either with the players we have. We've seen how that worked out with coaches attuned to playing that way. Now imagine if a coach who doesn't even play that way and possibly doesn't know how to coach such a system tries with the largely the same players. What did you think is going to happen?

A compact low block defense isn't viable either with the players we have. We've seen how that worked out with coaches attuned to playing that way. Now imagine if a coach who doesn't even play that way and possibly doesn't know how to coach such a system tries with the largely the same players. What did you think is going to happen?

I think we should try it, and the coach needs to learn it, as we’ll need that in our locker sooner or later hopefully. We won’t always be the better team, to win something we need to nick a result sometime.

I think we should try it, and the coach needs to learn it, as we’ll need that in our locker sooner or later hopefully. We won’t always be the better team, to win something we need to nick a result sometime.
His plan is that with the first 11 we'll nick results by going toe to toe with the opponents. We've seen that this season against Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project.

What he isn't going to do is sit his team in a deep block and only attempt to play on the counter which is what would necessitated if you play a low block.

His plan is that with the first 11 we'll nick results by going toe to toe with the opponents. We've seen that this season against Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project.

What he isn't going to do is sit his team in a deep block and only attempt to play on the counter which is what would necessitated if you play a low block.

I don't like that plan.

I think a more pragmatic approach in certain games will return more points overall across the season.

I'll also add, Arsenal nicked the result against us, we were far superior on the day.

Now I'm the first to say I appreciate what Dier has done back in the day, but do think he should have left ages ago.

It can't be good for his headspace to see literally anybody else be picked in his position. Do you think he will go in Jan or just stay til summer?

Back