• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Agreed. In this case it is embarrassing.

Please point out who these people are who hate Dier. The only poster I’ve seen who says he hates Dier is DFL who posts for dramatic effect most of the time. I myself have even said I feel bad constantly digging him out but he’s doing very little to convince people that he deserves to be starting as a CB for us which he has said many times is his position.

Yep. Because any time anyone posts something that isn’t 100% positive about a spurs player it means they hate them and want them dead. Can’t just be frustration after years of watching a player who isn’t good for the team but the club doesn’t do the necessary work to replace them.
Not at all. Some on the forum manage to keep calm and carry on continually despite results and individual player performance, some lose their patience and lash out at a player, and others react with vitriol and hatred with no thought to context. As for Dier, it is clear that he isn't a player who can be part of a squad that can go to the next levee, but in my mind there is no south that he tries his best whenever he plays. I thank hi for his contributions to our more enjoyable teams and look forward to a better player in his stead.

Not at all. Some on the forum manage to keep calm and carry on continually despite results and individual player performance, some lose their patience and lash out at a player, and others react with vitriol and hatred with no thought to context. As for Dier, it is clear that he isn't a player who can be part of a squad that can go to the next levee, but in my mind there is no south that he tries his best whenever he plays. I thank hi for his contributions to our more enjoyable teams and look forward to a better player in his stead.

Next level? Hes not good enough for our current level!

Apologises, but I just found that part funny.

@thfcsteff I know you're fond of Dier and obviously you don't enjoy the negativity he is getting but let be honest if a player does something brick, then they are likely to get a comparable comment. Its just the way of football, it happens to them all. They get equally overly praised when they do something well. Its part and parcel of the game and you can't expect the negative to be removed while the contrasting positives are still given.

Please point out who these people are who hate Dier. The only poster I’ve seen who says he hates Dier is DFL who posts for dramatic effect most of the time. I myself have even said I feel bad constantly digging him out but he’s doing very little to convince people that he deserves to be starting as a CB for us which he has said many times is his position.

Dramatic effect!!!!!! I'm so offended I won't eat for a thousand million years.

I do hate him, it's his arrogance that gets me.

Seems to me that Dier has lost his agility and nimbleness. He is too heavy and lumbering. I think Spurs could have worked on that over the last few years, to make him more agile and light on his feet.

Seems to me that Dier has lost his agility and nimbleness. He is too heavy and lumbering. I think Spurs could have worked on that over the last few years, to make him more agile and light on his feet.

If he has not done it to date and corrected his decision making and defensive abilities it really leaves it there

I mean that may help, wouldn’t help him read the game better or make better decisions though.
Indeed. Dier's issues don't lie with a lack of nimbleness or speed. There are slower defenders than him who make it work. It's just a lack of defensive awareness and like you say his odd decision making.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Partly at fault for yet another goal today. Seems to get worse every game. Granted the defensive unit as a whole has been poor all season but Romero has at least proved he can defend elsewhere and in this country, Lenglet is new to the league, Sanchez we all know isn’t good enough and needs to go and Davies is a backup. Why doesn’t any manager have the balls to drop him?

Partly at fault for yet another goal today. Seems to get worse every game. Granted the defensive unit as a whole has been poor all season but Romero has at least proved he can defend elsewhere and in this country, Lenglet is new to the league, Sanchez we all know isn’t good enough and needs to go and Davies is a backup. Why doesn’t any manager have the balls to drop him?

Agree, I'm not defending him here, but currently as we have all we have I really don't understand why we choose to compound our defensive frailty with FBs that can't defend. That's throwing fuel on the fire if we are going to continue with the combinations we do.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Agree, I'm not defending him here, but currently as we have all we have I really don't understand why we choose to compound our defensive frailty with FBs that can't defend. That's throwing flames on the fire if we are going to continue with the combinations we do.

Conte wanted it?

Agree, I'm not defending him here, but currently as we have all we have I really don't understand why we choose to compound our defensive frailty with FBs that can't defend. That's throwing flames on the fire if we are going to continue with the combinations we do.

I think we could have peak Maldini and Carlos Alberto at full back and it wouldn’t stop Dier giving the ball away and generally being a poor all round defender. Like I’ve said before, I feel bad digging him out so often as he seems like a good guy on and off the pitch, well spoken, says all the right things PC wise, seems to be proud to play for the club. But all of that is irrelevant as he just can’t defend. He needs to be sold or the club need to pay out his contract but knowing us, he will be starting next season with Lloris and Ben Davies. The way we hold on to players sometimes really does beggar belief.

Dier, like a kid excitedly following the ball not the play.
dfb125e75e9c6425793d65eda37aba15.jpg
5f6869932969e2b53331d92120029601.jpg
501f883bafcb06f0f0b6fe34bc11f563.jpg

Back