• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

The players with the ability to cover the deficiencies in their team mates are not suited to playing in the current system.
Bad combination, that's one reason i think jose and conte where bad choices. That sits purely on the board.
It ni coincidence that under both we were ok to begin with because they didn't fully impose their systems. Once those systems were insisted on through out the team it went to poop.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the moment are just us under poch, a happy team making the most of themselves because they can see better days. There's a better chance it will work better than did but i don't think its as stuck on as most seem to think.
Arsenal are only where they are due to circumstances, unlikely those circumstances repeat next season.
Arsenal aren't on 75 points after 33 games because of circumstance. They've gone out and won those matches. Yes some other teams that you expect to challenge aren't but that doesn't change the points total that Arsenal have managed to gain. Its not been luck, it's not been fortunate. They deserve to be where they are currently.

Now whether they can do it again next season remains to be seen but no I see no reason to think they will go back to 8th. Even last season they were very good at times and should have finished 4th at our expense but they bottled it (like they are this season with the title run in).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Arsenal aren't on 75 points after 33 games because of circumstance. They've gone out and won those matches. Yes some other teams that you expect to challenge aren't but that doesn't change the points total that Arsenal have managed to gain. Its not been luck, it's not been fortunate. They deserve to be where they are currently.

Now whether they can do it again next season remains to be seen but no I see no reason to think they will go back to 8th. Even last season they were very good at times and should have finished 4th at our expense but they bottled it (like they are this season with the title run in).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Next season they will be competing in the CL and won't be able to rest players like they have this year in the EL.

Next season they will be competing in the CL and won't be able to rest players like they have this year in the EL.
Arsenal now have hit the window we had where your buys need to be 100% right to improve on what they have. Poch turned down players because he thought he had better here and I agree that the ones we were linked with were not all upgrades. That massively bit us on the arse
Arsenal have to buy players like rice now to replace Rapey. I’d they do that they will get better
If not… harder games will hurt them over a season much more than this season with no real players missing and a sky high confidence through the team

I agree, i know we go on about CBs etc but imo the priority has to be a new keeper. Forester has done well but he is not a long term answer.
He isn't you're right.... but he is probably a better answer at goalkeeper than Eric Dier is at centre back. If it was a one or other choice and we could start next season with a replacement keeper and Eric Dier or Forster and a replacement for Eric Dier then I'd choose the latter option every time. Fingers crossed there is enough budget for us to bring in both.

He isn't you're right.... but he is probably a better answer at goalkeeper than Eric Dier is at centre back. If it was a one or other choice and we could start next season with a replacement keeper and Eric Dier or Forster and a replacement for Eric Dier then I'd choose the latter option every time. Fingers crossed there is enough budget for us to bring in both.
My reason why keeper is most important for me is because I don’t think e would start with forester regularly
If we accepted that, then I agree that replacing Dier is key

It's a tough decision but makes for a good debate regarding whether we prioritize the GK or CB... I personally am torn. GKs play every single match provided they're not injured, whereas CBs do need to be rested from time to time. A top-level GK would bring a lot of stability to the team. I'm not sure if there will be much impact to losing our captain in Lloris, as he seems like a great individual on a personal level but doesn't seem to bring much of that in terms of leadership. I know Romero is not a great fit for captain but he does try to hold others to account.

As for Dier, I do think he's also been here for too long and needs to be replaced one way or another. I don't know whose job it will be to trim the squad of all the excess, but there will be a butcher's job there this summer and we simply need to move him and others on. The Aurier/Ndombele era needs to be put to an end, even if it's at a loss in terms of transfer values. Even if Dier goes at a low fee (talking 5-10 million pounds), I'd take that and just get as much money possible pooled together to get a GK and CB.

I agree, i know we go on about CBs etc but imo the priority has to be a new keeper. Forester has done well but he is not a long term answer.

Club of Tottenhams size should surely be able to get a keeper and a few cbs, it's not like we are going to go for top top players like allison and van dyke that cost a fortune.

Saw an article that said PEH, LLoris, Kane and Dier spoke to Levy after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine result so he must be in the senior crew and unlikely to leave. Shame he's awful but with a more settled team that has some confidence would perform better.

I get where you are coming from and we do need one or two Cb"s, however a defensive set up has to have a keeper they trust to talk to them when they are being attacked. Lloris is not a keeper who does that ( not nowadys anyway)and that has helped lead to our back line being all over the place. Forester is ok but not long term.

Club of Tottenhams size should surely be able to get a keeper and a few cbs, it's not like we are going to go for top top players like allison and van dyke that cost a fortune.

IMO a keeper has to be the first priority, and then move through onto the CBs

Saw an article that said PEH, LLoris, Kane and Dier spoke to Levy after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine result so he must be in the senior crew and unlikely to leave. Shame he's awful but with a more settled team that has some confidence would perform better.

Doubt it he doesn't have the sense of position and far too flat footed to counter his inability

Back