• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

:D

I can understand the emotions running high last night but he could have caused a lot of trouble by his actions.
Is there any precedent in terms of likely punishment? Got to be a 2 or 3 game ban at least?

That's now another player we are going to lose for a run of games. Whatever people might think of him (and he has played a lot better in his last 2 games at CB imo), it's another stretch on an already depleted and struggling squad.
He left the field of play without permission so it’s a yellow card basically
He didn’t hit anyone as the guy ran off
And it was also after the game so the authorities rule become a bit grey
People are comparing it to Cantona.. and that was during a game and a kick at a fan/hooligan/idiot

I thought that Dier was much improved on the field last night. While I can’t condone his post-match activities, I can fully understand emotions getting the better of him. Quite frankly, it’s nice to see that this sorry mess upsets (some of) the players too: at least he cares. I expect the PL will cook up an unnecessarily harsh punishment for him.

I thought that Dier was much improved on the field last night. While I can’t condone his post-match activities, I can fully understand emotions getting the better of him. Quite frankly, it’s nice to see that this sorry mess upsets (some of) the players too: at least he cares. I expect the PL will cook up an unnecessarily harsh punishment for him.

Yes, I thought he played well, and is one of the few players in our squad with any leadership capabilities (something which we need to change this summer).

I'm not entirely convinced that I see him as a starting CB, but its possible that you could convince yourself that from a CB perspective next year we only need 1 signing if we have Dier + New Signing as our first choice pairing, with Toby+Sanchez as back-ups (plus Tanganga).

Then the year after, Toby leaves and either Tanganga steps up or you sign another

Totally unacceptable action from Dier, but understandable the "modern fan" have become entitled spoilt children who encouraged by the social media world believe they can insult people without any redress. You just have to look through the pages on here to see where criticism of players go beyond performance and seem to believe players are playing badly through choice. Luckily I'm in my 70's and attend matches with my son and grandchildren and I manage to control myself and stop the urge to punch the lights out on the macarons around me. Going to matches is no longer enjoyable for me, not because of results (which is the be all and end all) to most people but the total lack of understanding of the game, players and sportsmanship of the "fans". A game I've loved for over 60 years and given pleasure and despair both playing and watching has turned to brick. I blame money and media saturation along with the simple minded that believe how "following" a bunch of blokes chasing a ball makes them superior to others, it's just a game, these people really need a life or a girl friend.

You're thinking of the new money types. The rest of us have decorum.
cor_cor_okinawan_rum_red_label.jpg

Respect.

The pitch is the players’ domain. The stands are the fans’ domain. Players shouldn’t go into the stands and fans shouldn’t go onto the pitch. Must be hard to hear some of the crap levelled at them by fans but unless it was something truly uncalled for and clamy then there’s not an excuse for it.

Was comfortably our best player last night, and not one I would ever critise for lack of effort, which makes you wonder why the cretin in the crowd pi ked on him.
Did he know diers family was close by and was looking for a reaction? Think he might have got more than he bargained for.
Hopefully we can identify the guy and ban him.

Back