• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Re: Welcome Eric Dier!

may he be forever popping bubbles !

70887.jpg

shame on all you guys who though a 20 year old regular starter in a portuguese league won't be ready for the EPL

Last edited:

Brilliant. Think he'll be the bargain of the Summer. And it's 5M Euros so about 4M pounds or about 1/5th of a Lovren. How's that carefully crafted Liverpool transfer strategy, Brent?

I'm just gonna self quote this every so often through out the season.

Now for Lovren to give away a penalty and score an own goal tonight and we're off.

17 August 2014
[h=1]Garth Crooks's team of the week[/h]
_77000374_2642bdbe-2c7d-4681-92a9-ac1ac09bec34.jpg

[h=2]DEFENDER - Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)[/h]
_76996691_dier.jpg

Eric Dier told BBC Match of the Day he was "not that sure" why he went forward in the last minute

He started at centre-back, went to right-back and finished like a striker in the 1-0 win over West Ham. I agree with his uncle who texted me to say he wasn't sure what a right-back was doing there scoring with his left foot in the 93rd minute. He does have a point.

Did you know? Born in England but moved to Portugal as a child and came through the Sporting Lisbon academy.

Very reminiscent of Lennon's against Woolwich a couple of years back.

Excellent first touch - too often 'strikers' will push it too far and then have to go for the sham penalty.

That's a peach of a through ball from Kane as well.

His awareness was excellent. He probably didn't even have time to realize who was making the run in the first place.

Holtby made a similar run earlier in the half that Eriksen completely missed. I'm thinking that Kane might be an option as a no10, with Eriksen on the left and Lamela on the right, and Dier where ever the **** he wants :)

Yep welcome to Eric. I remember when he joined some people on various forums, not saying here, wanted to loan him out. I thought that was totally wrong, but I was thinking he'd start off by being useful in the Cups/Europe, I never thought something like this would happen! So pleased the club won't be following the advice of those who wanted him loaned out.

While I never want any of our players injured, especially someone like Daws, who's one of my favourite players, but assuming Daws will be fit by Thursday, him having that minor injury has turned out to be a blessing for the club, because it pushed Poch into making a 'gamble' he might not otherwise have taken. Then Naughton's red card, Dier to RB, ah the fickle hand of fate. Sometimes it works well for us, often not.

17 August 2014
[h=1]Garth Crooks's team of the week[/h]
_77000374_2642bdbe-2c7d-4681-92a9-ac1ac09bec34.jpg

[h=2]DEFENDER - Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)[/h]
_76996691_dier.jpg

Eric Dier told BBC Match of the Day he was "not that sure" why he went forward in the last minute

He started at centre-back, went to right-back and finished like a striker in the 1-0 win over West Ham. I agree with his uncle who texted me to say he wasn't sure what a right-back was doing there scoring with his left foot in the 93rd minute. He does have a point.

Did you know? Born in England but moved to Portugal as a child and came through the Sporting Lisbon academy.

another "owen hargreaves", i remember seeing him for the first time playing for bayern one day and was like "you're english, where did u come from",

Very reminiscent of Lennon's against Woolwich a couple of years back.

Excellent first touch - too often 'strikers' will push it too far and then have to go for the sham penalty.

Weird when one replies to one's own submission, but I've spent the last 3 hours in a pub full of Chelski supporters banging on about their bloke being 'taken out' - and that's their 'reasoned start point'.

While tonight's incident was very grey, they were accusing Man U fans of being blind to events.

Teee hee - a birthday present wrapped in Chelski **** - yet, somehow they won.

why is he so far up?

who cares!

In preseason, Poch allowed his FBs to go up, once a midfielder fell back to cover, so it would seem to be to plan.

Can see him playing any of the suspended games (Naughton) at RB, and getting the Europa games as well.

The most absurd thing about that goal imo is that it started with a 19 yr old Bentaleb who's yelling at his forwards to come show for the ball. Was then taken by a 21 yr old Kane who showed pretty good vision and touch to find that pass; and then was finished off by a 20 yr old CB Dier who showed incredible composure for someone making his first appearance in the league, and has no business being up there in the first place.

A pretty good advert for our youth going forward if you ask me.

I think that Died saying that he didn't know what he was doing that far up the pitch was probably just a self depreciating joke and we shouldn't read too much into it

good article by the mail there :)

quite a versatile player too:

He went on to establish himself in the side, regularly playing as a central midfielder, before a fractured rib curtailed his first season in the first team.

Dier was in and out of the team the following season, usually slotting in at centre-back or in a defensive midfield role.
In all, he played 32 senior games for Sporting, scoring once.

Back